• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Matt Groening

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think there are many ESTP writers. It's tough to guess based on a 20 second interview, I'll say ENTP.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think too ENTP. Besides, some may say that Bart is also an ENTP.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think too ENTP. Besides, some may say that Bart is also an ENTP.

As with most shows that have run for the length of time that the Simpsons has, the characters change a little. For example sometimes Bart in more ESFP. But I think the reference is still helpful in leading us in the direction of Matt's MBTI type.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I had Bart figured as ISTP as much as a broad cartoon character can be figured. (So I won't defend my opinion on him very strongly.)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bart is ESTP, but he wasn't actually based on Matt. It's true that Matt named the other members of the Simpson family after his own family (Lisa, Margaret, and Marjorie who I believe were all his sisters if I remember right) and his dad's name is Homer. Bart was actually just the word "brat" with the middle letters switched. The personalities of the characters were not supposed to especially resemble Matt's family, though, he just had writer's block on coming up with names

I'm not sure about Matt's type, but I could definitely see him as an NT of some sort.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Matt's an ENTP.

Bart seems to have been initially written as an ESTP but then evolved into an ENTP.