• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sailor Moon

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thank for analyzing it. I couldn't put into words to why I felt like she was a F vs. T.

i know what you mean! it's tricky, at first glance she seems T, but something told me F too. i had to start with our conclusion and work backwards, lol... typical N ;]

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
The only problem with your assessment of Neptune is that if she were an INFJ (an F vs. a T) she would have auxiliary Fe rather than Fi. You raise some very good points, but I still see her as an INTJ with well-developed Fi than an INFJ (or an INFP for that matter). The girl, though, is INXX however you slice it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
oh, whoops! haha good point :) though she does have good social graces, lol.

i'm glad to see her be a deep and impressive INxx character, either way. i feel like a lot of INxx female characters are "strange" and hard to relate to - like setsuna and hotaru, love them though i do.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
so anyway... i figure i might as well just copy over the sailor moon typings i did in the anime thread, before i realized this one existed :blushing:

i've changed a few, and tried to break it down into functions as much as i could - hopefully the correct functions! D:

usagi - ENFP
  • ok, i've changed from ESFP. usagi really does have the touchy-feely NF please-don't-hurt-anyone and undying optimism, as well as idealism, and her little statements whenever she confronts a villian (in the name of the moon, i will punish you!!!) are rather enfp-y. maybe her Ne just isn't super developed, or she's using it more to daydream about mamoru than to think about her future role. i guess i would be pretty traumatized if i were a 13-year-old just trying to make it to school on time and i were handed some crazy wand, burst into a flash of rainbows and elevator music, and instructed by a talking cat with a moon-shaped patch on its forehead to fight some huge ugly monster that had apparently aided in destroying the kingdom i used to be the princess-in-training of. on the moon. yeah, that'd be a lot to get used to.
ami - ISTJ
  • she's a tacital genius, and is definitely introverted and J - she follows through. always prompt and deferentially polite. she's always scanning data for relevance (Si), and using high-tech gadgets, then using logic (Te) to plan. INTJ seems more interested in their own opinion, while ami is very loyal, very much about using her logic and data to help the group. she won't always share it right away, but that's only because she waits for others to finish first.
rei - ENTJ
  • rei's first function is unquestionably N - one of her strongest points is her intuition. she is very outgoing, so Ne. she's also stubborn and feisty, and naturally takes charge. she gets frustrated with usagi's occasional flakiness, but every once in a blue moon will let the audience see a bit of a sentimental side for usagi or mamoru. unlike usagi, she obviously can put aside emotions to do her duty (T), and keeps up with her grades and responsibilities as a temple priestess (J).
mina - ESFP
  • she's an entertainer, present-focused, spontaneous, athletic, and is a good leader because, as haruka puts it, she unites people. i do not think she is a J because her teacher once pointed out that she was late to class for the "30th time in a month"... lol...
makoto - ISFP
  • friendly, gentle, and generous, but very independent, strong and a fighter underneath. she's very much a protector, as well as a culinary artist. (SP) she wants to be a homemaker and is an excellent cook, but she also practices martial arts and generally kicks ass when others are in danger. this type is more of an overall feeling...
hotaru - INFP
  • in one word, hotaru is mysterious. she's quiet, empathetic, and a gifted healer. at one point surprises her family by filling up her usually-dark room with countless hanging lanterns. she also harbors the power to bring the "silence" and destroy the universe. typical INFP, no? ;)
michiru - INFJ
  • she is very sophisticated and reserved. like rei, one of michiru's strongest functions is definitely iNtuition, but i suspect hers is Ni. it's better at foretelling the future than rei's. her emotion, as she channels it through art and music, is obviously deeply moving. she dove in front of haruka, risking hurting her violin arm (and therefore sacrificing her dream of being a violinist) for haruka for an irrational cause - it was haruka's destiny to become a senshi. she flirts frequently with haruka, and occasionally with others (Fe). and a few dramatic quotes: "as long as i can be with you (haruka), i'll do anything." "no, i can't go on without you!" she expresses sorrow that she may have to hurt others or sacrifice herself but is fiercly dedicated to saving the world for the greater good.
haruka - ESTP
  • a racecar driver, haruka is always talking about the rush of the wind and other sensory details (Se). she excels by bounds in every sport she participates in - racing, track, and motorcross amongst them. she's quieter when she's reflecting and analyzing (Ti) and plays with things in her hands (i'm thinking of the scene with michiru playing violin on stange and haruka tossing a lemon) - and has a penchant for teasing pretty girls! (Se) she also, significantly, races and runs to get away from herself - she's definitely not I. i think she's just a quieter-than-normal E - if you watch her interact with others, she's often the first to say something and very forceful about it. she leads conversation. i also suspect she's more of a P, a rule bender if you will...
setsuna - INTJ
  • quiet and serious (IxxJ), setsuna is a level-headed theoretical physicist (NT). she controls spacetime and also harbors the most deadly power of all the senshi. doesn't that just seem so INTJ? :D
rini/chibiusa - ENFP
  • curious, adorable, caring but manipulative and snarky. and she tells some guy lamenting his crush's disinterest to not give up, but "think like a winner!"
darien/mamoru - INTJ
  • he's reserved, logical, decisive, and, despite having no past, generally seems to know what he needs to do next (Ni).

Colors said:
Artemis- enTP
Luna- IStJ
true and true :yes:

let me know what ya think!

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
so anyway... i figure i might as well just copy over the sailor moon typings i did in the anime thread, before i realized this one existed :blushing:

i've changed a few, and tried to break it down into functions as much as i could - hopefully the correct functions! D:

usagi - ENFP
  • ok, i've changed from ESFP. usagi really does have the touchy-feely NF please-don't-hurt-anyone and undying optimism, as well as idealism, and her little statements whenever she confronts a villian (in the name of the moon, i will punish you!!!) are rather enfp-y. maybe her Ne just isn't super developed, or she's using it more to daydream about mamoru than to think about her future role. i guess i would be pretty traumatized if i were a 13-year-old just trying to make it to school on time and i were handed some crazy wand, burst into a flash of rainbows and elevator music, and instructed by a talking cat with a moon-shaped patch on its forehead to fight some huge ugly monster that had apparently aided in destroying the kingdom i used to be the princess-in-training of. on the moon. yeah, that'd be a lot to get used to.
ami - ISTJ
  • she's a tacital genius, and is definitely introverted and J - she follows through. always prompt and deferentially polite. she's always scanning data for relevance (Si), and using high-tech gadgets, then using logic (Te) to plan. INTJ seems more interested in their own opinion, while ami is very loyal, very much about using her logic and data to help the group. she won't always share it right away, but that's only because she waits for others to finish first.
rei - ENTJ
  • rei's first function is unquestionably N - one of her strongest points is her intuition. she is very outgoing, so Ne. she's also stubborn and feisty, and naturally takes charge. she gets frustrated with usagi's occasional flakiness, but every once in a blue moon will let the audience see a bit of a sentimental side for usagi or mamoru. unlike usagi, she obviously can put aside emotions to do her duty (T), and keeps up with her grades and responsibilities as a temple priestess (J).
mina - ESFP
  • she's an entertainer, present-focused, spontaneous, athletic, and is a good leader because, as haruka puts it, she unites people. i do not think she is a J because her teacher once pointed out that she was late to class for the "30th time in a month"... lol...
makoto - ISFP
  • friendly, gentle, and generous, but very independent, strong and a fighter underneath. she's very much a protector, as well as a culinary artist. (SP) she wants to be a homemaker and is an excellent cook, but she also practices martial arts and generally kicks ass when others are in danger. this type is more of an overall feeling...
hotaru - INFP
  • in one word, hotaru is mysterious. she's quiet, empathetic, and a gifted healer. at one point surprises her family by filling up her usually-dark room with countless hanging lanterns. she also harbors the power to bring the "silence" and destroy the universe. typical INFP, no? ;)
michiru - INFJ
  • she is very sophisticated and reserved. like rei, one of michiru's strongest functions is definitely iNtuition, but i suspect hers is Ni. it's better at foretelling the future than rei's. her emotion, as she channels it through art and music, is obviously deeply moving. she dove in front of haruka, risking hurting her violin arm (and therefore sacrificing her dream of being a violinist) for haruka for an irrational cause - it was haruka's destiny to become a senshi. she flirts frequently with haruka, and occasionally with others (Fe). and a few dramatic quotes: "as long as i can be with you (haruka), i'll do anything." "no, i can't go on without you!" she expresses sorrow that she may have to hurt others or sacrifice herself but is fiercly dedicated to saving the world for the greater good.
haruka - ESTP
  • a racecar driver, haruka is always talking about the rush of the wind and other sensory details (Se). she excels by bounds in every sport she participates in - racing, track, and motorcross amongst them. she's quieter when she's reflecting and analyzing (Ti) and plays with things in her hands (i'm thinking of the scene with michiru playing violin on stange and haruka tossing a lemon) - and has a penchant for teasing pretty girls! (Se) she also, significantly, races and runs to get away from herself - she's definitely not I. i think she's just a quieter-than-normal E - if you watch her interact with others, she's often the first to say something and very forceful about it. she leads conversation. i also suspect she's more of a P, a rule bender if you will...
setsuna - INTJ
  • quiet and serious (IxxJ), setsuna is a level-headed theoretical physicist (NT). she controls spacetime and also harbors the most deadly power of all the senshi. doesn't that just seem so INTJ? :D
rini/chibiusa - ENFP
  • curious, adorable, caring but manipulative and snarky. and she tells some guy lamenting his crush's disinterest to not give up, but "think like a winner!"
darien/mamoru - INTJ
  • he's reserved, logical, decisive, and, despite having no past, generally seems to know what he needs to do next (Ni).

