• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Adam-12: GREAT Display Of Thinking Vs. Feeling

LauraIngallsWalton

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey everyone! I love the old 60's cop show Adam-12. As I was watching the other day, I realized something. This show gives a great contrast of a person with thinking tendancies and a person with feeling tendancies.

Adam12.jpg

Take the two main characters for example: Officer Pete Malloy and Officer Jim Reed. First off, you have experienced, veteran cop Pete Malloy. Malloy is very logical, unbiased, and steady. He makes his decisions based on facts and reason. This sometimes makes him look slightly cold and standoffish, but he does a great job in keeping an unbiased opinion and making the best decision for everyone.

Now let's look at Malloy's partner, rookie Jim Reed. Reed is very sensitive, caring, and often gets too emotionally involved in cases. He's very empathetic and is great at feeling other people's hurts, but he is so good at this that it sometimes weighs too greatly on him. If you watch, he makes his decisions based on how he's feeling and the people involved. Does anyone else think this is a great example of how Thinking and Feeling are different? Malloy is the Thinker, while Reed is the Feeler. I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I thought it was a pretty example of the difference. :)