• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Heim theory (Hyperdrive technology for space travel)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, i've read about it. There is one major problem though... You need one to build one >.<

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yes, i've read about it. There is one major problem though... You need one to build one >.<

No big deal, we'll just need to develop a time machine to go into the future to steal one and then take it back to build all of the others.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
yea that's just theory.

The thing is, the theory "to need one to build one" is derived from the same logic the propulsion was derived from in the first place. Therefore one, the other or both arguements could be wrong.

But that are just unimportant mind games, I'll read your thing on Heim theory tomorrow, tonite I am too drunk. Looking forward to it.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...Or we can disregard it all in favor of teleportation devices. I've always been a stargate fan... Think that kind of thing could work? I mean... With intricate enough technology, shouldn't humans be possible to demolecularize at point A and then reconstruct them at point B?

The fun part about this is that - if successful - it would finally prove if we are entirely biological beings or not. If it's possible to disassemble and reassemble a human being into such small parts without it being another "soul" coming out at point B, we'd know that everything is biological. That in turn would more or less prove that there is no life after death etc... Scary, innit?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yea that's just theory.

The thing is, the theory "to need one to build one" is derived from the same logic the propulsion was derived from in the first place. Therefore one, the other or both arguements could be wrong.

But that are just unimportant mind games, I'll read your thing on Heim theory tomorrow, tonite I am too drunk. Looking forward to it.

Great, looking forward to some good response :)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yup. And probably only will be, even in theory, for some time. (Who knows though, really.)

--

Keep in mind that we do have stuff up there in space, and it survives the flights just fine. Well, relatively fine. It's not really that big of a deal.

Right now it's only meant for Solar Wind and Cosmic Rays. The small scale tests they're doing look promising, it's just when are we going to send someone out that far.

As for the trash in space, it's pretty swept clean and you don't need to go that fast to get anywhere when you're a bot. People, on the other hand need to go a little faster so that they're not cuddled up in a telephone booth for over 2 years. That said, it's safer going from here to Mars than it is going from here to Alpha Centauri where things are going a lot faster or need to go a lot faster.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So... what MBTIc'er would you pick to accompany you on THAT trip?

I don't know about Runvardh... But how many can I choose?
I bet a few, at least. I'd choose a team looking like Stargate Atlantis...

Portraying Shepherd: Me, the YLJ (ENTJ)
Ronon Dex: Biaxident (because he's a very manly INFP)
Teyla Emmagan: Kyuuei (Machine guns and a bad temper. ENFP)
Carson Beckett: G-Virus (being the empathic future doc that he is, ENTP)
Rodney McKay: Entropie (quirky, bright and funny, ENTP)