MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    It's never the ones you hope.
    Yep. It'll just be the same ultra-rich madmen who benefit so they can go on to bleed the people of money, the Earth of resources and all life-except for thiers, of course.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenetta View Post
    Fisetin is one especially interesting naturally occurring flavonoid because it is derived simply from strawberries and there have been zero negative side effects measured in the research so far. It removes senescent cells from the body and also the brain - it can cross the blood/brain barrier. After cells divide enough times and their telemers are short enough they become cancerous or senescent. The latter has been described to me as 'zombie cells' that just take up space and inhibit functioning. Senescent cells also excrete inflammatory chemicals which cause other damages from what I understand. Fisetin clears these out of the system so we are left with functional cells that can communicate and interact more effectively. I don't claim expertise on this, but I'm interested in it because of my father who is on palliative care and so I visit him every day for vitamins and supplements.

Fisetin May be a Low-Hanging Fruit for Aging | | LEAF

Effects of fisetin on hyperhomocysteinemia-induced experimental endothelial dysfunction and vascular dementia. - PubMed - NCBI

https://www.jns-journal.com/article/...92096KY57aGTcM

Client Request Error

Alleviation by Fisetin of Frailty, Inflammation, and Related Measures in Older Adults - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov
    I read two. My main criticism is sample size (tiny) and how in the clinical trial, they pretty much negated the majority of the senior population with their exclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Yep. It'll just be the same ultra-rich madmen who benefit so they can go on to bleed the people of money, the Earth of resources and all life-except for thiers, of course.
    I do wonder about that, like I've wondered if whether an unknown but very definite sort of social stratification hasnt emerged long, long ago already which does not change and nullifies all the progressive gains humanity has otherwise made and is slowly going to dismantle the more obvious ones.

Some of the old fairy tales and stories of magic that I remember as a kid used to have characters who where evil as a consequence of "abnormally long life" and I have thought about that sense, with reference to this topic, there's also this story I remember called The Hunger which is a non-traditional sort of vampire story, the "patient zero" of the vampire plague IS a vampire, eternally young type, but anyone she has bitten is doomed to a kind of immortality combined with decrepitude and eventually becoming pseudo-mummies in their attic space.

Like longevity isnt eternal youth, even in some of wilder predictions from years ago (the best I read lately was The People Shapers, it was by the guy who wrote The Hidden Persuaders, it reads like a work of wild exaggeration futurology but at the time it was pretty much commonly accepted opinion) like head transplants and interchangeable bodies grown in tanks, they havent found any ways yet to stop brain cell death.

Aging will get you one way or another.

Part of why I think longevity is important to most people is that they hope in time their prospects will improve and they could get the sort of lifestyle enjoyed presently by the few and fewer, sometimes that's not even that exuberant or affluent a lifestyle (like the people who're that stressed they dream of just sitting at home as a couch potato!).

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Living: It's the devil you know.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...