• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Q .

Afkan

Does anyone know what personality type(s) typically have the highest I.Q.?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Does anyone know what personality type(s) typically have the highest I.Q.?
Haven't seen much directly about IQ.

I've read studies that said INTPs and INTJs have the highest percentage of "gifted" members, and that ENFP is the most represented type among "gifted" people (partly due to ENFPs being more common than many other N types).

I found this graphic interesting because it seems to suggest giftedness is more likely in NTs in females but NFs in males, with INTJ/INTP being clearly strongest in females, but INFJ followed by the NFPs being strongest in males. Still I don't know the details for this study and I'm guessing most studies in this area are too isolated and small to give a reliable answer.

main-qimg-186e3a81cbae91a8e21c427d9cedc0b4

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
That's interesting. My sister is an ESFJ and one of the smartest people I know. She was a straight A student through college and grad school.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:( I thought this was gonna be a thread on Q from TNG for him I'd say ENTP

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's interesting. My sister is an ESFJ and one of the smartest people I know. She was a straight A student through college and grad school.
IQ and MBTI isn't a one to one correlation. I would say that IQ and being smart isn't as well.

One of my best friends is an ESFJ, and she is a very smart individual who excells in areas like math and science. She attributes it mostly to hard work, but she is undoubtedly intelligent. My mom is also an ESFJ, her IQ is probably in the average-above average range. Where she really excels is EQ. She is a fantastic and quick judge of character. It's rather amazing actually. I envy her ability.

They say ENFPs are overreperesented among academically gifted students. I was never considered "gifted" in school though. My IQ isn't really anything to write home about either, mostly because of my dismal results on the spatial intelligence portion. It's in the 120s, which is above average, but that doesn't set me apart from others as smarter.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While fortunate for your sister, grades do not measure someone’s intelligence.

But diligence and persistence will take you far in this world.