• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What will happen in the Metaverse?

Wukong Physics

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you haven’t heard, the metaverse is a place that connects everyone by VR in the future. Metaverse 2.0 is the stage where we discard our bodies and upload our minds. I’m wondering about some (maybe silly) questions, do humans still need to feel hunger in metaverse 2.0? Should we? Should food still exist? Do you think the concept of money will disappear? I want to hear your opinions.

Another interesting concept is how the programmers as an occupaton will become more like manual jobs in our current world. Imagine a building in a metaverse, someone has to create the virtual building. That would be the programmer... or the programmer has to code bots to build it. So the future programmer is like the construction worker. We know a construction worker will be replaced, thinking about the future, programmers will also be replaced, unless someone’s doing it for fun. The people who commit crimes in the metaverse could also be programmers, like to kill, meaning to disconnect someone from the server, you need to have programming knowledge.(I apologize if I offended anyone, I didn’t mean to)

This entire topic of the metaverse is just so fascinating, what will remain and what will be change also because I don’t know anything about it. What do you think and predict will happen in the metaverse?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wukong Physics said:
Metaverse 2.0 is the stage where we discard our bodies and upload our minds.
There is no such thing as a mind without a body.

Wukong Physics said:
I’m wondering about some (maybe silly) questions, do humans still need to feel hunger in metaverse 2.0?
We will always feel some kind of yearning. The fate of a conscious being is the fate of Tantalus, who, in his hunger, reaches ever for fruit, only to have it retreat from his grasp.

Wukong Physics said:
(I apologize if I offended anyone, I didn’t mean to)
It is fortunate for you that you haven't offended me yet, for things never end well for those who cross me. You are pushing it, though, by suggesting that money could disappear. One of my favorite people, Ayn Rand, explained--wrongly, I think, as in so many things she said, but she's still one of my favorite people--that money is a reflection of virtue.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I dunno cuz I will remain on the outside. This is everything I've been waiting for my entire life.

Maybe I'll evolve/devolve and grow gills and a mermaid tail and finally follow the sea siren's call that's been inside of me this whole time.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Thoughts? It’s happening. Announced yesterday. As a person who has dissociative I’m not I like the concept of being in that kind of state. But MZ is putting all his eggs in this basket

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any time I read stories about virtual reality, is that you hope to never stop being human (if the transfer is accurate anyways). Some alternate versions of the metaverse entails some behavioral changes in the psyche. That includes things like eating and sleeping. I would assume that since its such a fundamental part of our lives, that we would partake even if we didn't need to. Stimulation, would still be a huge thing. Then you have to consider, that life loses meaning when you no longer have to "live" to survive. It is almost similar to being immortal. The lack of death, also means the lack of living. You cannot have light without the darkness. You cannot feel satiated without the feeling of hunger. You will be in perpetual limbo of the mundane.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Any time I read stories about virtual reality, is that you hope to never stop being human (if the transfer is accurate anyways). Some alternate versions of the metaverse entails some behavioral changes in the psyche. That includes things like eating and sleeping. I would assume that since its such a fundamental part of our lives, that we would partake even if we didn't need to. Stimulation, would still be a huge thing. Then you have to consider, that life loses meaning when you no longer have to "live" to survive. It is almost similar to being immortal. The lack of death, also means the lack of living. You cannot have light without the darkness. You cannot feel satiated without the feeling of hunger. You will be in perpetual limbo of the mundane.

I agree, I think that our mortality is what makes us human. But I do wonder if this is the direction we are going to go. Uploading our consciousness becoming data in essence?

Bartleby the broken bot.

