User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 14

  1. #1
    Member Sh*ttyKarmaKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/7
    Posts
    65

    Default Overwatch characters

    Ana - ISFJ ("Children, behave.")
    Bastion - ISFP (Debatable because he's AI, and not programmed to have a personality)
    D. Va - ESTP ("I play to win!")
    Doomfist - INTJ (Might be confused for a SP because of his love for combat, but tie-in comics and his overall temperament paint him more as a man with a vision)
    Genji - ISFP
    Hanzo - ISTJ
    Junkrat - ENTP (A classic unhealthy example, a la Rick Sanchez and Deadpool)
    Lucio - ESFP
    McCree - ESTP ("I'm the quick, you're the dead.")
    Mei - INFJ ("Our world is worth fighting for")
    Mercy - ENFJ ("I will watch over you.")
    Moira - INTP
    Orisa - ISFJ (Actually programmed with a personality, unlike Bastion, her Si-dom is visible in her obsession with her programming)
    Pharah - ISTJ
    Reaper - ISFP (Probably the most complicated to type, and most would argue ISTP, but his main motivation seems to stem from Fi)
    Reinhardt - ESFP
    Roadhog - ISTP (Probably pretty much the only clean-cut example of one in the game)
    Soldier: 76 - ENTJ (A rare heroic example)
    Sombra - ENTP ("Anything can be hacked.")
    Symmetra -INTJ (Which explains why she's so often shipped with Junkrat, their personalities are most compatible with each other, and they represent order and chaos)
    Torbjorn - ESTJ (Of the racist grandpa variety)
    Tracer - ENFP ("A world could always use more heroes." Aaand now, I'm starting to ship her with Mei.)
    Widowmaker - ISFP (Hard to type, actually, seeing as how she is brainwashed)
    Winston - INTP
    Zarya - ESFJ ("Together, we are strong!")
    Zenyatta -INFP
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

  2. #2
    Member SigmaEnigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    97

    Default

    For the ones I have an opinion on:

    Bastion - ISFP
    D. Va - ESFP
    Genji - ESFP
    Hanzo - ISTJ
    Junkrat - ExTP
    Lucio - ESFP
    McCree - ISTP
    Mercy - ENFJ
    Pharah - ISTJ
    Reaper - ISFP
    Reinhardt - ESFJ
    Soldier 76 - ENTJ
    Symmetra - INTJ
    Tracer - ESFP
    Zenyatta - INFJ

  3. #3
    Member Sh*ttyKarmaKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/7
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Most of the changes you've made from mine are reasonable, while still debatable, but Reinhardt is pretty much characterized as in-the-moment kind of guy (Dom-Se), and his sense of loyalty is motivated by Aux-Fi, rather than Dom-Fe of an ESFJ. His ESFP-ness is probably most obvious in his animated short Honor and Glory.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh*ttyKarmaKid View Post
    Most of the changes you've made from mine are reasonable, while still debatable, but Reinhardt is pretty much characterized as in-the-moment kind of guy (Dom-Se), and his sense of loyalty is motivated by Aux-Fi, rather than Dom-Fe of an ESFJ. His ESFP-ness is probably most obvious in his animated short Honor and Glory.
    I'd disagree. Reinhardt definitely stands out as an ESFJ to me. His Fe really stands out because not only does he want to be a Crusader, but he wants all the glory and recognition that comes with the title. I think his sense of duty and honor is more attributed to Si and patriotism. His lack of thinking things through could also be attributed to his immature Ti.
    ~Spec

  5. #5
    Member Sh*ttyKarmaKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/7
    Posts
    65

    Default

    I'd attribute his lack of thinking things through more as his immature Ni. Also, said lack of thinking things through and not being plan-oriented is more attributed to an SP than an SJ.

  6. #6
    Member Sh*ttyKarmaKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/7
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Introspector View Post
    His lack of thinking things through could also be attributed to his immature Ti.
    Also, it should be noted that immature Ti doesn't imply a lack of thinking things through, but rather a reluctance to applying logical objectiveness (especially when it comes to people), and also a lower interest in theoretical principles.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    561

    Default

    I actually started playing the game. Some fun stuff. I'll type as many characters as I can. I'm not going to go in-depth but I'll answer questions.

    Ana: ISFJ
    Bastion: ISFP (though he does seem to have some Ti)
    D.Va: ESTP
    Doomfist: ENFJ?
    Genji: ISFP
    Hanzo: ISTJ
    Junkrat: ENTP, maybe S
    Lucio: ESFP
    McCree: XSTP, leaning E
    Mei: INFJ most likely, I could see an argument for ISFJ
    Mercy: ENFJ
    Moira: INTP, maybe E
    Orisa: ISFJ
    Pharah: ISTJ
    Reaper: ISFP
    Reinhardt: ESFX (he just still vibes so ESFJ)
    Roadhog: ISTP
    Soldier: 76: ESTJ
    Sombra: She acts ENTP though her inner motives suggest more INTJ
    Symmetra: INTJ, maybe S (definitely a 1w9)
    Torbjorn: ESTJ
    Tracer: ENFP, maybe S
    Widowmaker: ISTP but could see INTJ
    Winston: ENFJ
    Zarya: ESXJ
    Zenyatta: INFJ
    ~Spec

  8. #8
    Member Sh*ttyKarmaKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/7
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Introspector View Post
    I actually started playing the game. Some fun stuff. I'll type as many characters as I can. I'm not going to go in-depth but I'll answer questions.

