• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI As Random TV Tropes

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
A boredom project of mine. I'm so dedicated to procrastinating my studies, I've actually decided to make this really specific post.

Any pop-culture nerd online should probably be aware of a certain website called TV Tropes. It contains and lists all of the tropes (i.e. plot devices, stylization of language and image, motifs, cliches) and their examples present throughout the history of fictional (and even non-fictional, occasionally) medium.

Basically what I've done here is, I've clicked on the site's Random Trope button a few dozen types, while having the 16 personalities in mind, and matched the personality to a random trope the way I saw best fit. (Yeah, I'm aware of how weird this is, but I'm an unhealthy INFP, and I'd rather not study right now).

ISTJ - Narration Echo (A character repeats what was just said by the narrator, usually word-for-word, in order to create comedic effect)

ISFJ - Necktie Leash (A woman pulling a man by his necktie, indicating either her affection or dominance in a relationship, or both)

INTJ - Villain Has a Point (When the bad guys are technically right about their viewpoints)

INFJ - Glove Slap (An act of slapping someone with a high-class glove presented as a dignified symbol of inciting necessary conflict)

ISTP - Gun Fu (Badasses using guns and acrobatics simultaneously)

ISFP - Simple, yet Opulent (Character has a fondness for fancy/expensive things that aren't visually complicated)

INTP - Space Cadet (A young hero in a sci-fi setting, recruited to an organization that handles law and order in space)

INFP - Hypothetical Fight Debate (Nerds arguing about who would win in a fight between two fictional characters)

ESTP - You Will Not Evade Me (During the fight, the opponent always makes sure you're in range (Example: Scorpion's "Get over here!" in Mortal Kombat))

ESFP - Ham-to-Ham Combat (Two characters trying to out-dramatize each other, and it gets really corny or over the top)

ENTP - Breakaway Advertisement (An ad is so cleverly constructed, it turns out to be more famous than the product itself)

ENFP - The Leader (A charismatic champion, good at getting people to follow him, the main member of any team)

ESTJ - Humans Are Diplomats (A belief in fiction that humans are different from other races because they're rational and effective diplomats)

ESFJ - The Vamp (An evil, seductive woman)

ENTJ - Big Man on Campus (That guy who was always better than you in every way in high school and probably grew up to be a wealthy stock broker or something)

ENFJ - Dance Battler (A character is simultaneously dancing and fighting)

NOTE: I just made this up as I went along...