• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

~ Gone With The Wind ~

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gone with the Wind

Scarlett: ESTP 8w7 sp/so
Rhett: ENFP (possibly ENTJ) 8w7 sp/sx
Melanie: ISFJ 2w3 sx/so
Ashley: INFJ 5w4 sx/sp
Mammy: ESTJ 1w2 so/sx
Mr. O'Hara: ENTP 7w6 so/sx
Mrs. O'Hara: ISTJ 1w9 so/sp
Charles Hamilton: ENFJ 6w7 so/sx
PS: this is based on the movie, haven't read the book

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scarlett: 3w4 Sx/So
Rhett: 8w7 Sx/Sp
Mr O'Hara: 7w8 Sp/So

Don't remember the rest, but globally, your list sucks.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Scarlett: 3w4 Sx/So
Rhett: 8w7 Sx/Sp

Don't remember the rest, but globally, your list sucks.

I don't think Scarlett is a 3. she really doesn't give a damn what other people think about her. what scarlett wants is money and power, not prestige or achievement. 5 also makes a lot more sense as her stress. she's a caniving bitch when she doesn't get her way, although she much prefers to be direct and simply take things like an 8. I could see her being a 7, but I just don't see 3

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She does give a damn about what other people think, especially in one-to-one relationship where she is extremely dependant, she just don't listen what her slaves say, that means she's not 3 for you?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I don't see her as an eight.

She's strong, and I think she possibly might be ESFP rather than ESTP...I see tertiary Te in her.

But not eight...too...hmmm...like Speed said, she hangs all over Ashley, trying to get him to love her, and she does kind of make a presentation of acting "proper" when she donates her wedding ring when Melanie does.

Too emotional to be an 8.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't get that she only wants money and power, either. First she wants Ashley. Then she wants to save Tara, her freakin' homeland.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you make good points, particularly the teritary Te :yes: but being emotional doesn't mean not 8. 8s are very vulnerable inside, a fact which scarlett tries to hide, and usually succeeds, except with Rhett. Scarlett is dependent to an extent, but what makes me think 8 is how hard she tries to break this dependence. perhaps I'm wrong though.
PS: I don't see Mr. O'Hara as w8 either. he's much too nervous and cerebral.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember that scene, it was something like:

Scarlett (3) "but what about my repoutation?"
Rhett (8) "if you live a good life, you don't need a reputation" (when he invites her to dance while she's dressing in black for mourning)

Everything is said, the Type 8 character who naturally don't give a damn about reputation is Rhett, Scarlett is a 3 at the contrary.

I think Scarlett is an ESFP, Vivien Leigh was ESFP also, but 4w3 Sx/So. Rhett might be ENTJ, Mr O'Hara ESTJ, either Sp/So or So/Sp, but clearly Sx-last.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember that scene, it was something like:

Scarlett (3) "but what about my repoutation?"
Rhett (8) "if you live a good life, you don't need a reputation" (when he invites her to dance while she's dressing in black for mourning)

Everything is said, the Type 8 character who naturally don't give a damn about reputation is Rhett, Scarlett is a 3 at the contrary.

I think Scarlett is an ESFP, Vivien Leigh was ESFP also, but 4w3 Sx/So. Rhett might be ENTJ, Mr O'Hara ESTJ, either Sp/So or So/Sp, but clearly Sx-last.

I see ENFP more for Rhett. overall, he's a pretty rational guy, but he does struggle a lot with his emotions and I see massive amounts of Fi in him, even though to most people it probably goes unnoticed. I don't know why rhett thinks that scarlett is like him because she's not. rhett deep down inside is extremely caring and affectionate. he grows to hate scarlett the more of her real personality he sees. he's offended by her lack of concern and her horrible parenting (while he on the other hand tries very hard to be a good father, even if he does end up spoiling his child) in a very Fi-ish sort of way. his Te comes out in a more teritary. like many ENFPs (self included) Rhett becomes extremely formal and much more commanding when under large amounts of stress, despite his healthier personality which is much more friendly (albeit mavericky, disagreeable, unconventional and choleric). ENTJ is possible, especially as many ENTJs have sentimental streaks, but Fi seems far to ever present in Rhett for ENTJ to be likely.
PS: those 2 quotes are probably the most vivid difference I've seen between type 3 and type 8. you've convinced me that scarlett is a 3 and definitely not an 8.

A

Anew Leaf

Melanie: INFX
Ashley: INFX

Scarlet: ESTP
Rhett: EXTP

Scarlett may not be the nicest character ever created... But I don't think she deserves the label conniving bitch. She does a ton for other people, like saving their lives. Her problem is that she is nothing like what the society at this time wants here to be. Ie they want her to be a genteel SJ type and instead she's a firey SP.

