User Tag List

12 Last

🍓 girl in an 🍎 world SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Default America's Wealthiest Science Denier Dead

Didn't see mention of Koch's death in either the Politics sub forum or this one (eclipsed by Epstein's death, very likely), so guess I'll start this thread...
    Many may recall him as being a top donor to the PACs and politicians who've made it their career to deny climate change and protect dirty energy interests.
    Over 40 years ago, we were passing through South Carolina - possibly on our way to Florida.
    For reasons unknown to this day, we were shot to death, execution style, on the side of a dirt road.
    We were a young couple, probably in our early to mid-20s, and may have been French Canadian.
    Our identities have never been established.
    So... Who were we?

Likes bechimo liked this post

MBTI
    IxFJ

I say, good riddance! The only redeeming quality of the Koch brothers is their opposition to Trump and determination to see him removed from office.

NYT - Charles Koch Takes On Trump. Trump Takes On Charles Koch.

Likes bechimo, SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Rest in hell.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers, Yuu liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar

Isn't that one of them there ox morons: rest in hell? Isn't rest kinda contrarty to that thing folk are allegedly always missing?
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
    I say, good riddance! The only redeeming quality of the Koch brothers is their opposition to Trump and determination to see him removed from office.

NYT - Charles Koch Takes On Trump. Trump Takes On Charles Koch.

Yet, the enemy of an enemy is not always a friend. He dislikes Trump for far different reasons than most (trade). The Kochs have done business with Iran when it was banned by the government. They disregard any regulations, anything said by any politician, left or right, if it hampers their shady business dealings in any way.

I found this quote dripping with irony: "Mr. Koch denounced a 'rise in protectionism' in which countries, organizations and individuals are 'doing whatever they can to close themselves off from the new, hold on to the past, and prevent change.'"
    Likes Honeydew liked this post

My first thought was: What did he do to the Clintons?
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    My first thought was: What did he do to the Clintons?
    Lol - another coverup! xD
    Over 40 years ago, we were passing through South Carolina - possibly on our way to Florida.
    For reasons unknown to this day, we were shot to death, execution style, on the side of a dirt road.
    We were a young couple, probably in our early to mid-20s, and may have been French Canadian.
    So... Who were we?

Likes JAVO liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

David Koch’s Philanthropic Legacy

One of the largest donations Koch made was to create medical research centers and patient facilities, including MIT's Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital; and MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Other major recipients included Johns Hopkins, Stanford University Hospital, Mount Sinai Medical Center, and the Hospital for Special Surgery.
    Basically, the guy was a saint; he's done far more to improve the condition of his fellow man than every Democrat combined. The people who hate him, like Bill Maher, are rigid ideologues who don't understand the basics of the scientific process. The world is a better place because of people who care like David Koch.
    Why don't we have a clone army yet (imagine a 1 million Chuck Norris army)? or Voltron? or even an Ironman suit? Come on people, let's make some scary shit so we can beat up some savages.

MBTI
    KLLR
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Err. The Kochs have always been a mixed bag. On the one hand they’ve been strong climate change deniers but on the other hand they’ve been against the war on drugs and unscrupulous police tactics (such as those field kits for testing for narcotics which have been proven to be notoriously unreliable), and were against the Iraq War quagmire. And anti Trump, which is a plus.

The good doesn’t wash out the bad and vice versa, but I don’t think they are quite the boogeymen they’ve been portrayed as. The same can be said about Soros. I would not go so far to call David a saint, but he was hardly the Antichrist either. Even Sam Bee acknowledged the Kochs’ stance on excessive police overreach in the war on drugs.

I think most people have a set idea about people like the Kochs, Soros, Buffet, etc, often without bothering to actually learn why these billionaire boogeymen are supposedly so evil. Their glorious party heads or preferred radio/TV pundits decree it, so it must be true.
    No matter where you go, there you are....

until a masked maniac impales you with a tire iron.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Their glorious party heads or preferred radio/TV pundits decree it, so it must be true.
    Or... just some research into the facts? Truth is truth. 2+2=4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    David Koch’s Philanthropic Legacy

Basically, the guy was a saint; he's done far more to improve the condition of his fellow man than every Democrat combined. The people who hate him, like Bill Maher, are rigid ideologues who don't understand the basics of the scientific process. The world is a better place because of people who care like David Koch.
    Yikes.
    So... Who were we?