• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IxTx, introverted and logical female love stories

kiwi0fruit

I'm looking for a specific female characters from movies or other media (anime, manga, comics, TV series, books...) with an enough developed romance story. It should be stories where there is enough hope for successful love-story ending for such characters. There are many media where there is clearly no hope for such characters and they have unrequited love. Or such characters are friends only. Or there are media without romance at all. This is not what I'm looking for.

And these female characters should be:

- Introverted "emotionless girls"
- or kuuderes
- or logical thinking danderes that are not very emotional inside. That do not loose their head. May be even not good at relationship establishment — do not see other peoples relationships or do not pay attention to it (but this is not always the case).
- that are non violent and non aggressive. At least she does not force other people to do what she wants (or stop doing something​) violently or aggressively.

But there are more than that. This type of characters is actually IxTx (INTJ, INTP, ISTJ, ISTP) personality types from MBTI. But it's also a non violent non aggressive personality (see above for details). This is in most cases valid for INTx, but sometimes is not valid for ISTx. I means introverted, T means prefering logical reasoning over feelings and togeter (IxTx) they give smart and reserved personality, sometimes it's a shy personality, sometimes not. Smartness is about analisys and intelligense but not in knowing other people feelings and relationships (or they simply see relationships as something logical). Sometimes such characters simply lack interest or skills in feelings and relationships (it may look like social bluntness) but there is also no information about them being smart or logical (it's out of the narration).

Movies, anime films and TV series that I've already encontered and enjoyed:

1. Star Trek: Enterprise [TV series] - T'Pol
2. ShakespeaRe-Told, The Taming of the Shrew [movie] - Kate Minola
3. Plyus odin [movie] - Masha
4. Moonrise Kingdom [movie] - Suzy Bishop [I'm not sure that she is IxTx.]
5. Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality [book] - Hermione Granger [I'm not sure that she is IxTx.]
6. Addams Family Values [movie] - Wednesday Addams
7. Aura: Koga Maryuin's Last War [anime film] - Ryouko Satou (Aura: Maryuuin Kouga Saigo no Tatakai)
8. Paprika [anime film] - Atsuko Chiba [Small story of side characters actually.]
9. Daria [animated TV series] - Daria Morgendorffer

Anime series and manga that I enjoyed:

1. HenNeko - Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko, The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat)
2. ReLIFE - Chizuru Hishiro
3. Angel beats! - Kanade Tachibana
4. Noucome - Furano Yukihira [Aggressive. But aggression is kinda fake: she does not use it to force her will.]
5. OreGairu - Yukino Yukinoshita (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
6. My little monster - Shizuku Mizutani (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun)
7. Is This a Zombie? - Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie desuka?)
8. Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou - Ritsu Kawai
9. Last Game [manga] - Mikoto Kujou
10. Electromagnetic Girlfriend - Ame Ochibana (Denpateki na Kanojo)
11. FLCL - Eri Ninamori (Furi Kuri) [Not enough personal traits were shown so may be she does not fit.]
12. From Me to You - Sawako Kuronuma (Kimi ni Todoke) [She is more like chimera than IxTx but still is closer to IxTx. Also characters seem to be a bit stupid. But funny anyway.]
13. Acchi Kocchi - Tsumiki Miniwa [Aggressive. But aggression is kinda fake: she does not use it to force her will.]
14. Darker than Black - Yin [Though she does not have much story time.]
15. Nazo no Kanojo X - Mikoto Urabe
16. The Tatami Galaxy - Akashi (Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei) [Though she does not have much story time.]
17. Log Horizon - Akatsuki
18. D-Frag! - Roka Shibasaki [I'm not sure that she is IxTx.]
19. Sweetness & Lightning - Kotori Iida (Amaama to Inazuma) [I'm not sure that she is IxTx.]
20. Ouran High School Host Club - Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran Koukou Host Club)
21. Ben-To - Sen Yarizui

Anime series that I didn't enjoy (mostly consist of anime that I've dropped early. So I can't really comment on it or be sure):

1. The Pet Girl of Sakurasou - Mashiro Shiina (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
2. Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - Urara Shiraishi (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo)
3. Gosick - Victorique de Blois
4. Heaven's Lost Property - Ikaros (Sora no Otoshimono)
5. Neon Genesis Evangelion - Rei Ayanami
6. Rokka no Yuusha - Fremy Speeddraw
7. Kokoro Connect - Himeko Inaba
8. Witch Craft Works - Ayaka Kagari
9. True Tears [They say that the two main leads are kuuderes. But I've dropped the first episode before I saw them so I don't know whether it's true.]
10. Amagami SS - Ai Nanasaki (13-16 episodes) [I've dropped it so I'm not sure that she is IxTx.]
11. Kimikiss Pure Rouge - Eriko Futami [I've dropped it so I'm not sure that she is IxTx.]
12. Nourin - Ringo Kinoshita [I've dropped it so I'm not sure that she is IxTx.]
13. DanMachi - Ais Wallenstein (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)

Examples with aggressive/violent IxTx (not a fake aggression):

1. Bakemonogatari - Hitagi Senjougahara
2. Amagi Brilliant Park - Isuzu Sento [I didn't enjoy it.]

If you feel like you'd like to add aggressive/violent IxTx female characters to the list then please go ahead.

Examples that does not fit:

1. Melancholy / Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Yuki Nagato. [The anime is great but the love story is doomed from the begining.]
2. Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl - Erio Touwa, Maekawa (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko) [Both Erio and Maekawa seem to be IxTx (not sure about Erio) but the main lead is Ryuuko Mifune. Despite the fact that it doesn't fit I really enjoyed it.]

Mei Tachibana from Say "I love you" (Sukitte Ii na yo) seems to be more oriented to feelings than to logical reasoning. And she lacks the charm of straightforwardness that kuuderes often have (straightforwardness slightly higher than shyness is also good). Same is for:

1. The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - Yuki Nagato
2. Say "I love you" - Mei Tachibana (Sukitte Ii na yo)

There are some interesting male characters with these personality traits:

1. OreGairu - Hachiman Hikigaya (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
2. Koimonogatari - Deishuu Kaiki (Monogatari Series: Second Season) [Unrequited love.]
3. Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell [TV series] - Mr Norrell [No love story, only good friendship story but it deserves mentioning because this kind of personality is so rare in movies.]
4. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen [movie] - Alfred Jones [Asperger's actually]

If you feel like you'd like to add male characters to the list then please go ahead.

UPD

Crosspost from this forum.