• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elyse Sewell, NT... but which NT?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Elyse Sewell is a model and blogger who is probably still best-known for her delightfully contrarian stint as a contestant on season 1 of America's Next Top Model. She got eliminated (despite being the obviously most model-y of the bunch) when she told Tyra Banks and the rest of the judges the shocking truth :rolleyes2: that being a model is basically about having had genetic good fortune. Her (very entertaining) blog is here.

She's blatantly NT, but which NT?

I asked her and after some bickering ;) she posted a test result of INTJ - but with no percentages and no confirmation of whether she thinks INTJ is her best fit.

Personally, I think she's an ENTP. She seems comfortable (thriving) constantly meeting new people and entering new environments and, though very T, she also seems open-minded, adaptable and spontaneous - more reactive than active - and more of a truth seeker than an application seeker.

I originally posted this over at INTPc where I further argued for ENTP:

Do any of you know any ENTPs for comparison? The male ENTPs I know would not exactly be loudmouths while trapped with inane S model wannabes; I actually think an INTJ would have dominated the atmosphere [on the show] more than Elyse did.

Also, have you read her LiveJournal? Her lifestyle seems very E (and P) to me. Of course, models travel, but she seems to really thrive on constant change.

Stubborn - how so?

After being eliminated, she said something to the effect of "Tyra said I was coming off as arrogant and condescending... And I think she was right." (And she wasn't boasting.) I recall being surprised at that. Not very INTJ - or at least, not very me. :D But I find that ENTPs (XNTPs?) can digest criticism with impressive ease and objectivity.

Edit months later: I now believe it is possible that she is INTJ as she tested instead of ENTP as I claimed. ;)

Last edited:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
No replies? :(

Maybe the eulogy from this INTP can convince you to check out her blog and then take a stab at her type:

aleph_ingrate said:
wow, i've been reading sewell's blog and it's actually pretty damn funny and clever. (...)

i really like this photo of elyse from her site:

attachment.php

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did check out her blog and found her interesting, but it would take a lot of time to determine her type and I never watched that TV show.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I did check out her blog and found her interesting, but it would take a lot of time to determine her type and I never watched that TV show.

Of course, one does have to read a lot of her entries (the older ones are more informative than the recent ones, btw), but I'm hoping someone will care to do so and comment. :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm bored too, so I researched this person and am giving her a tentative INFP (not F because she's female), and type 4, probably 4w3.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
She seemed really INTJ like to me. :shrug: