• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] ISFP Characters

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen other threads about famous characters of particular personality types, and one perfect example of an ISFP came to my mind, so I thought it could start a thread where people could post other examples of ISFP characters.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Vianne Rocher played by Juliette Binoche in the 2000 movie "Chocolate"

Her character is a drifting gypsy who has a internal morality at odds with the more rigid morality of the little town in which she finds herself. During Lent when the townspeople are supposed to be depriving themselves of sensory pleasures, she opens a Chocolate shop that teases them with little indulgences. It turns out to be a very healing process for the people in the town, a perfect challenge to their structured, rigid approach to life. This is an excellent scene that is pure Fi-Se with a sprinkle of Ni.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My favorite ISFP is Zuko from Avatar The Last Airbender. He's also a counterphobic 6 and is a good contrast to the gentle, babyish, daydreamy ISFP stereotype.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^To think of other characters that aren't stereotypical daydreamy, does anyone think that either Daryl or Michonne from "Walking Dead" are ISFP? I think maybe Daryl is because he does have a strong ethical center, but perhaps Michonne is ISTP?

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Arya Stark is commonly typed as an ISFP :D I definitely see it. She has tons of Fi (which is why, even in the first season, she did her own thing instead of being feminine like Sansa) and I can see Se as well, because she prefers to take action and doesn't seem very daydreamy.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Étienne Lantier from Zola's Germinal. (ISFP, 864 sx/so, RLUxI)

He's a fictional character who led a violent coal miner's strike in 19th century France in an effort to incite revolution.
He is possessed by a naive idealism, but is chiefly action oriented and acts upon his impulses.
He is also sensitive, but tough, with a violent streak.

Renaud as Etienne from the 1993 film adaptation:
0WwYx25.png

Gypsy-Flux

Frank Frink – “The Man in the High Castle”

Marceline – “Adventure Time”

Winona Ryder in “Girl Interrupted” could qualify… now that I think about it a lot of characters she has played seem IxFP-ish ( I remember I used to have a crush on her when I was younger hahaha)

Maybe Hurley from “Lost”

Legolas – LOTR

Snufkin – “Moomins”

Phoebe – “Friends” (she reminds me of a girl I used to know… not so much ditzy, but very chill)

Maybe the girl from “The Ninth Gate” (a creepy isfp I guess lol)

Ryoga Hibiki – Ranma ½

Princess Aurora? - Sleeping Beauty

:thinking:

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Vanessa Ives (Penny Dreadful)
Rae (The Force Awakens)
Daenerys (GoT)

abigail_hobbs

MBTI Type
INTP
i was typed as isfp once and spent an hour looking up isfp characters from fiction, like the egomaniac i am. it is how i roll.

wilfred mott from doctor who (who is so cute honestly my fav character ever)
oliver twist (p. much all of charles dickens' protagonists are isfps who have undergone intense personal trauma tbh except for the odd istp, i think they were just kindof the sort of ppl he liked. and keirsey matches w his esfj)
jane bennet from pride and prejudice. also probably georgiana darcy
francis dolarhyde and margot verger from hannibal. ppl tend to type abigail hobbs as an isfj but idk she registers more as an isfp with me
loads of blatant self-insert chars from romance novels w unhealthy power imbalances and sadomasochism, notably bella swan and anastasia steele which often in their narrative are just taking advantage of the isfp traits of a good-natured and easygoing person to make synonymous with/glamorise ulta-submissiveness and navel gazing but there u go)

also, not fictional but two if my fav celebrity isfps are bob ross and st francis of assisi (he's p. much the archetypal isfp bc of his pacificism and relationship w animals)

Gabe_2

Babette of Babette's Feast

For real people, btw, I would guess the anime artist Miyazaki. The full-transcript of his oft-misinterpreted remark about "Otaku" fits the type very well, and from the movie's I've seen so far he seems to have a habit of writing auxiliary extraverted sensing into the male characters of his stories.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think The Dude (big lebowsky) is a good caricature of an ISFP male.

Agreed!

Winona Ryder in “Girl Interrupted” could qualify… now that I think about it a lot of characters she has played seem IxFP-ish ( I remember I used to have a crush on her when I was younger hahaha)

:

I did too, and specifically connected with Lydia from Beetlejuice who seems IxFP to me. And her character Kim from Edward Scissorhands as well.

Also, for some reason I'm thinking Leeloo from The Fifth Element might be ISFP?? :thinking:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The real-life person and how he was written in the biography 'Into the Wild', Chris MccCandless, was not an ISFP, but as portrayed in the movie Into the Wild, I think he was portrayed more as an ISFP.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Metal lee boruto lucy from elfen lied mizore from rosario vampire berserker from fate zero jean grey from xmen animated series terra from teen titans luke skywalker from star wars videl from dbz

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Claire Fraser from the Outlander series

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Benjamin "Benny" Lafitte - Supernatural
sn819b-0271b.jpg

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maria! from the Sound of Music
Although you can make a case for ESFP fairly strongly...
No, I take that back, she "Goes to the hills when her heart is lonely". Introvert

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I think Bilbo Baggins is an ISFP