true and true :yes:

let me know what ya think!

You are right about Serena being an enfp. Writers never really portray an enfp correctly look at Misa Misa on Death Note. We are very complex even at Serena age.
I agree on the others except amy she seem like an isfj.

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
usagi - ENFP Completely agree.

ami - ISTJ Nah, she's ISFJ. The Si is obvious, but she also was definitely an F. I think she was "given" substantial Te or Ni when it was convenient for the plot, but her MO as a character was gentle, helpful, considerate, and non-confrontational. Very F.

rei - ENTJ I go with ESTJ for her honestly. I see a lot of her conflict with Usagi in the series as NF vs. ST. In addition, I think Rei's defining quality was the capacity for practical leadership rather than particularly ambitious or far-thinking leadership. Her more "mystical" abilities make her seem more N. I can't say I'm as dead-set on this as other character types.

mina - ESFP Completely agree.

makoto - ISFP Completely agree.

hotaru - INFP I had previously thought more along the lines of INFJ, but now that I think about it...Fi dom makes sense.

michiru - INFJ I have already presented my thoughts on this. :)

haruka - ESTP I can only reassert ISTP (like 100% sure) because EVERY female ISTP I have met shares substantial characteristics with Haruka. The tomboyish, "lone wolf" persona is a signature of the type. Also, athletic and adrenaline-fueled interests are extremely common among ISTPs, so that can't just be an Se dom characteristic.

setsuna - INTJ Can certainly see it. This or ISTJ.

rini/chibiusa - ENFP I just can't even conceive of her type. My long-entrenched hatred of Rini just will not allow me to be impartial. lol

darien/mamoru - INTJ My gut feeling is an F-type of some sort.

Just my thoughts...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
usagi - ENFP Completely agree.

ami - ISTJ Nah, she's ISFJ. The Si is obvious, but she also was definitely an F. I think she was "given" substantial Te or Ni when it was convenient for the plot, but her MO as a character was gentle, helpful, considerate, and non-confrontational. Very F.

hmm, perhaps. she has a lot of conflicting stuff going on, like...

Ami has great appreciation for art as well as science, and, contrary to the usual depiction of a bookworm, even enjoys pop culture and romance novels (though she is usually embarrassed to admit it).

but

Love letters are listed as the one thing she has most trouble with, and when she later receives one, it gives her a rash.

and

Besides reading, Ami is shown playing chess and swimming in order to relax. As the team scholar, computers are listed her strong point; she even belongs to the club at school. She loves all her classes, especially mathematics.

and, interestingly

Creator Naoko Takeuchi designed Ami as the "team brain," giving her genius-level intelligence to create the impression that she was not quite human—in fact, the character was originally intended to be a cyborg with an accelerator. One possible storyline involved her losing an arm or being injured in some other way and dying from it, but Takeuchi's editor objected, so Ami became a fully human character.

i guess mostly i don't see why a Thinker couldn't be kind and gentle. it's the same thing for me with mamoru. i feel like they both use logic first and foremost, which is why i type them as T, but they care about people, too, making them kind and warm.

rei - ENTJ I go with ESTJ for her honestly. I see a lot of her conflict with Usagi in the series as NF vs. ST. In addition, I think Rei's defining quality was the capacity for practical leadership rather than particularly ambitious or far-thinking leadership. Her more "mystical" abilities make her seem more N. I can't say I'm as dead-set on this as other character types.