Ashley should have manned up instead of being a wuss.

Rhett tells her that they are the same and thats why they are meant for each other. I could see him being either an Stp like her or even a ENTP out for adventure.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Melanie: INFX
Ashley: INFX

Scarlet: ESTP
Rhett: EXTP

Scarlett may not be the nicest character ever created... But I don't think she deserves the label conniving bitch. She does a ton for other people, like saving their lives. Her problem is that she is nothing like what the society at this time wants here to be. Ie they want her to be a genteel SJ type and instead she's a firey SP.

Ashley should have manned up instead of being a wuss.

Rhett tells her that they are the same and thats why they are meant for each other. I could see him being either an Stp like her or even a ENTP out for adventure.

I disagree. rhett says he and scarlet are similar because they're both enterprising and unconventional. I see him as FP more than TP. Fi/Te is much more intense, passionate and individualist than Fe/Ti. his actions and communication style clearly point to over extended Te in my opinion

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I disagree. rhett says he and scarlet are similar because they're both enterprising and unconventional. I see him as FP more than TP. Fi/Te is much more intense, passionate and individualist than Fe/Ti. his actions and communication style clearly point to over extended Te in my opinion

An FP also wouldn't do something stupid like tell a whole room of Southerners why the Confederacy will lose the war, solely because he's right on the technical merits. That's absolutely an ENTP thing to do, as is joining the Confederate army regardless.

Finally, "Cheer up. Maybe you'll have an accident."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An FP also wouldn't do something stupid like tell a whole room of Southerners why the Confederacy will lose the war, solely because he's right on the technical merits. That's absolutely an ENTP thing to do, as is joining the Confederate army regardless.

Finally, "Cheer up. Maybe you'll have an accident."

an ENFP 8 would totally do something like that (I say stuff like that to people all the time). an FJ probably would not say something like that as they're big on social harmony and feelings, but a gutsy FP would if they felt everyone was being an idiot, especially an ENFP (we are N doms after all, and seeing people who are that ignorant is extremely annoying to us). doing the right thing > caring about people's feelings for FPs
"Cheer up, maybe you'll have an accident" sounds more like something a pissed off F would say to me, but I don't think that line is a great indicator.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
an ENFP 8 would totally do something like that (I say stuff like that to people all the time). an FJ probably would not say something like that as they're big on social harmony and feelings, but a gutsy FP would if they felt everyone was being an idiot, especially an ENFP (we are N doms after all, and seeing people who are that ignorant is extremely annoying to us). doing the right thing > caring about people's feelings for FPs
"Cheer up, maybe you'll have an accident" sounds more like something a pissed off F would say to me, but I don't think that line is a great indicator.

He was talking about the miscarriage of their unwanted, unborn child. Rhett didn't say that line as part of a shouting argument; he made it as a cold, calculated, flippant remark specifically because it would hurt Scarlett the most. That's Fe at work there. ENFP sarcasm retains a bit of playfulness, even at its worst. ENTP sarcasm is always far more vicious, and willing to outrage gentle sensibilities.

Finally, look at the ending scene. Rhett's not giving Scarlett Fi reactions of "this hurts me as much as it does you, but I have to do this," he's giving her Fe reactions of the door slam, and the utter disregard for her well-being. She's burned him one too many times, and he's no longer going to chase after a dream. He's going to engage her for the first time in the movie as she is, and it turns out, he really doesn't like that person one bit.

A

Anew Leaf

Yeah... He sounds more ENTP when you point out those scenes. Especially the whole. The south will lose the war thing.

The ending seems pure nt cutting his losses after a major error (to him) in judgement and reasoning.

I know that you have had it your forum's ambition to fit "bad ass" somewhere in your personality profile, but rhett isn't the way to do it. :)

Also trying to claim that the "humor" of "cheer up. Maybe you will have a miscarriage." iS somehow acceptable... Is extremely childish. No one should be proud of treating another human being that. I don't care what personality type you are.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He was talking about the miscarriage of their unwanted, unborn child. Rhett didn't say that line as part of a shouting argument; he made it as a cold, calculated, flippant remark specifically because it would hurt Scarlett the most. That's Fe at work there. ENFP sarcasm retains a bit of playfulness, even at its worst. ENTP sarcasm is always far more vicious, and willing to outrage gentle sensibilities.

