• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Infinity war

Iamboromir

Avengers infinity war types?
Also i know some have been typed in the past but for those of you who have seen it do you think there still the same type or different this time around?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would say they're the same, though the darker situation pushes them to focus on less preferred functions. Thanos ENTJ

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
Tony Stark - ENTP
Steve Rogers - ISFP
Thanos - INTJ
Spider-Man - INTP
Doctor Strange - ENTJ
Thor - ESFP
Bruce Banner - INTP Hulk - ISFP
Black Widow - ISTJ
Falcon - ENFP
War Machine - ESFJ
Peter Quill - ENFP
Gamora - ISTP
Rocket - ENTJ
Groot - ISFP
Drax - ESTP
Mantis - INFP
Black Panther - INTJ
Bucky Barnes - ESFJ
Okoye - ESTJ
Shuri - ENTP
Scarlet Witch - INFP
Vision - INFJ
Wong - INTP
Loki - ENFJ
Heimdall - ISFP
Thunderbolt Ross - ESTJ
Ebony Maw - INFJ
Nick Fury - ISTP
Maria Hill - ESTJ
Red Skull - ENTJ
Eitri - ISTP
Nebula - ISFJ
Pepper Potts - ISTJ
The Collector - ISTP
M'Baku - ESTJ
Ned Leeds - ENTP

Probabilist

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Ok here are types i'm completely sure about , beware of Spoilers :

Iron Man : ENTP , in his first movie he seems to show Se , but that is actually because of his last Si and his traumatic past.

Dr Strange : INTJ , there have been many types proposed for Strange , but they are mostly based on stereotypes , Strange's materialistic point of view prior to his journey showcase a fixed ideology and a very bad handle on the reality around him which is a last Se problem , his Te is also obvious in they way that he cares about his job and gets it done , the way he wants to keep his perfect record.

Black Panther : ISTJ Obviously :D

Bruce Banner : INTP

Thor : ESTP , Thor is all about experiencing and shaping his world view based on those experiences (last Ni) , his Ti is obvious in the way he tries to control all the emotions he felt after the loss of his people.

Captain America : ISFJ

Thanos : XNTJ , i need more evidence to determine between First Ni or First Te.

Peter Parker : ESFJ without a doubt.

Rocket : ENTJ

Vision :INFJ

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
Thor : ESTP , Thor is all about experiencing and shaping his world view based on those experiences (last Ni) , his Ti is obvious in the way he tries to control all the emotions he felt after the loss of his people.

Trying to control emotions after traumatic events doesn't really seem like a Ti characteristic. It seems more of a Fi/Te thing. I believe Thor is an ESFP, and during both this movie and Ragnarok he loops hard into Se-Te to focus on getting the job done to take revenge on those who wronged him, but is still reflective of his losses in an aux-Fi way, and shows emotions more often than not.

Probabilist

MBTI Type
ISTJ
That makes sense :) , i need to watch previous Thor movies to get a better understanding of his character :reading:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would say they're the same, though the darker situation pushes them to focus on less preferred functions. Thanos ENTJ

No. Thanos is INFP. He is a [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] eyed idealist who wanted to kill half the universe so the other half could have a better life.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
No. Thanos is INFP. He is a [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] eyed idealist who wanted to kill half the universe so the other half could have a better life.

No way, Jose. Thanos is an NTJ at any rate. He's all about chasing a singular vision with efficiency (Ni-Te). An unhealthy Fi-Ne user would be much more spontaneous and chaotic, while Thanos is always calm, collected, calculating and obsessed with balance and order, a trait akin to high Te users.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd think Thanos is INFJ. The NiSe relationship is obvious, but his plan has that tert Ti-ness to it that makes you go "why not just create more resources?" His motivations also seem to be based on outward ethics (Fe) rather than inward morals (Fi).

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was depressing he won.

He was a good villain, though.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
I'd think Thanos is INFJ. The NiSe relationship is obvious, but his plan has that tert Ti-ness to it that makes you go "why not just create more resources?" His motivations also seem to be based on outward ethics (Fe) rather than inward morals (Fi).
Creating more resources would only cause the population to eventually expand more radically. People would feel much more comfortable with having 10 kids to raise in a world with more resources and so would their kids, and all you would create is a bigger, greedier population than the previous one. In the end (and Thanos clearly sees this), the only thing that makes sense economically is to dramatically cut the population down to size.

Also, I disagree with you on him being an Fe user. He's doing it partly because of his sense of self-righteousness, which is a characteristic of an unhealthy Fi user, especially for the tert-Fi's of INTJ or ISTJ.

In conclusion, Thanos is an INTJ with self-styled morals, simply because he never once questions that his way is the right way, and never considers the alternatives from the point of view of other people (aux-Te pride). Yeah, he does have remorse for some of his actions, but he saw them as necessary, and it's clear he'd do it all over again.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yeah, but. Isn't that a really screwed up Te-dom way of going about things?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, but. Isn't that a really screwed up Te-dom way of going about things?

He got a magic glove to do it for him. Te-dominant is going to be efficient and probably cynical to boot. When he killed his adopted daughter, it almost looked like he wouldn’t do it, but his strong moral commitment to his cause overrode that.

He is a rare INFP antivillain, who was done very well.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so

Spider-Man with mary jane; estp, he gathers sensory data through and see it for what it is, he is very blunt and he comes to a coclusion on how to beat the villain. he did not get the message of great power great responsibility(inferior ni)
amazing Spider-Man- istp every play boy wanna be 6w7

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
Spider-Man with mary jane; estp, he gathers sensory data through and see it for what it is, he is very blunt and he comes to a coclusion on how to beat the villain. he did not get the message of great power great responsibility(inferior ni)
amazing Spider-Man- istp every play boy wanna be 6w7

Hell, given that description, everyone was an ESTP at some point.

Guest_1300

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I must agree. Thanos is xNTJ, probably intj if you ask me. He's totally cold and calculating, and also has trouble with his emotions, like after killing gamora. (Can we give a moment to appreciate how much Star Lord royally fucked up there?) INFPs are also more concerned about other people, whereas Thanos's goal seemed more like self-fulfillment. After all, if he had all 5 stones, he could easily have made more resources or something. He has this very sad story with an "I told you so" moment, and then seeks to prove his point regardless of cost or hypocrisy. Also, his intentions weren't bad, a trait I think is kind of common in INTJ villains.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trying to control emotions after traumatic events doesn't really seem like a Ti characteristic. It seems more of a Fi/Te thing. I believe Thor is an ESFP, and during both this movie and Ragnarok he loops hard into Se-Te to focus on getting the job done to take revenge on those who wronged him, but is still reflective of his losses in an aux-Fi way, and shows emotions more often than not.

what about inferior fe makes struggling with emotions unlikely? struggling to keep a lid on negative feelings (aka burying them) doesn't sound like a stretch to me at all... i think an intp only letting out emotion when necessary seems pretty realistic... i have no solid opinion on his type, but intp seems like a good guess...

Childhood Trauma : INTP