• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Watchmen

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Alan Moore's seminal comic book series, sorry, "graphic novel" :p

I really want to type the characters from it before the movie and its trailers come out, and mess up everyone's perception of the characters.

Nite Owl: ISFP
The Comedian: ESTP
Doctor Manhattan: INTP
Ozymandias: ENTJ
Rorschach: ISTP
Silk Spectre: ISFP

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think The Comedian was a N, but I don't remember very well.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doctor Manhattan: INTJ
Silk Spectre: INFP

Ozymandias: xNTJ
Rorschach: ISTx

Dan and Laurie are probably both ISxx but I'm not sure on the rest. The original Nite Owl was probably ISFP and it's possible Dan is the same -- and I'm thinking mostly the way in which he interacts with Laurie here. He very much embodies in his tenderness regarding her and his general softness the way an ISFP moves through the world.

Laurie's not really an N, she's much more into the practical tangibilities and is pretty bad at seeing inferences in the data (note how hard it is for her to connect the dots in terms of figuring out her parentage). She's pretty gritty, not very ethereal. it's especially obvious when she interacts with Dr. Manhattan, Jon -- he's very abstracted and almost not human, she's very grounded and gets pissed off all the time at how disconnected he is from tangible reality.

Jon is very much a surveyor of systems and modeling. He might seem J, but that's only because he sees everything and so already knows how they turn out. So ultimately he merely uses Ne to perceive all of the system and Ti knows exactly how it will mesh up, and so he conforms to the pattern; this is basic INTP behavior at its most extreme, except we human ones can't see everything when we try to understand all of the system (so as to know what to do) and so we become plagued by doubt.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ozymandias: xNTJ
Rorschach: ISTx

Dan and Laurie are probably both ISxx but I'm not sure on the rest. The original Nite Owl was probably ISFP and it's possible Dan is the same -- and I'm thinking mostly the way in which he interacts with Laurie here. He very much embodies in his tenderness regarding her and his general softness the way an ISFP moves through the world.

Laurie's not really an N, she's much more into the practical tangibilities and is pretty bad at seeing inferences in the data (note how hard it is for her to connect the dots in terms of figuring out her parentage). She's pretty gritty, not very ethereal. it's especially obvious when she interacts with Dr. Manhattan, Jon -- he's very abstracted and almost not human, she's very grounded and gets pissed off all the time at how disconnected he is from tangible reality.

Jon is very much a surveyor of systems and modeling. He might seem J, but that's only because he sees everything and so already knows how they turn out. So ultimately he merely uses Ne to perceive all of the system and Ti knows exactly how it will mesh up, and so he conforms to the pattern; this is basic INTP behavior at its most extreme, except we human ones can't see everything when we try to understand all of the system (so as to know what to do) and so we become plagued by doubt.

I originally saw Manhattan as INTP, I think I agree on that.
Laurie: ISFX She's definetly a Feeler imho. I think I'll go with ISFP. She's not quite grounded herself to be an ISFJ.

Personally I think Rorschach gets something of a kick out of spontaneity, making him more likely to be a P.

Ozymandias is an E. He wants to be Alexander the Great (another ENTJ). There's something about him that's just so flamboyant and extroverted. He is also able to act quite spontaneously, something an INTJ would be less skilled at.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Alan Moore's seminal comic book series, sorry, "graphic novel" :p

I really want to type the characters from it before the movie and its trailers come out, and mess up everyone's perception of the characters.

Silk Spectre: ISFP

This seems about right. I'm not quite sure about Nite Owl though. I'd almost say INFP for him...not sure. I give a definite agreement on the others though.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This seems about right. I'm not quite sure about Nite Owl though. I'd almost say INFP for him...not sure. I give a definite agreement on the others though.

He's an inventor though. He's absolutly fantastic at building new technologies.

Thats not to say he couldn't be an INFP, but it makes it less likely.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rorshach: ISTP
Dr. Manhattan: INTP
Ozymandias: ENTJ (by the way, Alexander the Great was ENTP)
Nite Owl II: INFP
Silk Spectre II: ENFJ (average not archetypal)

Idioteque

Rorschach -- ISTJ

ISTP? I mean, "Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon" doesn't sound like anything a perciever would say, no? Plus he's very much Si.

Also I believe The Comedian was ENTP, though I might have to reread the comic book..

rav3n

Another one for Rorschach being an ISTJ. If he were an ISTP, he'd be more open to societal changes.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
You have to remember.. these are not totally healthy people. Shadow function should be taken into consideration
And most are F/Subjective in their decisions to be Superheroes

Nite Owl: ISFJ
The Comedian: ESFP
Doctor Manhattan: INTJ
Rorschach: ISFP
Silk Spectre: ESFJ

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Doctor Manhattan: IxTP
Rorschach: ISTJ
Silk Spectre: xSFJ

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Doctor Manhattan: IxTP
Rorschach: ISTJ
Silk Spectre: xSFJ

Owl was ISFJ.

And Dr Manhattan was so friggin INTP you might as well paint your dick blue, Jock.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Owl was ISFJ.

Fair enough. I think because he was significantly different enough from Silk Spectre I figured I'd go the other way with him. Although he does resemble the ISFJ doormat like a pro.

And Dr Manhattan was so friggin INTP...

The thing is, his spacey-ness and ability to see through his own timeline was his concrete perception, not anything really abstracted. I was about to launch into a functional analysis, but you hate those.

...you might as well paint your dick blue, Jock.

Don't think I haven't. Turned out not to be the look I was going for though.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The thing is, his spacey-ness and ability to see through his own timeline was his concrete perception, not anything really abstracted.

Dr Manhattan was a classic case of an INTP nihilist, i.e. someone who mentally masturbates on the idea that human existence is meaningless and fleeting, and that the only thing that is constant, permanent (and therefore important) are the basic rules and building blocks of the universe.

If an ISTP could see his own timeline I think he would die of boredom.

I was about to launch into a functional analysis, but you hate those.

Thank you. I do hate those.

Don't think I haven't. Turned out not to be the look I was going for though.

Judging by your avatar, I take it you're trying out gray?
It's a trial an error kind of deal. One day you'll find a color that compliments your personality. I know I have.