• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sailor Moon

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(My favorite anime from back in the day. shhhhh)

Sailor Moon~ENFP

I might be idealizing there. *shrug*

Elaborate on the other Sailor Scouts if you like. o_-

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
(My favorite anime from back in the day. shhhhh)

Sailor Moon~ENFP

I might be idealizing there. *shrug*

Elaborate on the other Sailor Scouts if you like. o_-

I wouldn't argue with ENFP... although she has a certain ESFP quality, except when it comes down romance (very NF then <_< ).

Off the cuff;

Mars - ESTJ
Mercury - INTJ
Jupiter - ESTP
Venus - ESFp

Uranus - ISTP
Neptune - ISFJ
Pluto - InTJ
Saturn - INFJ

Darrien - two dimensional.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Awesome. No, seriously I was obsessed with this show when I was 10.

I'd say she's ESFP though (Venus- her doppleganger, on the other hand, seems more ENFP to me).

Serena/Sailor Moon- ESFP
Mars- ESTJ
Mercury- INTP
Jupiter- ISFP (not quite sure about this one, she always tended to be less present (? I'm not sure of the word for this in English) character-wise in scenes for me)
Venus- ENFP

Rini (her daughter from the future)- ExTJ
Artemis- enTP
Luna- IStJ

Yeah, Darrien was pretty boring.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awesome. No, seriously I was obsessed with this show when I was 10.

I'd say she's ESFP though (Venus- her doppleganger, on the other hand, seems more ENFP to me).

Serena/Sailor Moon- ESFP
Mars- ESTJ
Mercury- INTP
Jupiter- ISFP (not quite sure about this one, she always tended to be less present (? I'm not sure of the word for this in English) character-wise in scenes for me)
Venus- ENFP

Rini (her daughter from the future)- ExTJ
Artemis- enTP
Luna- IStJ

Yeah, Darrien was pretty boring.

You may be right on Serena being ESFP, but ptgatsby's right about the NF on the romance part. *shrugs*

I think you got the others right on. ;)

Love how you even typed the cats. I didn't even think about them x)
Luna is definitely an ISTJ :yes:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

I agree with the rest, but I'm not sure about this one. I can't imagine ISFPs getting thrown out of their old school (although that was rumor, she was very T-ish in opening up to others) for fighting. Strikes me as more of a tomboy/disagreeable type, in the scheme of things.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I have been watching Sailor Moon as a pre-teen and now as an adult. I have to say Sailor Moon is an enfp. she's too romantic to be an esfp. Sailor Venus is the esfp and not enfp. I'm an enfp I don't relate with Sailor Venus at all.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four

Tsukino Usagi (Moon) ENFP 7w6
*Being romantic doesn't really suggest Ne. It only means that she's imaginative, because she fantasizes. I don't think that's the same as iNtuition in MBTI.
She plays video games, reads comics, enjoys Home economics in school and indulging in food, which suggest dom-Se, but not exclusively.
In my opinion, she experiences physical reality secondarily, through these means. Sailor Moon also seems the most likely to jump to conclusions, as well as use her imagination to keep events consistent with her quest (Ne+Fi).

Aino Mina (Venus) ESFP 7w8
*Mina represents the more typical side of Se because of her interest in and dedication to sports.
Obviously, Ne types can be athletic too, but Mina is not Ne-dom because she, like Sailor Moon, is wholly in the moment of her present environment rather than showing any for the future.Also, Mina is more independent and assertive, which suggest an 8-wing and the probably bodily/kinesthetically intelligent, while Usagi is more likely a visual/spatial thinker.

Mizuno Ami (Mercury) ISFJ 9w1
*With an IQ of 300, Ami is considered a genius. I don't know if that has anything to do with type, however. She's constantly studying, polite, shy, deeply caring and sensitive and modest. In Japanese society, she is the ideal. From that I see Fe because she makes decisions by following external social expectations in order to create harmonious relationships.
Studying to be a doctor requires a lot of knowledge. So, I see her intelligence as suggestive of Si -- a store of concrete information rather than a process like Ti or Ne, which interprets, figure things out and makes new ideas.