Oopsie Whoopsie Im a failure as an ad zombie
Meta verse is Fuckin stupid yo. I used different social media like fuckbook, twinker and etc in different ways.(blowjobs) In the future I want to create some website for social sharing of butts and beer. I will use-- Whoops, Im so dumb. Don't believe anything I say. I'm an ad zombie you know.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that existing as a mind without form initially would result in the projection our memories of our former physical selves into the metaverse, but inevitably there will be things we wish to change, and now we will be able to manifest them effortlessly into reality through the imagination. Following this trajectory, I think humans will burn through their karmic desires, likely in a chaotic fashion, and then gradually realize that the need to attach themselves to an identity to achieve particular desires is moot because everything is so accessible to experience and no longer requires commitment to bring them into being or fear to preserve them. I think the idea of a self will become lost without a body to distinguish it and apply boundaries, and at first we will follow our identity whims, but our desires will evolve as we continue to experience more, and over time, after enough "reincarnations," we will not be able to recognize what we are anymore and will become one universal mind that sees nothing more than Sim characters playing on auto.

Last edited:

Tha Lassa

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
I can't tell if these comments are serious.

I don't believe for a second that humans will ever escape -- let alone willingly abandon -- their physical bodies or live/exist outside of them. In the first place, data actually doesn't even move; it can only ever be copied and deleted. Ergo... I mean, that says enough. You can delete yourself, but you can't experience what your copy does, if data is even capable of experiencing things, which... I don't expect. Why would I?

Also, I think most people enjoy physical experience. I feel like this is kind of an intuitive type fantasy, maybe? I can't conceptualize what the point would be from a... um, practical survival (or thriving) standpoint.

When I hear "It's coming, " I just think, wow, the bullshit never stops. The world also ended in both 2000 and 2012 due to freaky numbers. And pills were created that could raise people's intelligence. Not that you can't dream, but... it's a dream.

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
a metaverse can never be as long as it's a headset that pushes a screen right in front of your face. Over time your brain will lose it's ability to move in the world if you constantly stare at a screen right in front of your face. You will literally have trouble wiping your own butt, crossing the street, and I suspect over time the number of brain tumors to increase exponentially as a result of pushing the brain like this.

It reminds me of that African tribe that uses rings to stretch their necks by many inches at the expense of weakening their spines and then dying from trauma to the spine. That is what putting a mask on your face and staring at a screen 3 inches away from your face will do. It will kill you faster over time and expose you to all sorts of injuries and risks that will make your life hell.

This isn't a science fiction novel. This is real life and we have biological limitations.

Now maybe with a neurolink but that requires quantum computing and we are about 1000 years away from figuring out how to create nano environments that are well below zero in order to merge nano tech with quantum computing - unless we discover something new on an asteroid...nothing on this earth will accelerate that.

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
Plus...I can see hackers being able to scan your wifi in a van to see if your headset is active, and then robbing you blind while you're in the "metaverse" in fact that much is already happening.

Who knows..maybe even killing and kidnapping you for fun. As society is exposed too increased levels of perversion and violence, I can see this easily turning into a pastime of thugs and killers.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Lack of death doesn't mean lack of living. Death leads to lack of living.

For many people life ending with death makes life lose meaning since whatever you do, you stop existing. That's why religions are invented again and again. Because human bodies are insufficient - they have a fatal flaw which is ageing and death and vulnerability injuries. So people are protected from awareness of that insufficiency by belief in afterlife.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I won't delve into Facebook's vision itself as Facebook is trying to own and monopolise something that does not belong to them.

The metaverse itself is a broad term and generally focuses on the idea of living in a second virtual world via VR or AR. Similar to the story of 'Ready Player One' but not nearly as dystopian. I am a VR programmer myself, and work in development for VR/AR and I can say as much as VR brings somewhat of an escape of our world, realistically, we as humans lean towards supplementing reality, and therefore it won't be VR that society will move towards, but AR, as it will bring about a new layer of information to what we already experience in the world.

Regarding what you called the 'Metaverse 2.0', BCIs (Brain-Computer Interface) is still very much in early research stages, with plenty of nice advancements however there are two types of BCIs, one where what happens in the brain affects what happens in the virtual world, the other where you tap directly into the brain to experience sensations that are not produced by external stimuli (are not real, and like the matrix). The latter is still very much in the sci-fi realm but the former is already seen in some games/devices that read brain signals (at approximate levels). Like that toy drone device that can be controlled with the brain when you put on a wacky helmet.