• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Silicon Valley's Social Credit System

Lark

If you must reduce me to labels, I prefer Antifa.

Really? I'm going largely on what I know about the UK's SWP/anti-nazi league, anti-racist action and anti-fascist action and they were all largely organised by under cover cops and intelligence agencies.

That was such a long time ago too. I'm surprised that any has choosen to revive that scene at all.

Its much older than the first anti-globalization protests at Genoa, the so called "black block", the right wing "protest warriors" scene and satirical placards (they were supposedly a CIA front, at least the ones in mainland Europe/Germany) all of that.

There were some really good criticisms of AFA in the UK by people who took the idea of "negative campaigning" seriously, define yourself by what you are not, ie "anti-something", you are in a sort of symbiotic relationship with whatever it may be. You cant talk about the one without mentioning the other. So it stays forever in the public consciousness and never gets forgotten about. Pro and Contra movements of all sorts have fallen into that trap before now.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Cervantes.

Lark

Just in relation to this, has anyone read about the idea of the "Panoptican"?

I visited Kilmainin (spelling) Jail and they mentioned it there as the prison was built in the era of utilitarian thinking and reforms.

It relates to earlier beliefs that the lawful character of earlier epochs can in part be explained by the fact that people felt constantly watched by God, I've read that with the disappearance of that belief and any suspicion or assurance of eventual detection and inevitable punishment/consequences in the afterlife attempts are afoot to conceive of a substitute.

The cameras and life logging is something some how along those lines, for some people a camera is enough to deter offending, its the same as how people used to install phony alarm systems which were just boxes that looked like alarms.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
file-20180819-165937-1r7eq02.jpg

Who are those assholes? They seem like a bunch of one-hit wonders.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you Antifa too? *high fives*

It's always a pleasure to meet other authoritarians. :solidarity:

I was at to keep an eye out and automatically purge any members who attempt to spread pro-union sentiments.

Honeydew

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFJ
I was at to keep an eye out and automatically purge any members who attempt to spread pro-union sentiments.

I sense a great potential in you for censorship and authoritarianism. Will you join us on our quest to purge the motherland of fascists?