• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Life Extension Science

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fisetin

Fisetin is one especially interesting naturally occurring flavonoid because it is derived simply from strawberries and there have been zero negative side effects measured in the research so far. It removes senescent cells from the body and also the brain - it can cross the blood/brain barrier. After cells divide enough times and their telemers are short enough they become cancerous or senescent. The latter has been described to me as 'zombie cells' that just take up space and inhibit functioning. Senescent cells also excrete inflammatory chemicals which cause other damages from what I understand. Fisetin clears these out of the system so we are left with functional cells that can communicate and interact more effectively. I don't claim expertise on this, but I'm interested in it because of my father who is on palliative care and so I visit him every day for vitamins and supplements.

Fisetin May be a Low-Hanging Fruit for Aging | | LEAF

Effects of fisetin on hyperhomocysteinemia-induced experimental endothelial dysfunction and vascular dementia. - PubMed - NCBI

https://www.jns-journal.com/article...4HMqLHNkktMnCaGX23yrfjIf1yh22yX92096KY57aGTcM

Client Request Error

Alleviation by Fisetin of Frailty, Inflammation, and Related Measures in Older Adults - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

Lark

Great thread, subscribed.

This seriously interests me, along with the topic of regenerative medicine, which could amount to the same thing if it effectively results in the reversal of aging like in bicentennial man.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Young Blood Rejuvenates Old Bodies: A Call for Reflection when Moving from Mice to Men

By connecting the circulatory system of young and healthy mice to old and sick mice, the young blood tends to bring new life to the organs of the old. They become healthier, stronger, and smarter [1].

They should just start harvesting blood cells of newborns, freeze them, and then grow them in 50 years when aging starts to be a problem.

Fountain of Youth? Young Blood Infusions “Rejuvenate” Old Mice

Last year a Monterey Calif.–based company called Ambrosia launched the first U.S. clinical trial to test the anti-aging effect of young blood in people, but participants had to pay to participate, raising ethical questions. Wyss-Coray was critical of this trial, but Alkahest, a company he co-founded, recently completed its own more rigorous small safety trial on 18 Alzheimer's patients with “no adverse side effects.”

It's $8,000 to participate in the trial. I have no doubt they'll be able to identify a host of anti-aging factors in young blood in a couple of years.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
It's never the ones you hope.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Then there are the super anti-oxidants that target the mitochondria:

Scientists Slow Aging With Artificial Antioxidant SkQ1

Animals in the control group aged rapidly as expected. They were losing weight, their body temperature decreased, severe curvature of the spine (as a result of osteoporosis) and alopecia were developing, their skin became thinner, and in case of females estrus cycle was impaired. Finally their mobility and oxygen consumption were decreased. The development of all these typical traits of ageing was dramatically decelerated in the group treated with SkQ1.

This product, SKQ1, has extended the lifespan of multiple animal/insect species by around 20%. I don't think we can buy it yet for human consumption.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Fisetin is also a glycolytic inhibitor; these are compounds with powerful anti-cancer properties. I'm gonna order some and see if it helps my psoriasis. I do notice a definite improvement in inflammation when I take quercetin, a similar compound.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I knew Bathory was onto something!

Lark

Young Blood Rejuvenates Old Bodies: A Call for Reflection when Moving from Mice to Men

They should just start harvesting blood cells of newborns, freeze them, and then grow them in 50 years when aging starts to be a problem.

Fountain of Youth? Young Blood Infusions “Rejuvenate” Old Mice

It's $8,000 to participate in the trial. I have no doubt they'll be able to identify a host of anti-aging factors in young blood in a couple of years.

I'd read about some sinister stuff associated with a lot of this research.

Its already lead to scares in zones hit by epidemic disease, one of the ebola sites a lot of doctors and emergency personnel were murdered by locals who had started to believe stories about organ and blood harvesting "foreign vampires".

Plus disappearances of children from immigration centres, population displacements, disappearance of refugees and people trafficking have all been linked with this thing.

Like, I thought it was sinister enough when I heard that there were clubs on US university campuses which engaged in blood transfusions from the young for money. This is beyond that. The whole stem cell cultures and harvesting thing is a step beyond that too, its all documented in scary books like Body Shopping by bio-ethicists who've been able to document how pop free marketeer thinking and left wing liberal causes have converged to enable some really ill shit.

rav3n

Fisetin is one especially interesting naturally occurring flavonoid because it is derived simply from strawberries and there have been zero negative side effects measured in the research so far. It removes senescent cells from the body and also the brain - it can cross the blood/brain barrier. After cells divide enough times and their telemers are short enough they become cancerous or senescent. The latter has been described to me as 'zombie cells' that just take up space and inhibit functioning. Senescent cells also excrete inflammatory chemicals which cause other damages from what I understand. Fisetin clears these out of the system so we are left with functional cells that can communicate and interact more effectively. I don't claim expertise on this, but I'm interested in it because of my father who is on palliative care and so I visit him every day for vitamins and supplements.

Fisetin May be a Low-Hanging Fruit for Aging | | LEAF

Effects of fisetin on hyperhomocysteinemia-induced experimental endothelial dysfunction and vascular dementia. - PubMed - NCBI

https://www.jns-journal.com/article...4HMqLHNkktMnCaGX23yrfjIf1yh22yX92096KY57aGTcM

Client Request Error

Alleviation by Fisetin of Frailty, Inflammation, and Related Measures in Older Adults - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
I read two. My main criticism is sample size (tiny) and how in the clinical trial, they pretty much negated the majority of the senior population with their exclusions.

Lark

Yep. It'll just be the same ultra-rich madmen who benefit so they can go on to bleed the people of money, the Earth of resources and all life-except for thiers, of course.

I do wonder about that, like I've wondered if whether an unknown but very definite sort of social stratification hasnt emerged long, long ago already which does not change and nullifies all the progressive gains humanity has otherwise made and is slowly going to dismantle the more obvious ones.

Some of the old fairy tales and stories of magic that I remember as a kid used to have characters who where evil as a consequence of "abnormally long life" and I have thought about that sense, with reference to this topic, there's also this story I remember called The Hunger which is a non-traditional sort of vampire story, the "patient zero" of the vampire plague IS a vampire, eternally young type, but anyone she has bitten is doomed to a kind of immortality combined with decrepitude and eventually becoming pseudo-mummies in their attic space.

Like longevity isnt eternal youth, even in some of wilder predictions from years ago (the best I read lately was The People Shapers, it was by the guy who wrote The Hidden Persuaders, it reads like a work of wild exaggeration futurology but at the time it was pretty much commonly accepted opinion) like head transplants and interchangeable bodies grown in tanks, they havent found any ways yet to stop brain cell death.

Aging will get you one way or another.

Part of why I think longevity is important to most people is that they hope in time their prospects will improve and they could get the sort of lifestyle enjoyed presently by the few and fewer, sometimes that's not even that exuberant or affluent a lifestyle (like the people who're that stressed they dream of just sitting at home as a couch potato!).