• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pink Floyd members

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
My guesses so far on a few:

Waters - xNTJ
Gilmour - xNFx
Barrett - xSFP

Gilmour I want to type SFP due to the skills on guitar, but there is something really NF about him in interviews.

I don't mind Sim's typing of ENTJ for Waters. I can see a few things that are very ENTJ in the interview Sture linked.

Barrett reminds me of Paul McCartney a little in interviews (though it might just be that he looks like him :)). He is more out there in his music, maybe ISFP.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
My guesses so far on a few:

Waters - xNTJ
Gilmour - xNFx
Barrett - xSFP

Gilmour I want to type SFP due to the skills on guitar, but there is something really NF about him in interviews.

I don't mind Sim's typing of ENTJ for Waters. I can see a few things that are very ENTJ in the interview Sture linked.

Barrett reminds me of Paul McCartney a little in interviews (though it might just be that he looks like him :)). He is more out there in his music, maybe ISFP.

I don't know why S types seem to have dominance over proficency of an instrument. Intuitives can play and play quite well - And I think Gilmour is a testament to that.

Waters doesn't strike me as an ENTJ. I ceratinly don't think an ENTJ wrote The Wall. It seems quintessentially INTx. Just because he was capable of being a domineering prick, it doesn't make him an ENTJ.

Barrett's music had a sort of playful buoyancy to it. His lyrics, while often clever and capable of being dark, seem to call forth images and emotions from childhood - There's always an innocence to Barrett, even when that innocence has been corrupted.

IxFP seems right.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know why S types seem to have dominance over proficency of an instrument. Intuitives can play and play quite well - And I think Gilmour is a testament to that.

I agree and think this is an example of type bias that contradicts the more common N bias of this forum. It seems to me that because playing an instrument seems like an S activity, people frequently just assume the person doing it is an S. There is, of course, a lot more to someone's personality than his or her activities. I think Hendrix, for instance, was about as N as they come, but I see people type him as isfp all the time sheerly on the basis of his musical chops, and that's just a hasty and generalized conclusion. I personally do things that are typically associated with sensors; I play lead guitar in a rock band, played soccer in high school, run, lift weights, and cook reasonably well, and yet in my way of thinking I am intuitive, and I have always scored as more of an N than any of my other traits. You've got to look at the whole of a person to even begin to understand their personality.

why-att

i don't feel extremely confident about my reaction, but i see intj more than intp. he has a much more intj face, and i would tertiary and not inferior feeling. his comments at the end of the interview, along with where he seems to be in his performance, all indicate this to me. my second guess would be entp.

what's his enneagram?

I know this topic is a little old, but maybe I can answer your question.

I read other forums that Roger Waters is a four with a very strong five wing, so he's enneagram is 4w5.
Some peopel think, he's 1 or 8, but in certain situations 4 behaves 1 or 5 behaves 8. So the statement, that he's 4w5 looks correct.

What do you think about it?

(Sorry if my English is bad.)

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
David Gilmour: ISFP 9w8, possibly sp/sx

Why? He is all about sound. He lives and breathes pickups, amps, speakers, cables, strings, effects, etc. He's generally very quiet and laid back. He'd be the first to tell you that lyrics aren't his strong point, and he's not much of a talker. When he really wants to express himself, he uses and instrument of some sort (he doesn't just play the guitar). When does write lyrics they are usually very concrete and straight forward. He wrote this as a birthday prersent for his wife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcJgdIfAX8

Roger Waters: INTJ 4-5-8 tritype sp/sx

Why? The 4-5-8 tritype description sounds just like him. He's never been very sociable. Everyone agrees he's a NT. He's pretty much always been extremely anal and demanding. He's notorious for being a tyrant and a perfectionist. He usually has a clear vision of what he wants and if your performance doesn't live up to his expectations, you are going to get an earfull.

Richard Wright: ISFP 9w1 sp/so

Why? He mostly just wanted to make music. He didn't want attention or to be involved in conflict. David Gilmour would sometimes push back hard when Roger got too demanding, whereas Richard Wright was usually a doormat.

Nick Mason: XSTP 6w7

Syd Barrett: INFP

sprint race

Nick Mason seems INTP to me - comes across as inferior fe, but i think INTP is more likely than ISTP

sprint race

I think Dave Gilmour and Rick Wright are very likely to be the same type based on how well they got on, and how much they were on the same wavelength - i think they're both ISFP.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Roger Waters - INTJ 6w5 (He is heady af and 6w5 intuitives don't tend to fit the SJ 6 stereotypes.)
David Gilmour - ISFP 9w1 (He may be a sx first 9w1 since they tend to come off as intuitive to people.)
Syd Barrett - INFP 4w5 (Clear-cut imo.)
Who cares about the other guy.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who wrote the music?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My guess is whoever wrote all that stuff is a creative genius. Maybe an infj.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just thought I'd chime in here. Syd Barrett was the songwriter/composer for the band's early work (pre-1968) before his infamous departure and replacement with David Gilmour. Then I believe it was primarily Roger Waters, though Gilmour and Wright contributed to a lot of songs, too.