Hino Rei (Mars) ESTJ 8w9
*Intense, loyal, down-to-earth, traditional but impatient and critical of incompetent leadership (ie, Sailor Moon.)

Kino Makoto (Jupiter) ESFJ 6w7?
*Physically, she is described as being tall and somewhat more masculine than the others. Yet, she tries to counteract this by being better at the traditionally feminine roles (cooking, cleaning, etc) that she had to learn in order survive after her parents passed away. Regardless, I imagine dom-Extraverted Judgment, is necessary to become so self-sufficient in those areas. She is also kind and optimistic.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5

Tsukino Usagi (Moon) ENFP 7w6
*Being romantic doesn't really suggest Ne. It only means that she's imaginative, because she fantasizes. I don't think that's the same as iNtuition in MBTI.
She plays video games, reads comics, enjoys Home economics in school and indulging in food, which suggest dom-Se, but not exclusively.
In my opinion, she experiences physical reality secondarily, through these means. Sailor Moon also seems the most likely to jump to conclusions, as well as use her imagination to keep events consistent with her quest (Ne+Fi).

Aino Mina (Venus) ESFP 7w8
*Mina represents the more typical side of Se because of her interest in and dedication to sports.
Obviously, Ne types can be athletic too, but Mina is not Ne-dom because she, like Sailor Moon, is wholly in the moment of her present environment rather than showing any for the future.Also, Mina is more independent and assertive, which suggest an 8-wing and the probably bodily/kinesthetically intelligent, while Usagi is more likely a visual/spatial thinker.

*With an IQ of 300, Ami is considered a genius. I don't know if that has anything to do with type, however. She's constantly studying, polite, shy, deeply caring and sensitive and modest. In Japanese society, she is the ideal. From that I see Fe because she makes decisions by following external social expectations in order to create harmonious relationships.
Studying to be a doctor requires a lot of knowledge. So, I see her intelligence as suggestive of Si -- a store of concrete information rather than a process like Ti or Ne, which interprets, figure things out and makes new ideas.

Hino Rei (Mars) ESTJ 8w9
*Intense, loyal, down-to-earth, traditional but impatient and critical of incompetent leadership (ie, Sailor Moon.)

Kino Makoto (Jupiter) ESFJ 6w7?
*Physically, she is described as being tall and somewhat more masculine than the others. Yet, she tries to counteract this by being better at the traditionally feminine roles (cooking, cleaning, etc) that she had to learn in order survive after her parents passed away. Regardless, I imagine dom-Extraverted Judgment, is necessary to become so self-sufficient in those areas. She is also kind and optimistic.

I use being very romantic, as a heuristic way to separate enfp from esfp, beside living in the moment. Because to the naked eye they look the same.

I agree with your typing. what about Uranus and Neptune?

Uranus- istp
Neptune- isfj or infj

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ

Nailed it!! I've seen so many people suggest INTJ/INFJ/INTP/etc. There was a reason why my ISFJ mother said she was her favorite scout. Ami had the similar bouts of extreme self-doubt, need to be accepted, and quiet self-sacrifice that (in my experience) really characterize the ISFJ mindset.

My list:

Sailor Moon: ENFP
Sailor Mercury: ISFJ
Sailor Mars: ESTJ or ENTJ
Sailor Jupiter: ISFP
Sailor Venus: ESFP

Sailor Uranus: ISTP
Sailor Neptune: INFJ (a little unsure about the F, the character was rather cold, wasn't she? She seemed a little Machiavellian, if what I remember from the anime is correct.)
Sailor Saturn: not well-developed/ Hotaru: INFJ or INFP
Sailor Pluto: IxTJ (difficult..I want to lean toward ISTJ)

And for Darrien? Extrovert is really all I can gather fo' sho from the anime.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i like sailor moon.

i haven't seen it in awhile though but the anime was great.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Yeah, I pretty much agree with you all

Tomoe Hotaru (Saturn) INFJ 4w5
*As stated above, she's not very well developed. The creator describes her as, "delicate, quiet, precocious and expressionless." She literally has the power to destroy a planet, so one might need extraverted Judgement to handle that kind of responsibility ;) Also, I imagine that INFJs and INFPs can seem equally withdrawn, but Ne (in my experience, at least) makes INFPS someone seem more flightly and expressive.

Tenoh Haruka (Uranus) ISTP 8w9
*Obviously, her "need for speed," and flirtatiousness suggest Se, but she has refined that function to running and racing too greatly for it to be dominant.

Kaiou Michiru (Neptune) INTJ 1w9
*Neptune is extremely self-controlled, independent, perfectionistic, focused These qualities indicate Te, to me. However, I believe it is secondary to Ni, which enables to deal with large amounts of abstract information. Thus, academically, she rivals Mercury, but her intuition leads her to pursue fine arts. She presents a graciousness that resembles Fe, but I suppose she proves it to be more like thinking when she, somewhat coldly, accuses Mercury, a true IFJ, of holding back in a swimming race. She's also calmly willing to compromise anything in order to achieve her and Uranus' goals.

Neptune is easily my favorite.

Meiou Setsuna (Pluto) ISFJ 1w9
*Again, a somewhat more generic character. She fulfills her duty as the Keeper of Time without complaint, but is described as looking "lonely." She is standoffish, but helpful towards the Inner Senshi, especially Chibiusa.

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmmm...I kind of like Michiru as an INTJ now, considering good, well-rounded female INTJs are so few and far between in the fictional world!

I still want to figure out Darien! I'm completely pulling this out of nowhere, but maybe ENFJ? He seems very "J"- dedicated, loyal, consistent, always calling out Serena on her "Perceiving" qualities. He has a teasing attitude (in the beginning) that reminds me of some ENFJs I know. I remember a bio of his once said he was a very good student and his favorite course was Physics, a rather abstract subject that may suggest Intuition?

But is his Dom really Extroverted Feeling? Maybe he is INFJ? Introverted Intuition seems a little more like his character, and the Auxiliary Extroverted Feeling might make more sense.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
I would agree that Darien is an INFJ.

I also agree with your comment about female INTJs. Perhaps another good example would be Temperance Brennan from the tv series Bones.
She and Neptune are both extremely intelligent, but I think Brennan behaviors more like a type Five on the Enneagram.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I pretty much agree with you all

Tomoe Hotaru (Saturn) INFJ 4w5
*As stated above, she's not very well developed. The creator describes her as, "delicate, quiet, precocious and expressionless." She literally has the power to destroy a planet, so one might need extraverted Judgement to handle that kind of responsibility ;) Also, I imagine that INFJs and INFPs can seem equally withdrawn, but Ne (in my experience, at least) makes INFPS someone seem more flightly and expressive.

Tenoh Haruka (Uranus) ISTP 8w9
*Obviously, her "need for speed," and flirtatiousness suggest Se, but she has refined that function to running and racing too greatly for it to be dominant.

Kaiou Michiru (Neptune) INTJ 1w9
*Neptune is extremely self-controlled, independent, perfectionistic, focused These qualities indicate Te, to me. However, I believe it is secondary to Ni, which enables to deal with large amounts of abstract information. Thus, academically, she rivals Mercury, but her intuition leads her to pursue fine arts. She presents a graciousness that resembles Fe, but I suppose she proves it to be more like thinking when she, somewhat coldly, accuses Mercury, a true IFJ, of holding back in a swimming race. She's also calmly willing to compromise anything in order to achieve her and Uranus' goals.

Neptune is easily my favorite.

Meiou Setsuna (Pluto) ISFJ 1w9
*Again, a somewhat more generic character. She fulfills her duty as the Keeper of Time without complaint, but is described as looking "lonely." She is standoffish, but helpful towards the Inner Senshi, especially Chibiusa.

I'm surprise you type Neptune as an intj. I find that hard to believe. I don't spot an inch of T in her. But that's just my opinion.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Hmmm...I kind of like Michiru as an INTJ now, considering good, well-rounded female INTJs are so few and far between in the fictional world!

