• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Wi-Fi Threats to Health

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is an article from Science Direct
Wi-Fi is an important threat to human health - ScienceDirect

From the Article:
Repeated Wi-Fi studies show that Wi-Fi causes oxidative stress, sperm/testicular damage, neuropsychiatric effects including EEG changes, apoptosis, cellular DNA damage, endocrine changes, and calcium overload. Each of these effects are also caused by exposures to other microwave frequency EMFs, with each such effect being documented in from 10 to 16 reviews

also reported a total of
35 neurological/neuropsychiatric effects of non-thermal EMF exposures,
9 central nervous system effects,
4 autonomic system effects,
17 psychological disorders,
4 behavioral changes and EEG changes.
7 types of chromosomal aberrations several of which are known to be caused by chromosomal double stranded DNA breaks,
8 types of endocrine changes, and cell death (what we now call apoptosis).
changes related to testis or sperm

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have constant exposure to two dozen strong signals, and almost as many weaker signals because of apartment living. This is disturbing. I was turning mine off at night but it then occurred to me the futility of this when I'm surrounded by so many other signals.

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I honestly think it isn't too bad. Just consider that we always had an enourmous source of radio frequency radioation that was out there for billions of years, which we commonly refer to as "sun", and the average power density, even within radio frequency range (like Wi-Fi), is far above what cell-phones can achieve. However, there's still some difference, as technical waves tend to be polarized while sunlight, along with most natural sources, isn't. I suggest you to read this article, and maybe a few others, and form your own opinion. I think it is possible that radiation can have an effect on biology and health, but I don't think it is that severe, and we'll need long-term studies to actually analyze the consequences of prolonged exposure.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Apparently you can get wifi blocking wallpaper!

Seriously though, I have thought about this too and how even if you were to avoid it at home, how ubiquitous it's become everywhere else.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I work in an office with wi-fi. Much as I'd like to go carve wooden dolls in some remote mountain hut, I'm afraid there's no escaping it for now.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Just wait till technology and the human body become more fully integrated, then people can get it's effects directly and without having to be near an external signal.

I'm going to get mine implanted in my testicles to speed things up.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
15812d3d-8507-4e4f-b302-524f57e5dad5