• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Michael Moore

LEGERdeMAIN

Some people sure seem to take it seriously to me...at least until they're shown to be wrong. Then they pretend it's all just for fun.

I think most of us realize it's just another theoretical map of unknowable territory.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ENFJ I'd guess. Obviously an extrovert. Big-picture thinking. Task-related action. Social justice causes. T/F is the most questionable though.

Good documentary filmmaker. He basically follows in the tradition of what political/social documentaries do, in that he tries to influence people towards a specific view. In his case it's left-wing populism.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Do you mean me? ;) Anyway, you've responded to the least important part of my post.
Nope, but a couple other people in this thread seem to take it at least somewhat seriously.

Do you think there is a correlation between cognitive functions and behaviour or not?
On an individual level, no, but for large groups of people, possibly.

I'd say the whole idea of MBTI-testing is based on the assumption there is a strong relation between the two (not to mention whole psychology).
This might be true for internet MBTI tests, and the like. I've never taken one given by a psychiatrist or psychologist, so I'm not speaking from experience, but I would think that they're more thorough, analyzing underlying motivations and thought processes more than just the behavior itself. If they're not, then they're bullshit, too.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I really dislike Moore. He sets a negative mood within society with his comments. For instance, I know we are all (well, most of us are) tired of Iraq, but he wasn't/isn't helping with his negative attitude.

So everyone should just be happy all the time, when there's still a lot of work to do and a ton of problems to be dealt with?

One man doesn't control the zeitgeist.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENFJ I'd guess. Obviously an extrovert. Big-picture thinking. Task-related action. Social justice causes. T/F is the most questionable though.

Good documentary filmmaker. He basically follows in the tradition of what political/social documentaries do, in that he tries to influence people towards a specific view. In his case it's left-wing populism.

I think ENFJ may be right.

He seems more Fe Ni driven than Ne Fi driven. But not by a long shot.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think he is an ENFP, and I am not afraid to say I like him.

He has a beautiful spirit, and he is a genuinely kind and thoughtful person.

I just turn my back on politics for I'd rather not get sullied in 'em.

When I think about how categorically fucked up our world order is, I want to shut down and cry.

I am a softee when it comes to documentaries made by NFPs.

I don't mind when my heartstrings get pulled, my heartstrings are there for a reason, they are the bearers of truth.

When something isn't right, it doesn't feel right.

I am proud of anyone who can draw a line in the sand and say, such and such is unequivocally and categorically wrong.

*hides*

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Am I the only one who thinks hes a total puppet.

Lets take a look at Bowling for columbine.

Starts off neutral towards guns

Guns are evil rawr rawr rawr

(Goes to Canada) Guns arnt bad

then out of nowhere GUNS ARE EVIL!

Also I have several Canadian friends, aparently they watched the section of that movie about canada in hihgh school current events as an example of media bias.

His histronic personality disorder invalidates the MBTI

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lets take a look at Bowling for columbine.
Starts off neutral towards guns
Guns are evil rawr rawr rawr
(Goes to Canada) Guns arnt bad
then out of nowhere GUNS ARE EVIL!

Err... no. Wrong conclusion. He's trying to prove that possessing arms or the US having a blood-stained history isn't the real lesson after Columbine. It's a matter of wrong mentality, education and the neoconservative government's strategy to cause fear in people.

It is oversimplified and slightly demagogue, but basically true. The main problem is that it never starts in a "neutral" way towards the subject, it starts with an assumption and ends with collecting facts that support the original idea. Conflicting data is dropped. That's why it's not a real documentary imo.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think he is an ENFP, and I am not afraid to say I like him.

He has a beautiful spirit, and he is a genuinely kind and thoughtful person.

I just turn my back on politics for I'd rather not get sullied in 'em.

When I think about how categorically fucked up our world order is, I want to shut down and cry.

I am a softee when it comes to documentaries made by NFPs.

I don't mind when my heartstrings get pulled, my heartstrings are there for a reason, they are the bearers of truth.

When something isn't right, it doesn't feel right.

I am proud of anyone who can draw a line in the sand and say, such and such is unequivocally and categorically wrong.

*hides*

FUCKIN REPRESENT.

+2

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Saw him on The View yesterday. Seems ENF-

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I can't tell if someone is an ENFP or an ESTJ, and Michael Moore is an example of one of those people.

He vibes very strongly e1 (tritype 136) to me as well, especially from the way he describes 1) his ego, and 2) his anger, in his recent interview with Marc Maron.

WTF with Marc Maron Podcast - Episode 675 - Michael Moore

Edit: I also think he is clearly social-first. He practically screams social first. I would suspect so/sp.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I can't tell if someone is an ENFP or an ESTJ, and Michael Moore is an example of one of those people.

He vibes very strongly e1 (tritype 136) to me as well, especially from the way he describes 1) his ego, and 2) his anger, in his recent interview with Marc Maron.

WTF with Marc Maron Podcast - Episode 675 - Michael Moore

What differentiates e1 anger from e9 or e8? I'd like to know more about these three as I think I resonate least with the gut/instinct three.