• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gwen Stefani

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Well if you come away......With more than you ever thought you could.....Tell me I'm right someday, and have always understood.

I think you'll die someday.....For if you don't you would be unusual......But I hope you hesitate.....Before you give in to the world."

Those are some Ti lyrics for you, CAN YOU TELL. I'm turning into CC here so I'm getting pretty familiar with the whole ENFP thing.

Jack's in lurrrrvvvv *snigger*

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
A. Exactly my point. My supposed function order is Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, and I wrote those.

B. Exactly my point. Almost anyone can write good heartfelt lyrics.

Edit: Apparently the post I was responding to was deleted.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
A. Exactly my point. My supposed function order is Ti-Ne-Si-Fe, and I wrote those.

B. Exactly my point. Almost anyone can write good heartfelt lyrics.
My apologies, I thought those were Gwen's :D

Those were pretty good, btw.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh, can't say I'm convinced on the ENFP-ness. She doesn't remind me of the ENFP's I know, but what do I know.

I don't really think Fi-sounding lyrics point to Fi being a dominant function. I mean, songwriting is an outlet for Fi-ness for ANY personality type, in my opinion.

Just found this video -- thought it was kinda interesting, because it shows her in more of a 'natural' state (also when she was quite young - about 21-22)-- not an official interview, very low-key. You have to skip to the 30-second mark before the video actually begins.

YouTube - Discovering Gwen Stefani 1991, before she was a star

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Just a general thing I want to say: Even though it may logically seem like an Fe user would be likely to be the friendlier one, it seems like the opposite with NF's.

Intuitive Fe's (INFJ's and ENFJ's) seem a lot more serious as opposed to the Intuitive Fi's (INFP's and ENFP's) who are much more charming and laid-back. INFJ's can tend to look really serious and often have monotone voice-patterns. INFJ's in particular are much more lethargic and "cold on the outside" than you may expect an Fe-user to be, I've noticed. I think it may be the Ni which makes us seem a lot more detached (because we are). I once had a kid walk up to me and the first thing he said was "You look like a pothead" :shock:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Eh, can't say I'm convinced on the ENFP-ness. She doesn't remind me of the ENFP's I know, but what do I know.

I don't really think Fi-sounding lyrics point to Fi being a dominant function. I mean, songwriting is an outlet for Fi-ness for ANY personality type, in my opinion.

Just found this video -- thought it was kinda interesting, because it shows her in more of a 'natural' state (also when she was quite young - about 21-22)-- not an official interview, very low-key. You have to skip to the 30-second mark before the video actually begins.

YouTube - Discovering Gwen Stefani 1991, before she was a star
We completely agree, but not only did I post that (in other words), I posted that video. LOL.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Meh, I guess I'll just have to agree to disagree with everyone.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'll have to respectfully disagree. Fe-users seem to send more general societal messages with their work. Bob Dylan is an example. Britney Spears also comes to mind with that womanizer song she made and she said that she wrote it as inspiration for all the women in the world being cheated on by their bf's/hubbies.

Gwen, on the other hand, doesn't really seem to be trying to send those kinds of messages with her songs. She's always writing about personal journeys or personal messages and emotional things that happen to her. Very very Fi. Beyond a doubt for me. But that's just my opinion.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think that your lyrics seem a bit more borderline. If I knew that you were an Fi user, I might be tempted to call them Fi. Since I know that you're Ti, I can see it as you just analyzing yourself. Simply putting things in lyrical form can make things look like they have an emotional connotation, though.

When it comes to Gwen, you can see the emotion in her lyrics. When she says things like "Don't tell me cuz it hurts," it seems much more Fi.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gwen, on the other hand, doesn't really seem to be trying to send those kinds of messages with her songs. She's always writing about personal journeys or personal messages and emotional things that happen to her. Very very Fi. Beyond a doubt for me. But that's just my opinion.

Sure, it could be very very Fi. But I still don't think that 'proves' a whole lot. I mean, my journals, or my blog, for example. Almost everything I write about in them is my own personal journey and emotional stuff. Very self-focused, very self-absorbed, and little societal stuff. If I was actually good at poetry/lyrics, I'd venture to say I'd write similar personal/emotional stuff, and it would be possibly bleeding with Fi.

But outsiders call me INFJ, and say my Fe is obvious.

Truly, I know what you're saying, but I think when you get into artistic endeavors, it can get a bit murkier. Of course that's just my opinion. And it's not like I'm saying Gwen is definitively not an ENFP -- she just doesn't seem nearly quirky/off-the-wall/random (I don't mean any of those in a negative connotation) as I would expect an ENFP/Ne-dominant to be. But again - I'm kinda 'meh' about mbti these days anyway, so you probably shouldn't listen to me. ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I can haz feelings too?

I might even say Fe for "Don't tell me 'cause it hurts."

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I might even say Fe for "Don't tell me 'cause it hurts."
Yea, I see what you're saying and I agree. I also see what you guys are saying about how it can be a lot murkier when it comes to music. I guess that I'm still basing my ENFP-opinion on Gwen's general bubbliness and the way she talks about herself, and I'm still pretty sure about it.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm - ENFP does make sense
ESFP makes a bit more sense
that way she'd have Se and Fi and....Ni to give her that fantasy thing

the sweet escape - tragic kingdom
yada yada

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yea, I see what you're saying and I agree. I also see what you guys are saying about how it can be a lot murkier when it comes to music. I guess that I'm still basing my ENFP-opinion on Gwen's general bubbliness and the way she talks about herself, and I'm still pretty sure about it.
At least we're speaking the same language now. :)

AvereX: I can't force the S in in any way. She's just too...."N" to be ESFP.