• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Roger Ebert

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What is his type?

INFJ

Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INFP, probably. I've read about 3,000 of his reviews, so I may think about this more.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
If he's INFP, he's a cranky one.
Read his reviews of politically oriented movies. He seems to review them based on content, which goes against what he actually preaches about film, which seems very F-decision to me.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Read his reviews of politically oriented movies. He seems to review them based on content, which goes against what he actually preaches about film, which seems very F-decision to me.

OK, I'll go with INFP. Will edit OP

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
If he's INFP, he's a cranky one.
Yes, he does seem quite cranky. I was thinking some kind of NTJ, but then I remember his review of Into the Wild, where at the end, after actually reviewing the movie, he talked about his neighbor and childhood friend who, like the guy in the movie, had gone on a crazy journy only to be found dead in a battlefeild between central american revolutionary armies or something like that. It was all very emotional, really, it was like "I didn't just understand Chris McCandles by watching this movie, but I knew him my whole life".

With that in mind INFP seems more likely.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Care to illustrate?

I think we all agree on the INF part, which I think it's quite clear he is, so concerning P vs. J; no P could so diligently and anally watch and review movies as much as he does, strong work ethic. He's also extremely opinionated, which is basically his job to be.

Check out this INFJ description:

INFJs place great importance on having things orderly and systematic in their outer world. They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives. On the other hand, NFJs operate within themselves on an intuitive basis which is entirely spontaneous. They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it. Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions.

Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else. This may result in an INFJ stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions. They believe that they're right. On the other hand, INFJ is a perfectionist who doubts that they are living up to their full potential.

Portrait of an INFJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Another vote for INFJ. I've never voted in any of these "type a celebrity" threads, but Roger Ebert is very dear to me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would have said ENFJ, myself.

But anyway, I lost respect for him after he slammed video games for not being art.

He also tends to like movies that take place or are filmed in Chicago.

Royal Xavier

MBTI Type
INXP
I've seen some of his reviews on YouTube, and he seems like an INFJ to me. He sort of reminds me of my grandfather, whom I believe to be an INFJ.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
How comes it that no celeb bar Princess Diana (INFP) ever seems to have taken the MBTI test, or if they have, they are keeping the results secret from the rest of us!

It could save much conjecture!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
They're too busy bathing in $100 bills to care what their personality types are.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Or, it's that most celebrities have the intellectual curiosity of a squirrel.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Or, you know, they don't tattoo their MBTI letters on their forehead. (But there's such a perfect spot for it next to their birth hour and Stanford-Benet score.)

Another vote for INFJ. (I love reading his reviews even though I frequently disagree with him about the quality of the movie.) He doesn't write about the movie so much as the experience of having seen the movie. He writes about the themes that core the movie or its central weakness- and his own experiences that tie into it and bring a richness to the experience.

Inferior reviewers put the movie through an up-down calculation machine.