User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    Talk to me. Merced's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    286 so/sp
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dareyth View Post
    @Merced I went over all my settings on computer, and none of the requirements were met for it rebooting it after I shut it down. (I have also tried to fix it before using google). I double checked the task scheduler, and the bios. (I also dual boot, btw). I am beginning to think its just an issue with Windows 7.
    Interesting... keep me posted
    I am currently looking for someone to give me an in depth typing. Willing to pay money.
    Likes тень liked this post

  2. #12
    Talk to me. Merced's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    286 so/sp
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Want to avoid Black Friday scams? Talk to me!
    I am currently looking for someone to give me an in depth typing. Willing to pay money.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  3. #13
    Remember, Humanity. Alexandre Dantès's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    379 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,428

    Default

    @Merced What are your thoughts about the scalpers who ate up all the initial 3080s who ended up who ended up losing money as there were manufacturing errors in 3rd party cards shortly after the release of the 3080?
    "..And alien tears will fill for him
    Pity's long-broken urn,
    For his mourner will be outcast men,
    And outcasts always mourn..”

    Exist for today, live for tomorrow, strive to be better than yesterday.

    Preferred pronoun They/them
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  4. #14
    Talk to me. Merced's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    286 so/sp
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Everin View Post
    @Merced What are your thoughts about the scalpers who ate up all the initial 3080s who ended up who ended up losing money as there were manufacturing errors in 3rd party cards shortly after the release of the 3080?


    I have no sympathy for scalpers of any kind. This includes landlords.
    I am currently looking for someone to give me an in depth typing. Willing to pay money.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  5. #15
    Remember, Humanity. Alexandre Dantès's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    379 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post

    I know, right? It's hilarious as now their cards perform less than other 3080s and they dropped like what 800$ on a 3080? I forgot how much they run for MSRP. I think people trying to buy used ones later on will have to be careful though, as scalpers are going to try to get rid of them somehow.
    "..And alien tears will fill for him
    Pity's long-broken urn,
    For his mourner will be outcast men,
    And outcasts always mourn..”

    Exist for today, live for tomorrow, strive to be better than yesterday.

    Preferred pronoun They/them
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  6. #16
    Haunted Echoes Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,116

    Default

    @Merced help me because I am looking at expensive taste and I don't wanna fuck something up.

    My brother got these cool beats from a friend. The solo cubed or something. They're pink. $150.
    I also at best buy saw the razer kraken kitty which is fucking adorable, also about $150.

    It has been suggested I should consider the beats more because I can, in fact, use an auxiliary cord to make them work with my non-bluetooth MP3 player. Is this something that can be done? Which one is more badass for the similar price? How durable are they? Do they have the same sound? I know the comfort level of both is A+.


    After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

  7. #17
    Talk to me. Merced's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    286 so/sp
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    @Merced help me because I am looking at expensive taste and I don't wanna fuck something up.

    My brother got these cool beats from a friend. The solo cubed or something. They're pink. $150.
    I also at best buy saw the razer kraken kitty which is fucking adorable, also about $150.

    It has been suggested I should consider the beats more because I can, in fact, use an auxiliary cord to make them work with my non-bluetooth MP3 player. Is this something that can be done? Which one is more badass for the similar price? How durable are they? Do they have the same sound? I know the comfort level of both is A+.
    It does depend on preference, but what I will say that the only thing that the Solo3 best the Kraken Kitty in is the fact that you can use the Solo3 in bluetooth mode, which sounds like the opposite of what you need.

    Overall, the Kraken Kitty has better reviews. (There's even a review that explicitly compares them to the Solo3.) My only concern is storage-- as in where are you putting these when you aren't using them-- and wearing it in public.

    Kraken products tend to last longer than Beats in my opinion as well.
    I am currently looking for someone to give me an in depth typing. Willing to pay money.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  8. #18
    Haunted Echoes Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    It does depend on preference, but what I will say that the only thing that the Solo3 best the Kraken Kitty in is the fact that you can use the Solo3 in bluetooth mode, which sounds like the opposite of what you need.

    Overall, the Kraken Kitty has better reviews. (There's even a review that explicitly compares them to the Solo3.) My only concern is storage-- as in where are you putting these when you aren't using them-- and wearing it in public.

    Kraken products tend to last longer than Beats in my opinion as well.
    Okay here's kind of what I'm looking at:
    there's a nonkitty kraken (I can buy the ears for it lol) which has an aux cord I can use with my mp3. nevertheless, I am looking for a nice headset for moreless blaring music. but can also handle me running outside in them. so they need durability. and I worry a gaming headset may not work for this. although the kraken's seem straight up awesome and I have luck with razer products.

    do you think it can survive that longevity wise? would you recommend me something else that might if not?

    secondary note: my weird MP3 player has the 3.5mm place for a headset. it does NOT have bluetooth so I need a wired connection ability.


    After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

  9. #19
    Talk to me. Merced's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    286 so/sp
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    Okay here's kind of what I'm looking at:
    there's a nonkitty kraken (I can buy the ears for it lol) which has an aux cord I can use with my mp3. nevertheless, I am looking for a nice headset for moreless blaring music. but can also handle me running outside in them. so they need durability. and I worry a gaming headset may not work for this. although the kraken's seem straight up awesome and I have luck with razer products.

    do you think it can survive that longevity wise? would you recommend me something else that might if not?
    I would personally recommend in-ear headphones for sports activities as opposed to over the ear or on-ear headphones. Definitely wouldn't recommend Kraken for sports anything. I don't even think their warranty covers sweat damage. In that case, I would choose the Beats3 (not doing the supertext anymore, I flexed my bbcode knowledge enough as is). They are more geared towards active use like that. They don't light up, but you can add kitty ears to the Beats3 via Amazon, push comes to shove.
    I am currently looking for someone to give me an in depth typing. Willing to pay money.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  10. #20
    Haunted Echoes Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    I would personally recommend in-ear headphones for sports activities as opposed to over the ear or on-ear headphones. Definitely wouldn't recommend Kraken for sports anything. I don't even think their warranty covers sweat damage. In that case, I would choose the Beats3 (not doing the supertext anymore, I flexed my bbcode knowledge enough as is). They are more geared towards active use like that. They don't light up, but you can add kitty ears to the Beats3 via Amazon, push comes to shove.
    do you recommend any particular wired ones? I want to invest in ones that actually sound good but last - a lot of times my luck ends up being I pay $40 but they die in 3 months... *sigh* so I end up buying like $15 ones that vary in longevity. I am sorry I keep prodding but you do have more knowledge. XD


    After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

Similar Threads

  1. Hey GeekSquad, Help well not geek squad but someone who knows something about macs.
    By prplchknz in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 11:16 AM
  2. Introductory threads encouraged!
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
  3. Geoff makes obligatory welcome thread
    By Geoff in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO