• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fantasy rpg classes

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like playing as blends of classes. Clereics/healers for support, and archers for combat.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Generally healers are well needed in any mmorpg, I don’t have any ready ones but I aspire to be a good healer *pushes glasses in*

I like using crossbows when I’m an archer, closest look to a gun in a pre-modern world lol

When I’m a mage, whatever has the most dazzling effects lol

Usually when I first start a game I’m usually hand to hand combat though, swords are the cheapest to repair and you can just like sit around to heal if you don’t want to buy food or potions. Sure you may not be the most expert class but you get by if that’s your goal.

I do archers after playing the swordsman after a while, it’s a bit easier if you just keep the enemy chase you more often

Magic classes I have the hardest time because usually they’re meant to be more group playing than solo play anyway.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the dark knight/death knight archetype; being heavily armored, as well as having good combat abilities and magic.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I tend to like playing mages or rouges in rpgs since I like doing high damage.

Boogie man

Da Voodoo
MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
When creating a character, I aim for a few things:
  • melee
  • magic user: divine (preferably both holy and unholy, but that's rare to find)
  • good survivability / self-sustain
  • no heavy armor

In most RPG's I have to compromise on one or two points though :(
I don't even know what archetype this is. (Un)holy spellblade or something?

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Speaking as a D&D player:

I'm playing a melee rogue and a warlock in my current games. I've enjoyed playing druid for its versatility and warlock for RP reasons. Bard is a class I'd like to try but haven't had the opportunity. Skill monkeys are fun for me.

I don't like clerics, but I have character ideas for all the other classes.

Rangers. Although I’ve had fun playing almost every class at one time or another over the eighteen or so years I gamed. Clerics, thieves (always died quickly), wizards, assassins, fighters (melee and archers).

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now? Clerics/healers. When I was younger, I used to think healing was lame (before ever actually trying it), but one I gave it a legitimate chance I was hooked. It's just so much more dynamic and engaging, versus mashing the same buttons over-and-over in a repetitive fashion as with most damage dealers.

When I was younger (Late teens, early twenties): Any kind of ranged mage-like class -- I've never been very fond of melee at all, with Rogues being the only one I ever managed to play for any length of time.