Finally, look at the ending scene. Rhett's not giving Scarlett Fi reactions of "this hurts me as much as it does you, but I have to do this," he's giving her Fe reactions of the door slam, and the utter disregard for her well-being. She's burned him one too many times, and he's no longer going to chase after a dream. He's going to engage her for the first time in the movie as she is, and it turns out, he really doesn't like that person one bit.

the opposite. ENFPs under stress turn into calculating, cold, formal little TJs just like Rhett did. ENTPs under stress get more temperamental. the Fi reactions you're describing are really Fe. Fe is the function that deals with people's emotions, social rituals, and empathy. Fi really deals very little with people. it's about values, convictions, artistic appreciation and subjective analysis. Fi does bond with people, but it's not really an "emotional" bond so to speak (I really don't know how to explain it actually)
bold: further evidence for ENFP in that he idealizes her and fails to see her true colors until the end of the movie.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Yeah... He sounds more ENTP when you point out those scenes. Especially the whole. The south will lose the war thing.

The ending seems pure nt cutting his losses after a major error (to him) in judgement and reasoning.

I know that you have had it your forum's ambition to fit "bad ass" somewhere in your personality profile, but rhett isn't the way to do it. :)

Also trying to claim that the "humor" of "cheer up. Maybe you will have a miscarriage." iS somehow acceptable... Is extremely childish. No one should be proud of treating another human being that. I don't care what personality type you are.

It's an incredibly ugly thing to say to someone, even if you can't stand them.

Further evidence (particularly from the book): Professional gambler at the start of the story. The first thing Rhett says to Scarlett is complementing her for acting in an unladylike fashion. He's an absolute polymath. Rhett consistently gets out of the messes he gets himself into through his roguish charm. After the war breaks out, Rhett's first move isn't into the army - it's to exploit the Union blockade for financial gain through blockade running. After the war, instead of standing with the rest of the defeated Southerners, he works with the carpetbaggers so as to make more cash. He's always two steps ahead of Scarlett, which can be said of no other character in the story.

In fact, he may be the most complete portrait of an ENTP character, for good and for bad, that I've seen. If people think he's a feeler, they might be confusing the character for Clark Gable, who almost certainly is.

the opposite. ENFPs under stress turn into calculating, cold, formal little TJs just like Rhett did. ENTPs under stress get more temperamental. the Fi reactions you're describing are really Fe. Fe is the function that deals with people's emotions, social rituals, and empathy. Fi really deals very little with people. it's about values, convictions, artistic appreciation and subjective analysis. Fi does bond with people, but it's not really an "emotional" bond so to speak (I really don't know how to explain it actually)
bold: further evidence for ENFP in that he idealizes her and fails to see her true colors until the end of the movie.

This runs contrary to pretty much everything the other ENFPs on the site have stated.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's an incredibly ugly thing to say to someone, even if you can't stand them.

Further evidence (particularly from the book): Professional gambler at the start of the story. The first thing Rhett says to Scarlett is complementing her for acting in an unladylike fashion. He's an absolute polymath. Rhett consistently gets out of the messes he gets himself into through his roguish charm. After the war breaks out, Rhett's first move isn't into the army - it's to exploit the Union blockade for financial gain through blockade running. After the war, instead of standing with the rest of the defeated Southerners, he works with the carpetbaggers so as to make more cash. He's always two steps ahead of Scarlett, which can be said of no other character in the story.

In fact, he may be the most complete portrait of an ENTP character, for good and for bad, that I've seen. If people think he's a feeler, they might be confusing the character for Clark Gable, who almost certainly is.

This runs contrary to pretty much everything the other ENFPs on the site have stated.

from cognitiveprocesses.com
Introverted Feeling
It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

Extraverted Feeling
The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

like I said, Fi frankly doesn't give a damn about sugar coating its message to tailor to people's inability to accept the truth. tons of ENFPs would say the things that Rhett did in his position. the stereotype that all feelers are people pleasing make everything personal is as erroneous as the myth that thinkers don't have emotions. notice the differences between Scarlett and Rhett under stress if you want more evidence. Rhett gets more Te (cold, rational, formal) and Scarlett gets more Fe (temperamental, emotional, manipulative, guilt tripping). as opposed to Rhett when healthy (who is surprisingly warm and affectionate)
PS: pun intended :laugh:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along.

All of which Rhett displays prominently throughout the story. He's an excellent reader of people. He immediately turns the charm on if others' reactions suggest that he's gone too far. He cares for Scarlett's children far more than she does.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Scarlett: ESTP

I think she can come off as an F more because of what society has pushed at her since the day she was born more than from her personal preference.

Rhett: ENTJ... I could see ENFP but I don't think so for some reason...

Melanie: ISFJ

Ashley: INFJ