• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Breakfast Club

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Who wants to type the main characters of this classic 80's film???

:D

TheBreakfastClubCharacters.jpg

Brian Johnson: (Anthony Michael Hall): "The Brain", INTP :wub:

Allison Reynolds: (Ally Sheedy): "The Basket Case", xxTP??? :wub:

John Bender: (Judd Nelson): "The Criminal", ENTP:wub:

Claire Standish: (Molly Ringwald): "The Princess", IxFJ? :wub:

Andrew Clark: (Emilio Estévez): "The Athlete", ExxJ?? :wub:

Principal Richard Vernon: (Paul Gleason): "The Dick", lol, ESxJ??

Oh, and if anyone feels like watching it, here ya go.

:smooch:

Watch "The Breakfast Club" Movie, download Breakfastclub - Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Characters, not actors:

Ally Sheedy...INFP?

Judd Nelson I'd say's ESTP.

Estevez ESTJ.

Ringwald ESFJ.

The Principal, maybe ISxJ?

ANSWER THE QUESTION, CLAIRE.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're right about John Bender - ESTP

I think the Principal was an ESTJ

Molly Ringwald - princess version of an ISTJ

Emilio Estevez - ISFJ

Farmer Bob and Ally Sheedy's characters, I'm not sure. Strangely, Ally Sheedy reminds me painfully of my older sister in high school, and she was a very insecure ISTJ.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Why is Bender an S?

He is reeking of Ne in my opinion, the only *vague* thing that wold indicate that he was an S was the fact that he liked shop, whatever that means. He has a laser sharp wit and makes hilarious puns and put-downs.

Claire an E? No way.

And Andrew is an F, I watched this film twice last night and I am pretty certain that he is an F, he seems ESTJ-ish because his father is, and he tries to emulate his father, imo, and as the movie progresses you begin to see *his true* personality and he seems like an incredibly conscientious, empathetic individual. That scene where he admits to what he did to that kid??? Soooooo indicative of his true empathetic nature.

And, lol, the principal is an E, hardcore. Perhaps even an ESFJ.

heart

heart on fire
Characters, not actors:

Ally Sheedy...INFP?

Yes, absolutely. INFP caught in Fi-Si loop.

Ally Sheedy reminds me painfully of my older sister in high school, and she was a very insecure ISTJ.

Yeah and now I'm not so sure. Could be ISTJ caught up in Si-Fi loop due to her circumstances.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Who wants to type the main characters of this classic 80's film???

:D

TheBreakfastClubCharacters.jpg

Brian Johnson: (Anthony Michael Hall): "The Brain", INTP :wub:

Allison Reynolds: (Ally Sheedy): "The Basket Case", xxTP??? :wub:

John Bender: (Judd Nelson): "The Criminal", ENTP:wub:

Claire Standish: (Molly Ringwald): "The Princess", IxFJ? :wub:

Andrew Clark: (Emilio Estévez): "The Athlete", ExxJ?? :wub:

Principal Richard Vernon: (Paul Gleason): "The Dick", lol, ESxJ??

Oh, and if anyone feels like watching it, here ya go.

:smooch:

Watch "The Breakfast Club" Movie, download Breakfastclub - Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads

The Brain - Not sure. He's supposed to be an INTP but the actor playing him is probably an SJ. If you're going on character alone, I would say INTP.

Basket Case - INFP

Criminal - ESTP

Princess - ESFx

The Principle - 100% ESTJ

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
looks like there is already a thread on this, I'll just copy my answers from the other thread :D
Brian: INFP 5w4 Sp/Sx (he looks like an INTP because he's a )
Clair: ??FJ 3w4 So/Sx (probably introvert)
Allison: IN?P 4w5 Sx/Sp
Andrew: ISFJ 9w8 Sx/Sp (possibly ISFP)
John: E?TJ 8w7 So/Sx (his style of verbal assault is much more Te dom than Se dom. I don't think he's ESTP)
Vernon: ESTJ 8w7 Sp/So (what is it with ESTJ 8s and trying to look like 1s and 3s lol)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Brain - Not sure. He's supposed to be an INTP but the actor playing him is probably an SJ. If you're going on character alone, I would say INTP.

HELL no, Anthony Michael Hall is ESTP 7w8

KDude

Not sure why Bender is getting typed ESTP. He basically...doesn't want to be around anyone.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
looks like there is already a thread on this, I'll just copy my answers from the other thread :D
Brian: INFP 5w4 Sp/Sx (he looks like an INTP because he's a )
Clair: ??FJ 3w4 So/Sx (probably introvert)
Allison: IN?P 4w5 Sx/Sp
Andrew: ISFJ 9w8 Sx/Sp (possibly ISFP)
John: E?TJ 8w7 So/Sx (his style of verbal assault is much more Te dom than Se dom. I don't think he's ESTP)
Vernon: ESTJ 8w7 Sp/So (what is it with ESTJ 8s and trying to look like 1s and 3s lol)

Bender a Te dom, he is clearly some form of xxTP, mostly likely STP.

Brian Johnson - INTP

Allison Reynolds - FiSi loop INFP

John Bender - ISTP

Claire Standish - ISFJ

Andrew Clark - ESFJ

Principal Richard Vernon - stereotypical ESTJ

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bender a Te dom, he is clearly some form of xxTP, mostly likely STP.

Brian Johnson - INTP

Allison Reynolds - FiSi loop INFP
John Bender - ISTP
Claire Standish - ISFJ
Andrew Clark - ESFJ
Principal Richard Vernon - stereotypical ESTJ

ISTPs don't interrogate and pry into other people's thoughts, opinions and personal space. clear Te dom characteristic

Edit: I'm also pretty sure Brian is INFP. he was gentle and warm like an INFP. INTPs have a cold, technical vibe to them.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bender is _STP, probably 7w8 or 8w7. Really, why is anyone doubting this?

Brian strikes me as INTP. INTP does not always = someone who is cold and logical. I've met a fair share of emotional INTPs (some of whom are even more emotional than Brian).

Allison is INFP. Easily.

Clare is ISFJ. She is far more introverted and private than what many people assume.

I have always thought of Andrew as ISFP, but reading through this thread, I'm seeing how he could actually be ESFJ or even ISFJ.

Vernon is pretty much an ESTJ stereotype.

Anyone got guesses for the janitor?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTPs don't interrogate and pry into other people's thoughts, opinions and personal space. clear Te dom characteristic

Edit: I'm also pretty sure Brian is INFP. he was gentle and warm like an INFP. INTPs have a cold, technical vibe to them.

I(as a INTP) have a gentle demeanor too, both INTPs and INFPs tend to be gentle but kind of aloof(outwardly), I don't buy into the asshole T stereotype(as if being both logical and friendly is some kind of contradiction or something). He seems to have a great interest in conceptually elegant and consistent models(Ti) over some personalized ethical/spiritual agenda(Fi). INTPs can definitely be outwardly friendly and amiable(Ne), just look at Albert Einstein.

I think the TiSi heavy INTPs are typically more of the cynical, technical, and pendatic variety.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I(as a INTP) have a gentle demeanor too, both INTPs and INFPs tend to be gentle but kind of aloof(outwardly), I don't buy into the asshole T stereotype(as if being both logical and friendly is some kind of contradiction or something). He seems to have a great interest in conceptually elegant and consistent models(Ti) over some personalized ethical/spiritual agenda(Fi). INTPs can definitely be outwardly friendly and amiable(Ne), just look at Albert Einstein.

Yes. In my experience INTPs and INFPs can seem very similar in "demeanor". Sometimes you need to really get to know them to see the differences, which are more apparent online where we can see everyone's thought processes.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think the TiSi heavy INTPs are typically more of the cynical, technical, and pendatic variety.

I certainly don't think Ts (well, except STPs lol) are assholes, most of my best friends have been Ts :)
Ne in INFPs can also have an interest in "conceptually elegant models" especially if they're 5w4.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I certainly don't think Ts (well, except STPs lol) are assholes, most of my best friends have been Ts :)

That's like saying you're not racist because your best friend is black.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Pointless post, but wanted to mention how great this movie is, and one of the more entertaining movies from a typology standpoint. Alos wanted to mention the character Sheedy played was featured in an INTP photo. (The more I think about it, she does seem pretty INFP!)

EDIT: intp-wasted-potential2.jpg