• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

~ Gone With The Wind ~

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Rhett is absolutely NOT an ENFP. Or ENTP, though that's less ridiculous than ENFP. What the hell? The guy's a directive, practical, in-charge scumbag. He's either ENTJ (1st choice) or ESTP (2nd choice.)

Scarlett is most likely an ESTP.

Ashley is a candy ass INFJ.

And Melanie is an insufferable Yamato Nadeshiko ISFJ

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rhett is absolutely NOT an ENFP. Or ENTP, though that's less ridiculous than ENFP. What the hell? The guy's a directive, practical, in-charge scumbag. He's either ENTJ (1st choice) or ESTP (2nd choice.)

Scarlett is most likely an ESTP.

Ashley is a candy ass INFJ.

And Melanie is an insufferable Yamato Nadeshiko ISFJ

Rhett isn't a scumbag, he's an entrepreneur. the world he lived in was tough, fast moving and vicious, so he got tougher, smarter and stronger to survive and live the way he wanted to. one can't afford to have high standards and have them reached without being strong and cunning, especially in times of war and economic ruin. ENTJ is a strong possibility, but I believe ENFP is also possible. certainly not ENTP though, he's Fi/Te, not Fe/Ti
I definitely agree on scarlett, ashley and melanie
PS: I think ESTJ fits you better than ISTP :yes: have you also considered ISTJ?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I just can't see the possibility of him being F at all. If Scarlett is ESTP, and you compare and contrast her personality with Rhett's, then he's got to also be a T of some sort (though I agree, not ENTP.)

PS: I think ESTJ fits you better than ISTP :yes: have you also considered ISTJ?

I'm almost afraid to hear your reasoning.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just can't see the possibility of him being F at all. If Scarlett is ESTP, and you compare and contrast her personality with Rhett's, then he's got to also be a T of some sort (though I agree, not ENTP.)

I'm almost afraid to hear your reasoning.

what's wrong, is my reasoning too N for you to handle :smoke:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh dear. This will not go well.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scarlett: ESTP 8w7 sp/so
Rhett: ENFP (possibly ENTJ) 8w7 sp/sx

I think these two are reversed.

Rhett is the ESTP. Not sure about Enneagram.

Scarlett is the ENFP. I agree she is an 8.

A

Anew Leaf

I think these two are reversed.

Rhett is the ESTP. Not sure about Enneagram.

Scarlett is the ENFP. I agree she is an 8.

Ashely is most definitely a wussy INFX.... and Scarlett never ever understands what the heck he is saying... all that dreamy weird NF abstract stuff that we do so well. She likes talking about the here and now, what's real, and touchable. To me it comes off as the S-N problems.

At the end of the book when Scarlett and Rhett are talking and she quotes Ashely about the Grecian urn thing. Rhett picks up on this - like yes! she gets it! and then finds out she is quoting ashley and sinks back into oh yeah this is why I am leaving.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ashely is most definitely a wussy INFX.... and Scarlett never ever understands what the heck he is saying... all that dreamy weird NF abstract stuff that we do so well. She likes talking about the here and now, what's real, and touchable. To me it comes off as the S-N problems.

At the end of the book when Scarlett and Rhett are talking and she quotes Ashely about the Grecian urn thing. Rhett picks up on this - like yes! she gets it! and then finds out she is quoting ashley and sinks back into oh yeah this is why I am leaving.

Ashly seems like an INFP to me. There is a pretty big difference between INFPs and ENFPs.

Scarlet seems like the ENFP who has really ratcheted up Te. Te combined with that Enneagram 8.

I don't see how Rhett is an Fi user.

Melanie very much seems like ISFJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ashly seems like an INFP to me. There is a pretty big difference between INFPs and ENFPs.

Scarlet seems like the ENFP who has really ratcheted up Te. Te combined with that Enneagram 8.

I don't see how Rhett is an Fi user.

Melanie very much seems like ISFJ.

actually ENFPs and INFPs are very similar, that's one reason I think Ashley is INFJ and not INFP (although INFP isn't impossible). also, my dad is an INFJ (and a 5 like Ashley) and he is so much like Ashley . Scarlett on the other hand I can't decide between 8w7 or 7w8. her main desires are those of 7 (comfort, luxury, high standard of living) and an 8 (power, autonomy). the first 2-3 times I watched Gone With the Wind, I thought "wow, she's a bitch, I hate her" but after watching it again it became clear that I was just projecting :laugh:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scarlett is definitely an S, going by the book, and an ST at that, she's pretty callous at times, so she's no F.
Melinae, and Ashley are N (I can pull out quotes from the book, but I'm too tired tonight,) and as much as I hate to admit it they are probably both INFP in my opinion, although Melanie has decidedly more back bone than her husband.
Rhett is an N, he had said that Ashley and himself actually had view points in common in the book. I lean toward ENTP myself, but ENTJ works too, I just see more Fe at work behind the scenes than Fi (i.e. trying to win over the confederate families for his daughter Bonnie's sake. If you've read the book, you'll see what I mean.)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Scarlett is an ESTJ, I see Te/Fi balance with her. She navigates between a silly and irrational drama queen and an obsessive control freak. She's too much concerned about conventions to be ESFP though. So, ESTJ. She has the Cordelia Chase syndrom.

