• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yanny/Laurel dichotomy

Yanny or Laurel?

• I'm a sensor and hear Yanny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

essthetic

My theory is that sensors hear "Laurel" (what is) first, intuitives hear Yanny (what is underneath). 🤔

Discuss.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
when i listened to it at first, i only heard yanny and thought the laurel people were trolling me. now i can only hear laurel!!!! i feel like an insane person.

it's the blue/black (NOT white/gold) dress all over again!!!

Lark

when i listened to it at first, i only heard yanny and thought the laurel people were trolling me. now i can only hear laurel!!!! i feel like an insane person.

it's the blue/black (NOT white/gold) dress all over again!!!

Just another glitch in the matrix

essthetic

[MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] That happened to me too! And I saw blue/black first also..

Jaguar

I heard Yanny. Some are theorizing it has to do with sound frequencies picked up by the brain.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Just more memes.
Who.The.Hell.Cares?

essthetic

Just more memes.
Who.The.Hell.Cares?

we care so you don't have to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

I heard Yanny. Some are theorizing it has to do with sound frequencies picked up by the brain.

Yeah I heard that too. But my dad is older and has hearing issues so according to those theories he should hear Laurel. but all he heard was Yanny. :shrug:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I don't think it's type related! More related to sound frequencies than abstract type concepts. (I can only hear Yanny.)

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is worse than the Blue/Black v White/Gold meme, ugh.

It's laurel. I have not earthly idea how people are hearing yanny.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I can only hear laurel no matter how long I listen to it

essthetic

Oh shit!! Just started playing with the sound frequency and now I can hear both interchangeably.

Interestingly enough, I played it for my Mom and she hears "Larry".

:D haha I literally thought Laurels were lying for a good part of the day

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heard both. Original heard Yanny until I focused on Laurel and then it just switched.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

This is an interesting tool, but I'm afraid I don't entirely get it. I only hear "Yanny" when the sound is incredibly distorted at the very far end of the scale for the tool.

But the clip does not sound like this. I'm sure a lot of sounds can be made to sound different when you electronically alter them using things like this tool. But the base clip without further alteration is "Laurel" and it has been confirmed to actually be this word.

I dunno. I guess I just understood the dress thing because colors can easily appear different in different lighting environments. But here, unless you are distorting the clip yourself, I don't understand why I am supposed to hear something different.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It’s laurel and actually has been scientifically to be proven as laurel. Case closed

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hear both at the same time with Laurel as the dominant overtone and Yanny underneath and in between as it were. Yanny is in the Upside Down. :ohmy:

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can hear both? when one of my friends showed it to me, I initially heard "yanny" and continued to for a solid minute of listening to it but if you say "laurel" a few times in a row while listening to it, it becomes "laurel"

Lark

My theory is that sensors hear "Laurel" (what is) first, intuitives hear Yanny (what is underneath). 🤔

Discuss.

I think that this Laurel business is the cake.

And the cake is a lie.

The recording says yanny and that's all it can and ever will say is yanny.