User Tag List

View Poll Results: C. S. Joseph: ENTJ / ENTP/ Other Type?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • ENTJ

3 100.00%
  • Other Type

0 0%
12 Last

Default C. S. Joseph: ENTP / ENTJ / Other

C. S. Joseph: ENTP, ENTJ, or other type?

Last edited by Metis; 11-21-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    So it was rigged from the beginning.

What do you think of C. S. Joseph's (the guy whose INTP video you posted) MBTI type? Do you think he's an ENTP as he claims, or do you think that the Eric guy on talkingwithfamouspeople is right that Joseph's an ENTJ? Other opinions?
    Very tentatively, I think he is ENTJ. In general he stays more on a straight track in his videos than I would expect with an ENTP. Doesn’t seem prone to a lot of tangents and distractions like a Ne dom. Eric is a good example of ENTP to contrast him with. NTJ logic and style of lecture/argument is more like a spiderweb to me, any tangent is a part of a web that leads back to the center or main point. That’s not necessarily the case with NTP tangents, which can branch off, than split away from the tree and fall to the ground in many cases. Not every NTP tangent is necessarily a fruitful effort, they’re wielding an inaccurate machine gun as opposed to a precise sniper rifle

I might be wrong.

It should be noted that my initial impression of CS was Nx dominant type. I have only seen a handful of his videos. What do you think of his type?

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Very tentatively, I think he is ENTJ. In general he stays more on a straight track in his videos than I would expect with an ENTP. Doesn’t seem prone to a lot of tangents and distractions like a Ne dom. Eric is a good example of ENTP to contrast him with.

I might be wrong.

my initial impression of CS was Nx dominant type. I have only seen a handful of his videos. What do you think of his type?
    I took his word for it while watching a bunch of his videos, but when I saw his rebuttal to Eric and looked into Eric's take, it made more sense to me.

Also, controversial and annoying to some as physical attribute typing is, Joseph reminds me of an ENTJ I dated, who used his voice in a similar way--similar type of resonance, similar intonation patterns. They also have a similarity in the way that certain phrases recur--not just in the fact that they recur, but in the way that they do.

@Jaguar #snippyshouldershrugs
    Likes Officer Ed Powell liked this post

I took his word for it while watching a bunch of his videos, but when I saw his rebuttal to Eric and looked into Eric's take, it made more sense to me.

Also, controversial and annoying to some as physical attribute typing is, Joseph reminds me of an ENTJ I dated, who used his voice in a similar way--similar type of resonance, similar intonation patterns. They also have a similarity in the way that certain phrases recur--not just in the fact that they recur, but in the way that they do.

@Jaguar #snippyshouldershrugs
    Are you summoning the cat?

Are you summoning the cat?
    No, pulling its tail. I'd be interested in ENTJs' opinions on C. S. Joseph's type, though.

Unrelated, but CS is an exact doppelganger for one of the engineers at my workplace. It's uncanny.

CS' language has that poetic Ni feel. He also does the side-to-side thing with his eyes that some people attribute to Ni usage. When he talks about Ti in that one video the TWFP guys analyze, I think he's actually describing Ni.

CS' language has that poetic Ni feel. He also does the side-to-side thing with his eyes that some people attribute to Ni usage. When he talks about Ti in that one video the TWFP guys analyze, I think he's actually describing Ni.
    Do you remember where in the video he's talking about Ti?

Do you remember where in the video he's talking about Ti?
    in the following it starts around 7:40. What he talks about sounds more like how Te and Ni work in conjunction.

in the following it starts around 7:40. What he talks about sounds more like how Te and Ni work in conjunction.

I don't know whether he's describing Ni or not, but he's not describing Ti as I typically use it. The truth for "your sake", not just for mine? IMO, Ti appreciates truth for its own sake even more than for any personal, practical use. The latter has value, but it would be empty and suspect without the former. I don't tell the truth in order to tear people down and build them back up; I do it because I don't like mold on my bread.