    Ana: ISFJ
    Bastion: ISFP (though he does seem to have some Ti)
    D.Va: ESTP
    Doomfist: ENFJ?
    Genji: ISFP
    Hanzo: ISTJ
    Junkrat: ENTP, maybe S
    Lucio: ESFP
    McCree: XSTP, leaning E
    Mei: INFJ most likely, I could see an argument for ISFJ
    Mercy: ENFJ
    Moira: INTP, maybe E
    Orisa: ISFJ
    Pharah: ISTJ
    Reaper: ISFP
    Reinhardt: ESFX (he just still vibes so ESFJ)
    Roadhog: ISTP
    Soldier: 76: ESTJ
    Sombra: She acts ENTP though her inner motives suggest more INTJ
    Symmetra: INTJ, maybe S (definitely a 1w9)
    Torbjorn: ESTJ
    Tracer: ENFP, maybe S
    Widowmaker: ISTP but could see INTJ
    Winston: ENFJ
    Zarya: ESXJ
    Zenyatta: INFJ
    1. I'd like you to clarify exactly how Doomfist could be an ENFJ.
    2. Winston is definitely Ne, at any rate.
    3. While inner motives ARE usually stereotyped as an Ni/Te characteristic, they really aren't an indication of it being Sombra's true personality. I really think that she is way too spontaneous and opportunistic to be a J type.
    Likes Introspector liked this post

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh*ttyKarmaKid View Post
    1. I'd like you to clarify exactly how Doomfist could be an ENFJ.
    2. Winston is definitely Ne, at any rate.
    3. While inner motives ARE usually stereotyped as an Ni/Te characteristic, they really aren't an indication of it being Sombra's true personality. I really think that she is way too spontaneous and opportunistic to be a J type.
    I have no idea why I typed Winston as ENFJ, seems very INTP. I was in a rush I guess.

    The thing about Doomfist is that he has a big emphasis on doing things for the greater good. He wants to help people and the world in the long run, but just believes that the method of doing that is to start a war. He has very Fe motives and intentions. It's just not executed in a healthy way. I did put a question mark for a reason, though. If he's not ENFJ than he's ENTJ.

    Sombra probably isn't INTJ although I'm a little inclined to think ENFP. Seems to have some Te.

    I may do some enneagram Tritype for the characters. I generally think they're better than MBTI. The wings are generally just guesses. So far I think:
    Symmetra: 1w9-5w6-3w2
    Tracer: 7w6-9w1-3w2
    D.Va: 8w7-7w8-3w4
    Zenyatta: 9w1-2w1-5w4
    Mercy: 9w1-6w5-2w1
    Pharah: 1w2-2w1-6w7

    I'll try to figure out the others as well.
    ~Spec
    Likes Sh*ttyKarmaKid liked this post

  10. #10
    Member Sh*ttyKarmaKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/7
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Introspector View Post
    I have no idea why I typed Winston as ENFJ, seems very INTP. I was in a rush I guess.

    The thing about Doomfist is that he has a big emphasis on doing things for the greater good. He wants to help people and the world in the long run, but just believes that the method of doing that is to start a war. He has very Fe motives and intentions. It's just not executed in a healthy way. I did put a question mark for a reason, though. If he's not ENFJ than he's ENTJ.

    Sombra probably isn't INTJ although I'm a little inclined to think ENFP. Seems to have some Te.

    I may do some enneagram Tritype for the characters. I generally think they're better than MBTI. The wings are generally just guesses. So far I think:
    Symmetra: 1w9-5w6-3w2
    Tracer: 7w6-9w1-3w2
    D.Va: 8w7-7w8-3w4
    Zenyatta: 9w1-2w1-5w4
    Mercy: 9w1-6w5-2w1
    Pharah: 1w2-2w1-6w7

    I'll try to figure out the others as well.
    Doomfist actually does act in an Fe way, but I think that's more of a socially-centered Te manifestation. His motives suggest Te-Fi when you take a closer look at his backstory. He's had a promising career in martial arts, but then lost his arm during The Omnic crisis, and had to get a prosthetic, which is against the rules in tournaments, so he couldn't compete anymore. Now he's pissed off, and looking to shape the world into his own personal battleground.

    You're right about Sombra, she's definitely an ENFP in an Ne-Te loop. Her Aux-Fi is visible in her quirky behaviour, I don't think an Fe-user would act like she does, there's a certain need for individuality in the way she trolls people and calls them friends seconds after pointing an SMG at their head, not to mention blackmailing them as stating a reason why they should be friends. Sombra is essentially just an evil Tracer.
    Likes Introspector liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Pride and Prejudice Character Types
    By celesul in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-26-2021, 08:44 AM
  2. Type the Star Trek Characters
    By Dark Razor in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 11:02 AM
  3. The AD&D Character Alignment Test
    By Totenkindly in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 03:55 PM
  4. Which Lost character...?
    By Totenkindly in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 03:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO