• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

David Bowie - ISFP or INTJ?

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ISFP. No question

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Did you watch the video? What specifically do you disagree with?

I actually listen to David Bowie and have seen enough interviews as a fan. He's Fi-Se-little-Ni- never really saw much Te. He's an E4 that's for sure. Also, have you ever read his lyrics? His writing style is so much Fi(+Se sometimes), it's mindboggling. But since I have Fi as an auxiliary I can empathize with it very well. It's too much Fi for an INTJ and too little Te. It really isn't a good idea to just watch one interview and go from there, cause people act differently depending on how they feel, especially Fi-doms. By watching only one video you don't get the full picture imho. And he was a drug user, a really big one at that, soo... watching more videos is helpful cause you can see when he was doing good and when he seemed a little bit off (Withdrawal symptoms? No idea).

I recently noticed I have a thing for ISFP-musicians. Barely listen to an artist that's not ISFP :huh:

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
ISFP, sorry. Can't imagine an INTJ so bohemian as Bowie. The dude had a bed in the middle of his living room...

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFP, sorry. Can't imagine an INTJ so bohemian as Bowie. The dude had a bed in the middle of his living room...

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I made a video with specific points. I'm interested in your comments on the points that I made. YouTube

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Even though ISFP and INTJ have the same functions, I believe that INTJ have more direct and confrontational eyes and ISFP look more soft and feminine.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Even though ISFP and INTJ have the same functions, I believe that INTJ have more direct and confrontational eyes and ISFP look more soft and feminine.

I don't buy that at all.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not watching video, ISFP. :biggrin:

Okay, I'm a huge Bowie fan and decided to sit through the whole video. I've been trying to figure out his type for a long time now, but Bowie was such a private person that it makes it very difficult to piece it all together. I've read and seen many interviews and documentaries about him as well, so I know quite a bit about him. Honestly though, I'm not sure how anyone can say he's an ISFP, especially after watching the interview 10 minutes in. That is not tertiary Ni at work, sorry. I personally used to think he was an INFJ, but I've seen people make a good argument for ENFP. He's always seemed like a very intuitive person to me in general, from his interests in the esoteric/occult/Kabbalah, the deeper meaning in his songs, the metaphors he uses, not being a natural stage performer, etc. Hell, he even said he was intuitive in this quote:

"I'm terribly intuitive—I always thought I was intellectual about what I do, but I've come to the realisation that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing half the time, that the majority of the stuff that I do is totally intuitive, totally about where I am physically and mentally at any moment in time and I have a far harder time than anybody else explaining it and analysing it. That's the territory of the artist anyway: to be quite at sea with what he does, and working towards not being intuive about it and being far more methodical and academic about it."

However, in regards to him being an INTJ, I just don't see aux-Te in him, even in interviews and from stories of the people he's worked with in the past. Bowie was softer than Te users and seemed to use Fi or maybe even a more Fi-ish Fe due to his 4w3 enneagram type.

You know, I'm not sure if he's still here, but I'm going to tag [mention=19700]asynaretic[/mention] because he's an avid Bowie fan too, but is a lot better at explaining things than I am. He once gave an interesting take on him being a possible INFJ. It'd be nice to get his input as well, that's if he's okay to do so.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I'm a huge Bowie fan and decided to sit through the whole video. I've been trying to figure out his type for a long time now, but Bowie was such a private person that it makes it very difficult to piece it all together. I've read and seen many interviews and documentaries about him as well, so I know quite a bit about him. Honestly though, I'm not sure how anyone can say he's an ISFP, especially after watching the interview 10 minutes in. That is not tertiary Ni at work, sorry. I personally used to think he was an INFJ, but I've seen people make a good argument for ENFP. He's always seemed like a very intuitive person to me in general, from his interests in the esoteric/occult/Kabbalah, the deeper meaning in his songs, the metaphors he uses, not being a natural stage performer, etc. Hell, he even said he was intuitive in this quote:

"I'm terribly intuitive—I always thought I was intellectual about what I do, but I've come to the realisation that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing half the time, that the majority of the stuff that I do is totally intuitive, totally about where I am physically and mentally at any moment in time and I have a far harder time than anybody else explaining it and analysing it. That's the territory of the artist anyway: to be quite at sea with what he does, and working towards not being intuive about it and being far more methodical and academic about it."

However, in regards to him being an INTJ, I just don't see aux-Te in him, even in interviews and from stories of the people he's worked with in the past. Bowie was softer than Te users and seemed to use Fi or maybe even a more Fi-ish Fe due to his 4w3 enneagram type.

You know, I'm not sure if he's still here, but I'm going to tag [mention=19700]asynaretic[/mention] because he's an avid Bowie fan too, but is a lot better at explaining things than I am. He once gave an interesting take on him being a possible INFJ. It'd be nice to get his input as well, that's if he's okay to do so.
Uh, I gave a sort of half baked reasoning for why I thought he might be an INFJ. I’ll have to think about it some more, my memory is a bit hazy. If I can find the other thread then I’ll link to it

Uh, I gave a sort of half baked reasoning for why I thought he might be an INFJ. I’ll have to think about it some more, my memory is a bit hazy. If I can find the other thread then I’ll link to it

Oh, haha sorry then. Probably shouldn't have called you out on it.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe it was the drugs, but I see Bowie as a Perceiver.

adrift

I think its an excellent argument for INTJ and there isnt much to try and dispute from the video. Really informative and engaging. Thanks very much for putting that video together!

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think its an excellent argument for INTJ and there isnt much to try and dispute from the video. Really informative and engaging. Thanks very much for putting that video together!

Thank you!

Jaguar

Your generalizations and stereotypes are nothing short of banal.