• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Overwatch characters

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
Ana - ISFJ ("Children, behave.")
Bastion - ISFP (Debatable because he's AI, and not programmed to have a personality)
D. Va - ESTP ("I play to win!")
Doomfist - INTJ (Might be confused for a SP because of his love for combat, but tie-in comics and his overall temperament paint him more as a man with a vision)
Genji - ISFP
Hanzo - ISTJ
Junkrat - ENTP (A classic unhealthy example, a la Rick Sanchez and Deadpool)
Lucio - ESFP
McCree - ESTP ("I'm the quick, you're the dead.")
Mei - INFJ ("Our world is worth fighting for")
Mercy - ENFJ ("I will watch over you.")
Moira - INTP
Orisa - ISFJ (Actually programmed with a personality, unlike Bastion, her Si-dom is visible in her obsession with her programming)
Pharah - ISTJ
Reaper - ISFP (Probably the most complicated to type, and most would argue ISTP, but his main motivation seems to stem from Fi)
Reinhardt - ESFP
Roadhog - ISTP (Probably pretty much the only clean-cut example of one in the game)
Soldier: 76 - ENTJ (A rare heroic example)
Sombra - ENTP ("Anything can be hacked.")
Symmetra -INTJ (Which explains why she's so often shipped with Junkrat, their personalities are most compatible with each other, and they represent order and chaos)
Torbjorn - ESTJ (Of the racist grandpa variety)
Tracer - ENFP ("A world could always use more heroes." Aaand now, I'm starting to ship her with Mei.)
Widowmaker - ISFP (Hard to type, actually, seeing as how she is brainwashed)
Winston - INTP
Zarya - ESFJ ("Together, we are strong!")
Zenyatta -INFP

SigmaEnigma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the ones I have an opinion on:

Bastion - ISFP
D. Va - ESFP
Genji - ESFP
Hanzo - ISTJ
Junkrat - ExTP
Lucio - ESFP
McCree - ISTP
Mercy - ENFJ
Pharah - ISTJ
Reaper - ISFP
Reinhardt - ESFJ
Soldier 76 - ENTJ
Symmetra - INTJ
Tracer - ESFP
Zenyatta - INFJ

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
Most of the changes you've made from mine are reasonable, while still debatable, but Reinhardt is pretty much characterized as in-the-moment kind of guy (Dom-Se), and his sense of loyalty is motivated by Aux-Fi, rather than Dom-Fe of an ESFJ. His ESFP-ness is probably most obvious in his animated short Honor and Glory.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of the changes you've made from mine are reasonable, while still debatable, but Reinhardt is pretty much characterized as in-the-moment kind of guy (Dom-Se), and his sense of loyalty is motivated by Aux-Fi, rather than Dom-Fe of an ESFJ. His ESFP-ness is probably most obvious in his animated short Honor and Glory.

I'd disagree. Reinhardt definitely stands out as an ESFJ to me. His Fe really stands out because not only does he want to be a Crusader, but he wants all the glory and recognition that comes with the title. I think his sense of duty and honor is more attributed to Si and patriotism. His lack of thinking things through could also be attributed to his immature Ti.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
I'd attribute his lack of thinking things through more as his immature Ni. Also, said lack of thinking things through and not being plan-oriented is more attributed to an SP than an SJ.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
His lack of thinking things through could also be attributed to his immature Ti.

Also, it should be noted that immature Ti doesn't imply a lack of thinking things through, but rather a reluctance to applying logical objectiveness (especially when it comes to people), and also a lower interest in theoretical principles.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually started playing the game. Some fun stuff. I'll type as many characters as I can. I'm not going to go in-depth but I'll answer questions.

Ana: ISFJ
Bastion: ISFP (though he does seem to have some Ti)
D.Va: ESTP
Doomfist: ENFJ?
Genji: ISFP
Hanzo: ISTJ
Junkrat: ENTP, maybe S
Lucio: ESFP
McCree: XSTP, leaning E
Mei: INFJ most likely, I could see an argument for ISFJ
Mercy: ENFJ
Moira: INTP, maybe E
Orisa: ISFJ
Pharah: ISTJ
Reaper: ISFP
Reinhardt: ESFX (he just still vibes so ESFJ)
Roadhog: ISTP
Soldier: 76: ESTJ
Sombra: She acts ENTP though her inner motives suggest more INTJ
Symmetra: INTJ, maybe S (definitely a 1w9)
Torbjorn: ESTJ
Tracer: ENFP, maybe S
Widowmaker: ISTP but could see INTJ
Winston: ENFJ
Zarya: ESXJ
Zenyatta: INFJ

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
I actually started playing the game. Some fun stuff. I'll type as many characters as I can. I'm not going to go in-depth but I'll answer questions.

