• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yanny/Laurel dichotomy

Yanny or Laurel?

• I'm a sensor and hear Yanny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lark

I heard Yanny. Some are theorizing it has to do with sound frequencies picked up by the brain.

I think its an experiment to see how suggestible the population at large is, play them something and tell them that they are or can or should hear something other than what's there and see who decides, aye, they can hear that, dont be fooled, you're not liable to be but all the same.

Lark

Just more memes.
Who.The.Hell.Cares?

The illuminati mofo, that's who!!

They our representing their cold blooded lizardy selves and their owl god craic with the funny insanity triggering memes online.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry, I heard "Yanny" even when I really tried to pick up on "Laurel" - it just wasn't audible (to me).

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I read that the difference is due to age and then people began reporting that Yanny turned into Laurel at the end of the day. Weird.

I heard Yanny until about the 20th time. Then it was all Laurel, then Yaurel, then Yerry and now the sound makes me sick. It might be similar to the Brainstorm v Green Needle question. Whatever you hear is whatever was on your mind last.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Total yanni. I can't understand how anyone could hear anything else. I tried to hear laurel but was unable to

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Clearly laurel. Interesting sound processing issue.

Had to look this up because I've never heard of it. Anyway, I only heard Laurel. How the hell does anyone hear Yanny from that?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've listened at least 3 times and I've heard laurel very clearly

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Some think it's about frequencies huh?
*Siiiiigh* I might listen then. I can hear well above normal human range.

but first let me go boil some water so I can scrub the dirt of memeing like a tool off of me.

Edit: yep. Sounded very specifically like one of them. Not saying which because I refuse to get into a stupid debate over something clearly subjective.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your theory is wrong... i hear laurel... it has more to do with your hearing range than your personality...

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your theory is wrong... i hear laurel... it has more to do with your hearing range than your personality...

yeah, i am not even sure how personality type figures in.

unless you configure for the people so lost in their own heads they can't hear a sound. :)

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I heard yanny and I'm an intuitive.

To quote my ISFP friend "I just can't seem to find any N's in there at all."

There's probably not a correlation. It is like the dress all over again. For that one, I could see both colors depending on how I adjusted my screen, angle of viewing, and brightness. Regardless, I most commonly saw the white and gold.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I heard yanny and I'm an intuitive. To quote my ISFP friend "I just can't seem to find any N's in there at all." There's probably not a correlation. It is like the dress all over again. For that one, I could see both colors depending on how I adjusted my screen, angle of viewing, and brightness. Regardless, I most commonly saw the white and gold.
update: now I can hear laurel

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
My mom hears Yanny. My dad heard Yanny today but Laurel yesterday. I ONLY hear Laurel.

I think the Yanny people are just full of it. Its all a conspiracy. Final answer

Yeah this makes way more sense. My mom and brother are both SJs and clearly hear Yanny

essthetic

I think I'm mostly thinking about how we process and take information differently and cognitive functions. I don't know if there is really a correlation. Just a thought I had.

- - - Updated - - -

Supposedly if you have hearing issues and are older you'll hear Laurel first, but my dad has both qualities and heard only Yanny until we messed with the frequencies.
I dunno