• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scarface

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The 1980s film starring Al Pacino.

Tony has already been typed as an ENTJ, but the film hasn't had it's own thread as far as I'm aware.

Tony Montana: ENTJ
Manny: ESFP
Elvira: INTP
Frank: ESTP

Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The others, by the way, I can't find decent reason to disagree with, so "Nice work." They're characters, so rarely exact.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The others, by the way, I can't find decent reason to disagree with, so "Nice work." They're characters, so rarely exact.

F'sure, but the thread is what it is- just a bit of fun. :)

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
SO SAY GOOD NIGHT TO THE BAD GUY!!!!!!!

one of the best movies ever!

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
Please don't tell me that Tony Montana is an N. I take that as an insult.

I think ESTJ is accurate. Personally I couldn't stand the character; to me it's sad that some people actually idolize him. I trust that you aren't any of those people though.

Didn't really get the greatness of the move, please explain. I know one explanation to my disliking of the film is that I don't like, and am generally pretty disappointed by, closure.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Please don't tell me that Tony Montana is an N. I take that as an insult.

I think ESTJ is accurate. Personally I couldn't stand the character; to me it's sad that some people actually idolize him. I trust that you aren't any of those people though.

Didn't really get the greatness of the move, please explain. I know one explanation to my disliking of the film is that I don't like, and am generally pretty disappointed by, closure.

I think he is definitely an N. He is always thinking about the future possibilities and the big picture to get an edge. He sized up Frank's weaknesses right from the beginning, and he was always using his insight into the American underworld.

Cenara

I always viewed Tony Montana as an ESTP. ENTJ, no. Tony is a risk-taker and although he liked to play around with a future picture, most if not all of his solutions were decided quickly on the moment upon finding out what the problem was. He was risky, not exactly a planner.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I always viewed Tony Montana as an ESTP. ENTJ, no. Tony is a risk-taker and although he liked to play around with a future picture, most if not all of his solutions were decided quickly on the moment upon finding out what the problem was. He was risky, not exactly a planner.

I disagree. He was a schemer, and his rise to the top was planned right from the beginning.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I disagree. He was a schemer, and his rise to the top was planned right from the beginning.

THIS, how it works on so many levels, with people idolizing or despizing Tony, is just one of the reasons why the movie is so good. In my view, it is a tragic cautionary tale or how near absolute power corrupts absolutely.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8

Agree. The CHARACTER is ESTP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The 1980s film starring Al Pacino.

Tony has already been typed as an ENTJ, but the film hasn't had it's own thread as far as I'm aware.

Tony Montana: ENTJ
Manny: ESFP
Elvira: INTP
Frank: ESTP

So, so wrong...

Tony Montana: ESTP
Manny: ISFJ
Elvira: ISTP
Gina: ISFP
Frank: ESTJ
Mama: ESTJ
Sosa: ENTJ

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think so. Manny is the archetype of the good, quiet and faithful friend. He's very reliable and value more his past engagments rather than the present opportunities. Tony is a real extraverted sensor, but the orientation of energy is clearly different with Manny.

R

Riva

I don't think so. Manny is the archetype of the good, quiet and faithful friend. He's very reliable and value more his past engagments rather than the present opportunities. Tony is a real extraverted sensor, but the orientation of energy is clearly different with Manny.

Manny is not quiet at all.
ESFP are the most faithful, good, reliable friends I have.

ISFJs are not.
ISFJs i know, and I know plenty are cowards who'll never get your back when you are in real shit.
They try to make peace at the expense of actions or results.
ISFJ = cowards + sponges
ISFJ loyalty is over rated.

Manny is the opposite of that.
He takes action.
He has fun.
He hits on his best friends sister (ESFP) knowing how dangerous he is.
He is impulsive.
He doesn't give a shit about tomorrow.

What else do you need???