Ana: ISFJ
Bastion: ISFP (though he does seem to have some Ti)
D.Va: ESTP
Doomfist: ENFJ?
Genji: ISFP
Hanzo: ISTJ
Junkrat: ENTP, maybe S
Lucio: ESFP
McCree: XSTP, leaning E
Mei: INFJ most likely, I could see an argument for ISFJ
Mercy: ENFJ
Moira: INTP, maybe E
Orisa: ISFJ
Pharah: ISTJ
Reaper: ISFP
Reinhardt: ESFX (he just still vibes so ESFJ)
Roadhog: ISTP
Soldier: 76: ESTJ
Sombra: She acts ENTP though her inner motives suggest more INTJ
Symmetra: INTJ, maybe S (definitely a 1w9)
Torbjorn: ESTJ
Tracer: ENFP, maybe S
Widowmaker: ISTP but could see INTJ
Winston: ENFJ
Zarya: ESXJ
Zenyatta: INFJ

1. I'd like you to clarify exactly how Doomfist could be an ENFJ.
2. Winston is definitely Ne, at any rate.
3. While inner motives ARE usually stereotyped as an Ni/Te characteristic, they really aren't an indication of it being Sombra's true personality. I really think that she is way too spontaneous and opportunistic to be a J type.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. I'd like you to clarify exactly how Doomfist could be an ENFJ.
2. Winston is definitely Ne, at any rate.
3. While inner motives ARE usually stereotyped as an Ni/Te characteristic, they really aren't an indication of it being Sombra's true personality. I really think that she is way too spontaneous and opportunistic to be a J type.

I have no idea why I typed Winston as ENFJ, seems very INTP. I was in a rush I guess.

The thing about Doomfist is that he has a big emphasis on doing things for the greater good. He wants to help people and the world in the long run, but just believes that the method of doing that is to start a war. He has very Fe motives and intentions. It's just not executed in a healthy way. I did put a question mark for a reason, though. If he's not ENFJ than he's ENTJ.

Sombra probably isn't INTJ although I'm a little inclined to think ENFP. Seems to have some Te.

I may do some enneagram Tritype for the characters. I generally think they're better than MBTI. The wings are generally just guesses. So far I think:
Symmetra: 1w9-5w6-3w2
Tracer: 7w6-9w1-3w2
D.Va: 8w7-7w8-3w4
Zenyatta: 9w1-2w1-5w4
Mercy: 9w1-6w5-2w1
Pharah: 1w2-2w1-6w7

I'll try to figure out the others as well.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
I have no idea why I typed Winston as ENFJ, seems very INTP. I was in a rush I guess.

The thing about Doomfist is that he has a big emphasis on doing things for the greater good. He wants to help people and the world in the long run, but just believes that the method of doing that is to start a war. He has very Fe motives and intentions. It's just not executed in a healthy way. I did put a question mark for a reason, though. If he's not ENFJ than he's ENTJ.

Sombra probably isn't INTJ although I'm a little inclined to think ENFP. Seems to have some Te.

I may do some enneagram Tritype for the characters. I generally think they're better than MBTI. The wings are generally just guesses. So far I think:
Symmetra: 1w9-5w6-3w2
Tracer: 7w6-9w1-3w2
D.Va: 8w7-7w8-3w4
Zenyatta: 9w1-2w1-5w4
Mercy: 9w1-6w5-2w1
Pharah: 1w2-2w1-6w7

I'll try to figure out the others as well.
Doomfist actually does act in an Fe way, but I think that's more of a socially-centered Te manifestation. His motives suggest Te-Fi when you take a closer look at his backstory. He's had a promising career in martial arts, but then lost his arm during The Omnic crisis, and had to get a prosthetic, which is against the rules in tournaments, so he couldn't compete anymore. Now he's pissed off, and looking to shape the world into his own personal battleground.

You're right about Sombra, she's definitely an ENFP in an Ne-Te loop. Her Aux-Fi is visible in her quirky behaviour, I don't think an Fe-user would act like she does, there's a certain need for individuality in the way she trolls people and calls them friends seconds after pointing an SMG at their head, not to mention blackmailing them as stating a reason why they should be friends. Sombra is essentially just an evil Tracer.

pootispow

MBTI Type
INTP
How come you guys typed Moira as an INTP? Just curious. She gives off a somewhat more INTJ vibe to me, but I'm curious about your reasoning.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
How come you guys typed Moira as an INTP? Just curious. She gives off a somewhat more INTJ vibe to me, but I'm curious about your reasoning.
"Science will reveal the truth." That right there, that's Ti-Ne. Moira is primarily interested in scientific discovery (Ti). She's not one to make grand plans or implement a vision like your INTJ villain would. She's just in it for the exploration of concepts by any means necessary (unhealthy Ne).

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
Update: Brigitte - INFP
She has a fanboy approach to heroics (Ne), and is driven to prove herself to live up to her father, Reinhardt and others before her (Fi-Si).

pootispow

MBTI Type
INTP
"Science will reveal the truth." That right there, that's Ti-Ne. Moira is primarily interested in scientific discovery (Ti). She's not one to make grand plans or implement a vision like your INTJ villain would. She's just in it for the exploration of concepts by any means necessary (unhealthy Ne).

Sounds reasonable. I think the retribution event also further emphasizes this.