yeahhh. she does more like a sensor, and the whole ESTJ thing makes sense with her desire to fulfill tradition. i'd been trying to account for the automatic shoujo additions/plot devices of romanticism and touchy-feeliness, but i didn't even think about the addition of "magicalness" which N can certainly be a part of.

mina - ESFP Completely agree.

makoto - ISFP Completely agree.

hotaru - INFP I had previously thought more along the lines of INFJ, but now that I think about it...Fi dom makes sense.

i had actually thought INFJ initially too, but FiNe makes more sense to me for her than NiFe. maybe INFJ, i'm torn.

michiru - INFJ I have already presented my thoughts on this.

lol yeah, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one ;)

haruka - ESTP I can only reassert ISTP (like 100% sure) because EVERY female ISTP I have met shares substantial characteristics with Haruka. The tomboyish, "lone wolf" persona is a signature of the type. Also, athletic and adrenaline-fueled interests are extremely common among ISTPs, so that can't just be an Se dom characteristic.

haha, yeah? i don't think i know very many female ISTPs, at least not well enough to have tried to type them. i do agree that upon reflection she seems more all-over like an introvert. i totally agree with "lone wolf" and i can see her being ISTP. to be honest, part of my typing her as ESTP was that i thought it was nifty for her and michiru to be letter opposites, lol...

setsuna - INTJ Can certainly see it. This or ISTJ.

yeah, the outers are hard. they don't get a ton of screentime.

rini/chibiusa - ENFP I just can't even conceive of her type. My long-entrenched hatred of Rini just will not allow me to be impartial. lol

lmao i feel like everyone hates her :laugh: i do think she's cute, if a brat. but cmon, if you were raised by usagi...

darien/mamoru - INTJ My gut feeling is an F-type of some sort.

really? i thought his humor was always pretty NT. he teases usagi about her "meatball head" all the time. he's certainly sweet - especially when he gives ami that little pep talk at one point - but of course the male counterpart to the heroine in a part-romance story would have to be sweet. the wiki says "The manga tends to show Mamoru as quiet, studious, mysterious and stoic" - he seems very consistent and is even very calm in crises, as opposed to usagi who is so overwhelmed with emotion that she is sometimes paralyzed... haha poor usagi. she matures a TON though. though if you are INTJ, sometimes it's easy to tell when someone does not share your type :yes:

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, the fact that I am an INTJ *and a female* probably makes it more difficult for me to distinguish between all the INXJ's.Is Darien a regular NT or a masculinized (at least as much as you can be throwing roses...) NF? Hmmm...I actually might end up arguing against myself now that I think about it, because I think whatever Neptune is, Darien is. They both seemed liked very similar minds. In fact, didn't Serena get worried/jealous one episode because the two of them got along so well? Or did I make that up?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, the fact that I am an INTJ *and a female* probably makes it more difficult for me to distinguish between all the INXJ's.Is Darien a regular NT or a masculinized (at least as much as you can be throwing roses...) NF? Hmmm...I actually might end up arguing against myself now that I think about it, because I think whatever Neptune is, Darien is. They both seemed liked very similar minds. In fact, didn't Serena get worried/jealous one episode because the two of them got along so well? Or did I make that up?

lol i dunno!! i remember reading somewhere that neptune flirts with mamoru in the manga to kinda parallel haruka flirting with usagi, and of course haruka and mamoru are cool with it, and michiru seems a little bit annoyed but is tolerant enough, but usagi is SERIOUSLY NOT HAPPY hahahah

it's really funny sharing a type with usagi because she's so immature in the early seasons, which is what i used to watch the most. i actually do share a lot of traits with her, but i don't think back then i would have ever guessed us to be "kindred". actually it's also really funny that, like usagi, i aspire to be more like michiru, whatever type she may be... usagi i think did fulfill that as she matured throughout the series, hopefully that will be my pattern too :yes:

Antsers

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sailor Moon: ENFP

Sailor Chubby Moon: ENFP

Tuxedo Mask: ISTJ

Mercury: ISFJ

Mars: ESFP

Jupiter: ESTJ

Venus: ENFP

Pluto: ISTJ

Uranus: ESTJ

Neptune: ISFP

Saturn: ISTJ

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
^Jupiter to ESTP. Unsure about Uranus. Possibly INFJ for Neptune. Otherwise, I agree.