• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any INFJ characters that arent a massive bore?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does knowing one’s MBTI type really enhance the movie/show experience?

To me it ruins it and distract attention. If you want to know the characters, watch reality tv shows lol

Ciestess

Others often/usually disagree with these characters being INFJ, but I stand by them.
Izaya Orihara from Durarara!! is anything but boring.
Kisuke Urahara from Bleach is pretty entertaining, but he doesn't show up very much in the show.
This isn't a show, but Sans from Undertale as well.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’m a massive bore.

Lark

I know a couple of INFJs, I've yet to find any of them a bore, especially the ladies. I could have long conversations with any of them.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know a couple of INFJs, I've yet to find any of them a bore, especially the ladies. I could have long conversations with any of them.

Agreed. I am surrounded by INFJs (brother, bff, and bf are all INFJs). bff is the funniest person i have ever met in my entire life. brother is a hilarious prankster. bf doesn't make jokes often but when he does, they are extremely funny. in contrast i make jokes constantly so over time i am hilarious but my efforts are more: throw all the things at the wall and then point to what sticks and ignore the giant jelly mess dripping onto the oriental carpet below.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you want to know what a Ni-Ti loop looks like, it looks like Mulder from the X-files.

INFJs are too often defined by Fe. Actual Ni-doms are completely different and are like Mulder in that they make decisions based on internal intuition that makes no sense to others and entertain more speculative possibilities than concrete and analytical types. I've heard him typed as INTP, but the man is not driven by logic. It is the obsession with Fe that makes people clueless about INFJs.

Amberiat

Infinity
Will Graham from the Hannibal TV series, 100% INFJ and really interesting imo.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always thought Rorschach from Watchmen seemed INFJish (inasmuch as fictional characters can be typed).

Eta, and even more than Rorschach: Thomas from Downton Abbey. A lot of people typed him as INTJ (at least in this forum), but he was manipulative AF. IME, INTJs just can't (and feel no inclination to) navigate the interpersonal world that well.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you want to know what a Ni-Ti loop looks like, it looks like Mulder from the X-files.

INFJs are too often defined by Fe. Actual Ni-doms are completely different and are like Mulder in that they make decisions based on internal intuition that makes no sense to others and entertain more speculative possibilities than concrete and analytical types. I've heard him typed as INTP, but the man is not driven by logic. It is the obsession with Fe that makes people clueless about INFJs.

Most places I heard type Mulder as an INFP but I never saw him as an Fi person. But in the role of Hank Moody (Californication), definitely Fi.

alrhough since of this time gap. S 1-9 Mulder and Scully were much in a sense neurotic. Where as S10-11 are really low in neuroticism. They’re so chill now lol.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
John Locke from Lost is also a Ni-dom of the more subjective type, likely INFJ. He would have a more aggressive Enneagram though, perhaps a 6 and an 8 involved. It is his personal, internal connection to reality that speaks of Ni over Ne. He is also driven by internal intuition at odds with everything except the core reality. Even his extreme passiveness in his normative environment speaks more of a Feeler than Thinker, and then he rises to the occasion in response to extradorinary circumstances, which is also equated with INFJ descriptions.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most places I heard type Mulder as an INFP but I never saw him as an Fi person. But in the role of Hank Moody (Californication), definitely Fi.
Mulder is no way Fi-dom. He actually has some amoral aspects to him. He is not driven by what is right, but by the hidden "Truth", and his search is very internal, and from an external vantage point he is the epitome of jumping to conclusions. Scully has Fi, as she is originally an ISTJ with some INTJ leanings as the series progresses.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mulder is no way Fi-dom. He actually has some amoral aspects to him. He is not driven by what is right, but by the hidden "Truth", and his search is very internal, and from an external vantage point he is the epitome of jumping to conclusions. Scully has Fi, as she is originally an ISTJ with some INTJ leanings as the series progresses.

Yeah x-files wouldn’t be the show for me if Mulder was an Fi-dom. I liked the relatability to him or at least as a role model in a way. Because at least I believe I’m not an fi dom either.

Yeah I’m the rare exception of the x files did an istj get some personality changes haha. Although this brings me back I’m not a fan of labeling anyone perhaps reality tv shows for that matter. Tv characters are of writers individual or collective imagination which does exactly follow under a cognition so cleanly put by MBTI.

well not does any individual for that matter.

i guess i am the victor of typing ficitional characters. Say it’s bad but keep participating to say my opinion anyway hahaha

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ I agree with you on that. Typing people is a way of creating a lower resolution of subjective reality and as a result loses a great deal of meaning and truth.

Characters like Mulder represent to me the negative and oblivious nature of typing in relation to INFJ in particular. He is the poster child for the type, but it is a completely different category now from what Jung described originally. Now it's basically any FJ who spends a lot of time reading books or some other complete distortion and simplification of the theory.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe that Jean Valjean from Les Misérables is INFJ (the musical/movie version at least, I haven't read the book), and he is one of my favorite characters.

Emotional Vulcan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I wholeheartedly agree with Glados. Will Graham and Hannibal Lecter are both excellent examples of the INFJ. When you say are their any "interesting" INFJ characters it becomes almost purely objective. True, when you think of exciting characters INFJ's aren't half as likely to show up in conversation as say ENTP's, ISTJ's, or ENFP's, but they are still very much capable of excitement. However, it's also true that the INFJ excitement can go virtually undetected because the origin of interest is in the mind. They may not be the typical action movie material, but if you could look into the mind of an INFJ you would see adventures, ideas, and entire worlds that you could only dream of. This being said, some other INFJ's that may suit your description and are some of my personal favorites are Vivi Nefertari from One Piece, Euros Holmes from BBC Sherlock, and John Locke from Lost.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Himura Kenshin is often typed as INFJ and is not boring. He has a very interesting story. He was an assassin during a war in Japan in the 1860s. He changed his life around (largely due to a life-changing experience, but also partly because his conscience won out) and became a wanderer who refused to take lives.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most(if not all of them) are just generic voice of reason characters like Lisa Simpson,or characters that carry only the role of establishing a moral high ground,is there any INFJ character that is actually fun?

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd posit Betty Draper as an INFJ and Michonne from TWD is either INFJ or ENFJ (stuck in her shadow type in the first few seasons of meeting her, but the flashbacks show a much different side of her).

QueenBeech

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Sam Winchester from Supernatural is a pretty awesome INFJ.