• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Famous living NTs

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
The time has come to do this for NTs as well. :)

For pedagogical/illustratory purposes, I'd like to compile a list of 16 men and 16 women of each MB type, all of whom fulfill the following conditions:

1. They must still be alive
2. They must be internationally famous (for good things)
3. They must have personalities that are well-known or easily researchable
4. Uncertainty about their type must be minimal.

Regarding NTs, I've thus far got 2/8 - Sacha Baron Cohen (ENTP) and Meryl Streep (INTP). Arguments available upon request. Want to help me get the remaining 6/8?

Female ENTP candidates:
Female ENTJ candidates:
Female INTJ candidates: Hillary Clinton? Jodie Foster?
Male ENTJ candidates: Bill Gates?
Male INTP candidates:
Male INTJ candidates:

(Incidentally, I am perfectly capable of googling famous xNTx lists; what I want is to hear who you personally believe to be xNTx - with arguments and preferably with links to YouTube interviews exhibiting the candidate's NTness.)

Last edited:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Jon Stewart is an ENTP paragon. (I realize I'm not providing an argument, but, really, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more obvious example of an ENTP. I suppose I will support this more thoroughly if someone actually dissents.)

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
John Stewart is an ENTP paragon. (I realize I'm not providing an argument, but, really, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more obvious example of an ENTP. I suppose I will support this more thoroughly if someone actually dissents.)

Who?

(Rhetorical question. Whoever he is, he's not famous enough to bump down SBC, according to me. :D)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I stand by that George Lucas is an INTJ. His reclusive nature and dislike of making public appearances is unmistakably Introverted.

George Lucas is known for being a technological pioneer (Intuitive Thinking) and dreaming up new and unconventional ways of making movies along with creating vivid fantastical worlds -- also Intuitive.

Though he possesses a gift for imaginative storytelling, he is not exactly skilled at developing the human element, and so probably isn't the Feeling type.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
About George Lucas I think it was fascinating to see how he dealt with concept art. You just have to see it, it's just so INTJ. I think I have to see it again too, because I don't really remember much more than that. :p

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About George Lucas I think it was fascinating to see how he dealt with concept art. You just have to see it, it's just so INTJ. I think I have to see it again too, because I don't really remember much more than that. :p

Yeah, I remember watching the behind-the-scenes of The Phantom Menace. The way he expressed what he wanted was just so coherent and visionary.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks for the Lucas links, I'll check them out later. *adding GL to the OP*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Usually INTJs are capable of creating a much more thorough and intellectual consistent idea framework than Lucas consistently shows. Really -- an NT reading his scripts should be laughing at the absurdity of how he puts ideas together. (His visuals are wonderful; but really, the story implementation is terrible.)

I would be surprised if he was an INTJ (like James Cameron, who is xNTJ -- perhaps it would do us well to compare Cameron and Lucas and note how they are distinctly different in their approach to these things). The ideas and dialogue and characterizations in Cameron's work are much more coherent and thorough than anything Lucas has done.

Lucas seems much more interested in creating archetypes and letting the story ride on their shoulders ("Look, these are the mythic archetypes and the story roles, so you should just accept them as valuable and well-done, ignoring how they're actually implemented") rather than actually "earning" the viewer's attention and winning them over intellectually like an NT would.

Another director who is possibly INTP is Christopher Nolan (Memento, the new Batman movies, Insomnia, The Prestige, etc.) -- and you see the same intricate locking there, the ability to weave together a pattern that is intellectually sound even if colored over with artistic flair. Very very different than Lucas' approach, who simply comes across as either an NFP of some sort or an SFP masquerading as an NF.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
James Cameron is more of an ENTP, I think.

And since when does personality type have anything to do with skill?

And besides, a person's thought on how another's ideas are put together is subjective anyway.

I have no problem with how George Lucas puts ideas together. And all the Star Wars films win me over intellectually.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think you can see some of his INTJ-ness in this video: http://starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/me3/5.html (Sorry it's not all Lucas.) I really get the feeling he is driven by Ni rather than Ne.

Quicktime? :sadbanana:

Uberfuhrer and Splittet, you guys don't have any YouTube interview links that show Lucas' INTJ-ness?

If not, perhaps that should disqualify him automatically from my list. I'm beginning to think that YouTube presence should be criterion 5 (as sort of an empirical qualifier for criteria 2 and 3).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
James Cameron is more of an ENTP, I think.

