• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Woman jailed after 'killing' virtual husband

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I found this story too amusing not to post it.

Woman jailed after 'killing' virtual husband

By MARI YAMAGUCHI – 14 hours ago

TOKYO (AP) — A 43-year-old player in a virtual game world became so angry about her sudden divorce from her online husband that she logged on with his password and killed his digital persona, police said Thursday.

The woman, who has been jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his ID and password to log onto the popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in May, a police official in the northern city of Sapporo said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because of department policy.

"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

The woman, a piano teacher, had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said.

She has not yet been formally charged. If convicted, she could face up to five years in prison or a fine up to $5,000.

Players in "Maple Story" create and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting monsters and other obstacles.

The Associated Press: Woman jailed after 'killing' virtual husband

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
What is a perverse delusional marriage without "fighting monsters" I ask? Nothing, I say.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:huh: People are strange.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
anybody think that people place too much steak in marriage and not enough into the relationship ?

the marriage being the partnership that is paraded around for others
and the relationship = the actual dynamics of the two individuals interacting

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me. But how does that relate to the topic?

see how the focus is put on how ridiculous her actions were
and the repercussions for them ?
well.....this is not the problem, but a mere manifestation of it.

the problem is that the wife resulted to a rather dishonest and underhanded tactic to accomplish an unhealthy and unethical goal.
and........there was little to no monetary gain in such a feat.

the relationship obviously is devoid of trust

however, i think that the avatar system is perfect in the sense that it allows the user to be emotionally naked, but under a guise.
the true character comes out candidly, and problem areas can be addressed accordingly.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
anybody think that people place too much steak in marriage and not enough into the relationship ?

depends on what type of steak. rib-eye? sirloin? new-york strip(per)?

man, a rib in someone's eye... that's marital strife to be sure.

astroidea

MBTI Type
ENTP
absurd sensationalist news, but funny.
she's never gonna get charged for deleting someone's character off this kiddie game.
what are they going to charge her with?
they can't get her for hacking because he gave her the password.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she's never gonna get charged for deleting someone's character off this kiddie game.

That was the part that boggled my mind.

Yes, she was being obsessive, neurotic, stupid, and petty.
But that's not a crime.

What are they charging her with? He gave her his login information.

It's like expecting someone to be charged for using their set of housekeys (given to them) to enter a friend's house, drinking their orange juice, and doing her laundry there.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
How did he divorce her? Is it like Facebook where someone all of a sudden discovers they aren't in a relationship anymore? :D

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP

Ooh. Line of empty space.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
If you have been there, if you have seen it... how could you tell her that she was wrong? He had it coming!

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
If you have been there, if you have seen it... how could you tell her that she was wrong? He had it coming!
He had it coming
He had it coming
He only had himself to blame

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

He had it coming
He had it coming

The moral of the story is never get fucked on a feather bed give out your passwords.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
He had it coming
He had it coming

thats ridiculous!

men have relationship rights too

This isn't the 1950's!

When she deleted his account, an account that took money and monthly fees to build up, that is the same as destruction of property.

If my ex still has my keys, it might be questionable for her to be charged with breaking and entering, but she is definitely liable for destroying and setting fire to my house.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
thats ridiculous!

men have relationship rights too

This isn't the 1950's!

When she deleted his account, an account that took money and monthly fees to build up, that is the same as destruction of property.

If my ex still has my keys, it might be questionable for her to be charged with breaking and entering, but she is definitely liable for destroying and setting fire to my house.
LOL. YouTube - Cell Block Tango from "Chicago"