• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ronald Reagan

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bill Clinton could indeed be an NF, since his #1 interest is his own image. Keirsey typed him as ESFP, which is possible too.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
BEEP BEEP LOGIC ERROR

eh, it's just that I'm so schooled in ethics of the whole type stuff that unless we're in a bar late at night I can't bring myself to speculate about living souls who think they know who they are...

At least not out loud

heart

heart on fire
Responding to Jeffster: That's true about Clinton, but it's also true about most politicans. Egoless people don't tend to be driven to public office.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Responding to Jeffster: That's true about Clinton, but it's also true about most politicans. Egoless people don't tend to be driven to public office.

Yeah...we assume dangerous things like "People should be fair" or "Everyone's really on the same side...the side of humankind..."

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

There's a difference between ego and your #1 concern being your own image. Our current president is the anti-Clinton in that area, he doesn't give a damn how low his "approval rating" sinks, while Clinton probably would have offed himself if it had ever fallen into the 20's.

heart

heart on fire
There's a difference between ego and your #1 concern being your own image. Our current president is the anti-Clinton in that area, he doesn't give a damn how low his "approval rating" sinks, while Clinton probably would have offed himself if it had ever fallen into the 20's.

Sure Jeff, sure. Democrats: bad, bad! Republicans: Good! Good!

Seriously, I used to drink the kool-aid too. ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sure Jeff, sure. Democrats: bad, bad! Republicans: Good! Good!

Seriously, I used to drink the kool-aid too. ;)

That has nothing to do with what I said. It's not a party thing. Do you want me to list Republicans who govern by the polls too? I'd be happy to.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

And the Current Occupant parachuted onto a carrier because...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Getting back to Ronald Reagan....

I have a book called "I love you, Ronnie" which is a collection of letters he wrote to Nancy Reagan over the course of their 50 year marriage. They're all scanned and in his original handwritting and on letterhead from various places that he's stayed, including The White House. It's the sweetest thing ever.

He was such a eloquent and poignant writer and above all, a loving man. It's precious. If ever I have any doubt that long-lasting love can exist, this book is proof of that.

Here are a couple examples. I wonder does this change anyone's guess of his type?

(*Warning: This may be vomit inducing for anti-romantics*)

~~

The White House

Washington

March 4, 1981

Dear First Lady,

As Pres, of the U.S. It is my honor + priviledge to cite you for service above + beyond the call of duty in that you have made one man (me) the most happy man in the world for 29 years.

Beginning in 1951 Nancy Davis seeing the plight of a lonely man who didn't know how lonely he really was determined to rescue him from a completely empty life. Refusing to be rebuffed by a certain amount of stupidity on his part she ignored his somewhat slow response. With patience + tenderness she gradually brought the light of understanding to his darkened, obtuse mind and he discovered the joy of loving someone with all his heart.

Nancy Davis then went on to bring him happiness for the next 29 years as Nancy Davis Reagan for which she has received + will continue to receive his undying devotion forever + ever.

She has done this in spite of the fact that he still cant find the words to tell her how lost he would be without her. He sits in the Oval office from which he can see (if he scrooches down) her window and feels warm all over just knowing she is there.

The above is the statement of the man who benefited from her act of heroism.

The below is his signature.

(Signature of Ronald Reagan - Pres. of the U.S.)

P.S. He - I mean I, love and adore you.

~~

From the inside jacket of the back cover:

March 4, 1963

My Darling,

This is really just an in-between day. It is a day on which I love you three hundred and sixty-five days more than I did a year ago and three hundred and sixty-five days less than I will a year from now.

But I wonder how I lived at all for all the three hundred and sixty-five before I met you.

All my love,

Your Husband.

~~

What say you?

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanna say ISTP 9w9-2w3-7w8 so/sp.