Eh... he's far too anal. You should do some research on him and read the anecdotes. He's extremely dominating and controlling and Te-ish in his demeanor, and is hard to deal with sometimes because of it.

I have no problem with how George Lucas puts ideas together. And all the Star Wars films win me over intellectually.

:shock: You've won the Intellectual Limbo in a few states, haven't you?

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Quicktime? :sadbanana:

Uberfuhrer and Splittet, you guys don't have any YouTube interview links that show Lucas' INTJ-ness?

If not, perhaps that should disqualify him automatically from my list. I'm beginning to think that YouTube presence should be criterion 5 (as sort of an empirical qualifier for criteria 2 and 3).

I am working on finding something really good, but I think this video gives some insight, at least: YouTube - BBC Omnibus - George Lucas Flying Solo Part 4

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A classic Introverted Intuitive trait is being able to come up with ideas but having trouble expressing them. I think coherency in ideas is specifically more of an Ne trait. And this comes from personal experience. I have a lot of ideas in my mind, but I have trouble finding ways to express them.

It could just be that George is a more visual thinker than verbal. He basically tells stories with Intuitive images. I think it is quite clear that Lucas is extremely skilled at envisioning imaginary landscapes, which are essentially visual Intuitive abstractions.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A classic Introverted Intuitive trait is being able to come up with ideas but having trouble expressing them. ...It could just be that George is a more visual thinker than verbal. He basically tells stories with Intuitive images. I think it is quite clear that Lucas is extremely skilled at envisioning imaginary landscapes, which are essentially visual Intuitive abstractions.

I don't think that the visual images are "intuitive." What they look like to me is a plethora of Sensors (specifically SFP types) lost in a virtual candy store of science fantasy.

Everything is about the image, and how varied and "cool" it can be made... without a real sense of coherency that ties it all together -- it's all mostly Se stimulation, eye candy.

The sort of clumsiness I see in these movies is very indicative of Se behavior -- ESFP artists are very good at creating images that look good but often have no real connection among them.

And Lucas' imaginary worlds are usually just conglomerates of current cultures -- he took so much flak over how he emulated the arabs and the asians and cast them as essentially "villains" in the movies, because he was not capable of taking elements of those cultures without just lifting the culture wholesale. Again, another typical Sensor move, when they attempt to be creative or original -- the same reason the current trend in sampling and snippet-pasting and canned tracks exist in today's popular music industry, it's the influence of S types trying to be creative.

(Nothing wrong with that, per se... but it is very different than when an N starts from scratch and builds up a new and coherent fantasy/creation.)

All of which leads me to believe that Lucas is very much either an S himself, or else an NF who has let the S artists and crew run off with the project because he's not sure how to control them or simply lets them run.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
You really don't like Star Wars, do you? I wonder how good your knowledge of the movies really are though. If you doubt Lucus is NT watch his THX 1138 movie.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, SPs are very good at creating stimulating images, this has been established a number of times. But are they good at imagining them beforehand? After all, Lucas does envision these sequences conceptually -- read the Star Wars scripts.

And the only connection I see between Star Wars villains and Arab and Asian cultures are the accents. It took Intuition to heighten the reality.

I do believe an Intuitive vision could have all the same purposes as a Sensate vision of looking "cool," but is conceptualized in the mind first -- after all, that is practically what differs the Intuitive from the Sensory mindset.

The way Lucas directs has a strong indication that what he wants was already conceptualized in his imagination. I think it is the Sensate director who insists on building large sets that will be torn down afterwards.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am working on finding something really good, but I think this video gives some insight, at least: YouTube - BBC Omnibus - George Lucas Flying Solo Part 4

Lucas doesn't speak much in that interview, does he?

(I don't want to go by other people's descriptions of him, but: "George came from sort of a middle-class background and he felt it was irresponsible to go over budget. And he's always felt like that. So he doesn't. And he cuts corners although it's killing him. And he'll finish on time and he'll find cheaper ways to do things." <-- Does this sound like an INTJ? :huh: I figure an INTJ will have no qualms exceeding the budget the STJ executives set for the movie, since the INTJ will be positive that the movie will do well if only the INTJ's vision is manifested unhampered. :D And yes, Jennifer, this would be where you mention Titanic. ;))