I still want to figure out Darien! I'm completely pulling this out of nowhere, but maybe ENFJ? He seems very "J"- dedicated, loyal, consistent, always calling out Serena on her "Perceiving" qualities. He has a teasing attitude (in the beginning) that reminds me of some ENFJs I know. I remember a bio of his once said he was a very good student and his favorite course was Physics, a rather abstract subject that may suggest Intuition?

But is his Dom really Extroverted Feeling? Maybe he is INFJ? Introverted Intuition seems a little more like his character, and the Auxiliary Extroverted Feeling might make more sense.

Yeah. Darien is definitely an infj. The ideal match for Sailor Moon who's an enfp.

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm surprise you type Neptune as an intj. I find that hard to believe. I don't spot an inch of T in her. But that's just my opinion.

I'm curious as to what examples you have that make her appear very F-like. Yes, she is very polite and gracious, but that has less to do with F vs. T than one might think. Indeed, it seems to me now that Neptune and Uranus make nice contrast to the inner Senshi. The inner Senshi, as a group, make their decisions based on "what is good/maintaining of relationships/ethical (very F) while the outer Senshi, especially Neptune and Uranus, seem far more impersonal and likely to be objective in achieving their goals (very T).

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I'm curious as to what examples you have that make her appear very F-like. Yes, she is very polite and gracious, but that has less to do with F vs. T than one might think. Indeed, it seems to me now that Neptune and Uranus make nice contrast to the inner Senshi. The inner Senshi, as a group, make their decisions based on "what is good/maintaining of relationships/ethical (very F) while the outer Senshi, especially Neptune and Uranus, seem far more impersonal and likely to be objective in achieving their goals (very T).

It's my gut that makes thinks she's a F vs T.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's my gut that makes thinks she's a F vs T.

just found a link to this thread, hope y'all don't mind me reviving it!

sailor moon was my favorite cartoon as a middle schooler and i still relate to it sometimes. i think i learned a lot from it and carry a lot of its associations with me still :yes:

i think michiru is an F too. it's also a gut feeling, but i'll try to analyze it.

for one, i think you can see it in her violin playing and in her painting. her playing is always expressive, moving, usually has an underlying sadness to it. what i'm thinking is that i play music and my brother plays music, but we play for very different reasons. obviously, we both enjoy the sensory aspect of hearing music, but we are very different players as well. he's much more interested in music theory, in emulating the great musicians and improvisation. he plays because of the engagement of thought. i'm much more interested in the way the music is linked to emotion, in interpretation, and in expression. i like the way it allows me to express feeling. accordingly, he's a T, and i'm an F. and michiru seems more of an F player to me. in her paintings, too - notably the one of a whale jumping out of space surrounded by color, and the one of the destruction of the world - they seem inspiring and despairing, respectively. and both appear loose, colorful, and dramatic. nothing is overt; it all hints at F.

she does cover up her emotions well, but sometimes you hear them spring forth, and when that happens, they're astoundingly deep. like right around the time uranus decides to take her henshin stick - first michiru yells at her not to take it, because it will change her life forever, and then dives in front of uranus, unthinkingly (haha, that word choice was not purposeful, but it works) blocking her with the arm she uses to play. and then she kind of blabbers to haruka that she'd been stalking her because michiru knew haruka was "the one", and always daydreamed about riding by the beach in her car.

michiru also makes comments about emotional honesty from time to time. i think it's easy to suspect she's T because she seems cold sometimes, but one, i've seen this explained by her not liking people being fake (Fi), plus in terms of praise, she's dealing with the fact she won't be able to fulfill her dream of being a violinist because she has to save the world - which includes hurting people and potentially sacrificing herself. and while michiru holds fast to this as a hardline rule, i think it's very much an ethical decision - she's choosing the greater good. haruka and pluto (also T) demonstrate angst for this too, but not nearly as often. she also often laments how she may have to hurt people, which haruka (definite T) only indicates once, and only by staring at her hands - in response to which michiru says "i like your hands." additionally, when her and haruka chat with others, michiru often plays the more supportive (good cop, lol) role - praising or comforting. at one point she says to usagi you should "cherish" your first kiss - then overtly gazes at haruka - and after laments that she and haruka don't have luxury of falling in love... flirt bait which haruka totally ignores, lol :wubbie:

