• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

mac users who know something about macs

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so my mom is coming up tomorrow and I need to give her this really long password so she can get on my wireless I've lost the sheet of paper I wrote it on. Is their a way I can go into my settings and find out what it is? The worse that would happen is she just plugs directly into the router, but I do need that password for the future. The password is something you put in once and the computer remembers it.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not a mac user, but things like that are generally possible to reset, and once reset they usually have no password or a standard one. That's really all I can say, since i'm not a mac user.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's probably a support in good aulde India that you can call :rofl1:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah I live in a building with other people and I don't want some stranger leeching off my internet which is why I like the security even if it's annoying when people come to visit.

sandwich

MBTI Type
INTP
If you run OS X and have issues with your *router* settings, you can broadcast your own wireless signal from your computer.

file cabinet

there is something on osx called a "keychain manager" (basically a password manager) where you can find out what all your saved passwords are (including wifi). It should be located under the settings somewhere.

Quiesce

You should look first to Keychain Access (/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app), type “airport” into the search field, look for an entry with your wireless network name, select “Get Info” from the context/secondary click menu, and then check “Show password”.

(click for full-size)​

Last edited:

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Sounds to me like you have lost the router password which has nothing to do with your mac. If its a linksys router just type 192.168.1.1 on the internet address. It will ask you for a administrator name and password. The password is either admin with no user name or the other way around or if you are unlucky its a different combination depending on your router. Once you get in you can reset the password and create a new one. I have never used Macs so if this doesn't apply than, sorry.