• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

America's Wealthiest Science Denier Dead

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Didn't see mention of Koch's death in either the Politics sub forum or this one (eclipsed by Epstein's death, very likely), so guess I'll start this thread...
Many may recall him as being a top donor to the PACs and politicians who've made it their career to deny climate change and protect dirty energy interests.

Honeydew

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFJ
I say, good riddance! The only redeeming quality of the Koch brothers is their opposition to Trump and determination to see him removed from office.

NYT - Charles Koch Takes On Trump. Trump Takes On Charles Koch.

Screen_Shot_2018_07_31_at_9.51.21_AM.png

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Isn't that one of them there ox morons: rest in hell? Isn't rest kinda contrarty to that thing folk are allegedly always missing?

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I say, good riddance! The only redeeming quality of the Koch brothers is their opposition to Trump and determination to see him removed from office.

NYT - Charles Koch Takes On Trump. Trump Takes On Charles Koch.

Screen_Shot_2018_07_31_at_9.51.21_AM.png
Yet, the enemy of an enemy is not always a friend. He dislikes Trump for far different reasons than most (trade). The Kochs have done business with Iran when it was banned by the government. They disregard any regulations, anything said by any politician, left or right, if it hampers their shady business dealings in any way.

I found this quote dripping with irony: "Mr. Koch denounced a 'rise in protectionism' in which countries, organizations and individuals are 'doing whatever they can to close themselves off from the new, hold on to the past, and prevent change.'" :shock:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
David Koch’s Philanthropic Legacy

One of the largest donations Koch made was to create medical research centers and patient facilities, including MIT's Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital; and MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Other major recipients included Johns Hopkins, Stanford University Hospital, Mount Sinai Medical Center, and the Hospital for Special Surgery.

Basically, the guy was a saint; he's done far more to improve the condition of his fellow man than every Democrat combined. The people who hate him, like Bill Maher, are rigid ideologues who don't understand the basics of the scientific process. The world is a better place because of people who care like David Koch.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Err. The Kochs have always been a mixed bag. On the one hand they’ve been strong climate change deniers but on the other hand they’ve been against the war on drugs and unscrupulous police tactics (such as those field kits for testing for narcotics which have been proven to be notoriously unreliable), and were against the Iraq War quagmire. And anti Trump, which is a plus.

The good doesn’t wash out the bad and vice versa, but I don’t think they are quite the boogeymen they’ve been portrayed as. The same can be said about Soros. I would not go so far to call David a saint, but he was hardly the Antichrist either. Even Sam Bee acknowledged the Kochs’ stance on excessive police overreach in the war on drugs.

I think most people have a set idea about people like the Kochs, Soros, Buffet, etc, often without bothering to actually learn why these billionaire boogeymen are supposedly so evil. Their glorious party heads or preferred radio/TV pundits decree it, so it must be true.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Their glorious party heads or preferred radio/TV pundits decree it, so it must be true.

Or... just some research into the facts? Truth is truth. 2+2=4.

- - - Updated - - -

David Koch’s Philanthropic Legacy

Basically, the guy was a saint; he's done far more to improve the condition of his fellow man than every Democrat combined. The people who hate him, like Bill Maher, are rigid ideologues who don't understand the basics of the scientific process. The world is a better place because of people who care like David Koch.

Yikes.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
David Koch was the VP candidate on the Libertarian party ticket in 1980. Libertarians are usually right; climate change is nonsense because the climate has always changed. It's never been static. The reason why "global warming" is no longer used by lefties is because there hasn't been any global warming for 19 years. The bastardization of language by hysterical climate change advocates should be a huge warning that we're not dealing with real scientists.

If Democrats are serious about the planet ending in 12 years, they should set an example and give up their cars and jets and rollerskate or ride donkeys. If I'm not seeing crazy Bernie or Pocahontas on a horse, that means they're not serious about carbon emissions. :D