Scarlett: ESTJ 3w4 Sx/So
Rhett: ENTJ 8w7 Sx/Sp

That's it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Scarlett is an ESTJ, I see Te/Fi balance with her. She navigates between a silly and irrational drama queen and an obsessive control freak. She's too much concerned about conventions to be ESFP though. So, ESTJ. She has the Cordelia Chase syndrom.

Scarlett: ESTJ 3w4 Sx/So
Rhett: ENTJ 8w7 Sx/Sp

That's it.

Rhett, yes.
Scarlett, NOOOOO! Scarlet is not SJ at all. she doesn't care at all about rules, traditions, social conventions or service. she's also self preservation to the core. she is going to survive and get what she wants. I don't see anything sx about her at all either and she only has a few 3-ish moments. 7 with a vicious 8 wing makes more sense. the times where she trully get's angry are when she isn't able to get what she wants. what scarlett really wants is money, power and luxury. when she's stressed, she becomes angry, critical, serious and hard nosed like a 1. I think she's ESTP 7w8 sp/so
PS: Mammy is ESTJ, if you compare the 2, they are extremely different

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An FP also wouldn't do something stupid like tell a whole room of Southerners why the Confederacy will lose the war, solely because he's right on the technical merits. That's absolutely an ENTP thing to do, as is joining the Confederate army regardless.

Finally, "Cheer up. Maybe you'll have an accident."

Dude, I've done the equivalent of that - for SURE - especially when I'm pissed/think people are being retarded. And when I'm irked, I say ironic/sarcastic things like that. ENFP =/= Fe.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rhett, yes.
Scarlett, NOOOOO! Scarlet is not SJ at all. she doesn't care at all about rules, traditions, social conventions

Are you kidding with me? We've ever said how much she care aout conventions.

or service.

She was a nurse, and devoted to her family.

she's also self preservation to the core. she is going to survive and get what she wants.

She care about survival and self-preservation only on extreme conditions, wich is a typycal self-pres last thing.

I don't see anything sx about her

Have you really watched the movie? Or even read the thread?

at all either and she only has a few 3-ish moments. 7 with a vicious 8 wing makes more sense. the times where she trully get's angry are when she isn't able to get what she wants.

Typycal 3 thing. Other than that, she is a typycal 3 whi set goals and reach them, she is very calculator, but have not issue with fear or escaping in alternatives options like 7s do.

what scarlett really wants is money, power and luxury.

As most part of Sx/So. Sp/So 7 want conforts, security and pleasant safety.

when she's stressed, she becomes angry, critical, serious and hard nosed like a 1.

So, every time a person is angry, critical and serious, it is a connection to 1?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Dude, I've done the equivalent of that - for SURE - especially when I'm pissed/think people are being retarded. And when I'm irked, I say ironic/sarcastic things like that. ENFP =/= Fe.

Rhett's also a mid-19th Century Southern man, dealing with social conventions that are very different from the ones we know. It's not necessarily what he said, but that he also fulfilled his social responsibility by joining the Army in spite of thinking it's a lost cause.

Borrowing from Beebe, this is where we look at oppositional archetypes - i.e., the shadow: both share the Ni opposing personality, but it's the use of Te in the Senex position that's telling here - it's about a war, and not in the Fe world of social interactions.

The important part about the miscarriage remark is what it responds to - Scarlett threatens his sense of social acceptance (i.e. the Puer tertiary Fe, "no woman would want a child of yours").

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There absolutely, positively, no way IN HELL that Scarlett is ENFP.

She is also not an SJ. When she mentions her reputation, she's merely saying that a) she doesn't want to deal with people when it would be easier not to and b) trying to manipulate Rhett into leaving her alone. Think about the time she's living in! That answer would satisfy almost anyone else except an ENxx 8.

I still think he's an ENTJ character, and whoever said that he seems more F in the movie because of Clark Gable was brilliant.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ. ESTJs don't want to deal with people either because they are thinkers.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Scarlett is an ESTJ, I see Te/Fi balance with her. She navigates between a silly and irrational drama queen

Easily Se-Fe.

and an obsessive control freak.

Se-Fe manipulation & Ti precision/tactic.

--------

Based on the novel...

Scarlett - ESTP (how can she really be typed as anything else?)

Rhett - ENTJ, maybe ENTP...in the novel he downplays anything good he does, any of his noble intentions, which strikes me more as Fi than Fe. He's more calculating than spontaneous, more sardonic than silly. Seems more NJ than NP. As a side note, the way he speaks to Scarlett reminds me of Mr. Rochester in Jane Eyre (another ENTJ).

Melanie - ISFJ
Ashley - INFJ

Mammy: ESTJ
Mr. O'Hara: ESFP
Charles Hamilton: ESFJ
Frank Kennedy - ISFJ
Belle Watling - ESFP, maybe ESTP
Suellen - ESFJ
Careen - ISFP
Aunt Pittypat - ESFJ

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not convinced. But what I retain from your post is that I can be a silly and irrational drama queen because I have Se and Fe and an obsessive control freak because I have Se, Fe and Ti. And I like that. :laugh: