• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Viktor Frankl

Lotr246

What type is the famous psychiatrist and author of Man's Search for Meaning?

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Off the top of my head, I would guess INFJ.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lol, I was about to say that he could be an INFJ!

I think he is Ni/Ti

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sigh.
Here we go -- the infamous INTP vs INFJ type confusion.
(Darn that Ti primary/tertiary!)

Lotr246

I always thought he was INFJ. Here are some quotes from his book that made me think so:

"What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general, but rather the specific meaning of a person's life at a given moment."

"A man who becomes conscious of the responsibility he bears toward a human being who affectionately waits for him, or to an unfinished work, will never be able to throw away his life. He knows the "why" for his existence, and will be able to bear almost any "how."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life - daily and hourly. Our answer must consist, not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual."

"I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry and human thought and belief have to impart: The salvation of man is through love and in love."

Also, he seems to have flashes of insights in his story and uses signs as a way to make sense of things. At one point, he talks about trying to decide to stay with his family, or move away to study his profession. He notices one of the ten commandments, that says "Honor thy mother and father", at one point, and decides to remain with them. This seems INFJ to me. Do you think it could be INFP though too?

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Sigh.
Here we go -- the infamous INTP vs INFJ type confusion.
(Darn that Ti primary/tertiary!)

Frankl is a shining example of the NF Idealist temperament. His temperamental preferences come through so loud and clear in Man's Search for Meaning. I :wubbie: him too. MY ENFJ hubby encouraged me to read that book last year, and I was fascinated by Frankl's personality.

Sarah
ISFP

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just went through it again, screamed infj to me.