the only evidence i would give to the contrary would be when she raced with ami. though first, michiru notices that ami swims "vibrantly" - not really a T kind of assessment. then she got really into the competition of it. she was upset that ami didn't put her all into it, annoyed that maybe ami was trying to make michiru feel better about herself - and that's not a particularly logical conclusion in and of itself. michiru had never met ami before and unfortunately ami was already feeling down that day... and once haruka points it out, michiru feels bad about it.

but add that to neptune being the soldier of "embrace", type O blood, and a pisces...

the most convincing thing of all, of course: haruka remarks that michiru "can't even kill one bug". lmao

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
just found a link to this thread, hope y'all don't mind me reviving it!

sailor moon was my favorite cartoon as a middle schooler and i still relate to it sometimes. i think i learned a lot from it and carry a lot of its associations with me still :yes:

i think michiru is an F too. it's also a gut feeling, but i'll try to analyze it.

for one, i think you can see it in her violin playing and in her painting. her playing is always expressive, moving, usually has an underlying sadness to it. what i'm thinking is that i play music and my brother plays music, but we play for very different reasons. obviously, we both enjoy the sensory aspect of hearing music, but we are very different players as well. he's much more interested in music theory, in emulating the great musicians and improvisation. he plays because of the engagement of thought. i'm much more interested in the way the music is linked to emotion, in interpretation, and in expression. i like the way it allows me to express feeling. accordingly, he's a T, and i'm an F. and michiru seems more of an F player to me. in her paintings, too - notably the one of a whale jumping out of space surrounded by color, and the one of the destruction of the world - they seem inspiring and despairing, respectively. and both appear loose, colorful, and dramatic. nothing is overt; it all hints at F.

she does cover up her emotions well, but sometimes you hear them spring forth, and when that happens, they're astoundingly deep. like right around the time uranus decides to take her henshin stick - first michiru yells at her not to take it, because it will change her life forever, and then dives in front of uranus, unthinkingly (haha, that word choice was not purposeful, but it works) blocking her with the arm she uses to play. and then she kind of blabbers to haruka that she'd been stalking her because michiru knew haruka was "the one", and always daydreamed about riding by the beach in her car.

michiru also makes comments about emotional honesty from time to time. i think it's easy to suspect she's T because she seems cold sometimes, but one, i've seen this explained by her not liking people being fake (Fi), plus in terms of praise, she's dealing with the fact she won't be able to fulfill her dream of being a violinist because she has to save the world - which includes hurting people and potentially sacrificing herself. and while michiru holds fast to this as a hardline rule, i think it's very much an ethical decision - she's choosing the greater good. haruka and pluto (also T) demonstrate angst for this too, but not nearly as often. she also often laments how she may have to hurt people, which haruka (definite T) only indicates once, and only by staring at her hands - in response to which michiru says "i like your hands." additionally, when her and haruka chat with others, michiru often plays the more supportive (good cop, lol) role - praising or comforting. at one point she says to usagi you should "cherish" your first kiss - then overtly gazes at haruka - and after laments that she and haruka don't have luxury of falling in love... flirt bait which haruka totally ignores, lol :wubbie:

the only evidence i would give to the contrary would be when she raced with ami. though first, michiru notices that ami swims "vibrantly" - not really a T kind of assessment. then she got really into the competition of it. she was upset that ami didn't put her all into it, annoyed that maybe ami was trying to make michiru feel better about herself - and that's not a particularly logical conclusion in and of itself. michiru had never met ami before and unfortunately ami was already feeling down that day... and once haruka points it out, michiru feels bad about it.

but add that to neptune being the soldier of "embrace", type O blood, and a pisces...

the most convincing thing of all, of course: haruka remarks that michiru "can't even kill one bug". lmao

Thank for analyzing it. I couldn't put into words to why I felt like she was a F vs. T.