• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Red vs Blue

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Other RT stuff welcome.

Reds
Sarge - ESTJ (8w7 sp/sx)
Grif - ESTP (7w6 sp/so)
Simmons - INFJ (1w9 so/sx)
Donut - ESFJ (9w1 sx/sp)
Lopez - ROBO (1w0 sp/so)

Blues
Chruch* - INTJ (4w5 sp/sx)
Caboose - ESTP (??? sx/so)
Tucker - ESFP (7w8 so/sp)
Sheila - ROBO (0w1 so/sp)
Sister - ExFP (Not enough screen time)

Unaffiliated

Doc - ISFJ (9w1 so/sx)
Project Freelancer
Tex - xSTP (8w9 sp/so)
Washington - ISTJ (7w6 so/sx)
Carolina - ENTJ (3w4 sp/sx)
York - ENFJ (2w1 sx/so)
North - INFJ (???)
South - ESTP (???)
CT - ENFP (???)

Chorus
Felix - ???? (???)
Locus - IxTJ (???)
Dr. Emily Gray - ENFP (???)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
...it's a long runner apparently? What makes it interesting? If it's not too much of a bother of course.

Technically, each "episode" on Netflix is actually an entire season, and the episodes themselves 5 or so minutes, but put together to be like a movie. It's a machinima and the humor is fantastic. To be honest, when my friend first made me watch it I wasn't that into it, by somewhere between season 2 and season 3 (which on Netflix will say episode 2 and episode 3) I was totally hooked.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Thanks for tagging me.
I have to say this, though, because credit is due where it must be due - a friend of mine has been typing some RvB characters, and I have basically matched their typing with what I could discern from canon. (I think I function better as an aux role anyway)

A few things that come to mind, keeping in mind soime of them will be quoted off the top of my head and therefore probably wrong, but, knowing myself, probably just SLIGHTLY wrong as opposed to horrendously wrong.

I can see where ESTJ for sarge is coming from, but his instinctive attention to possibilities, his incredibly strong attunement to personal morals/feelings make me type him as ENFP. (Ne-Fi.)

Felix: ESTP

• Dominant Se. He's very much being in the moment, in s14 (and some extent chorus seasons) he's usually the first to react.
  • Ti because Miles' piece about writing practise screams Ti - his definition of "humanity" works on if x then y level, not "most humans are empirically x, therefore humanity is y". He throws in some generalisations about some manifestations of humanity, etc etc because he knows the power of empircal values, but all his arguments are twisted for his own benefit, to justify his own bloodlust.
  • Fe - because it comes very easily to social manipulation and generally has quite a bit of affinity with Se.
  • Ni - feeling "empty" when the most likely outcome appears doomed (S14)

Locus-ISFJ (Looping in most -monster- episodes)
  • Si - his continual search for the idea of the soldier comes from the past; what is inculcated into him (his CO). Then he looks at past examples of soldiers, like Wash and Maine.
  • Fe - his concern for his fellow teammates, his ability to make peace when sharkface and felix get into a fight, authoritatively. His rationale for acting, where he truly shines, come forth here, BUT he's looping a lot, because that's what he thinks the ideal soldier should do. (In contrast, the reason Wash holds his own so well is because that Fi provides a personal compass, and Locus spends a lot of time trying to figure that part out.)
  • Ti - Si-Ti reinforcing each other: If soldiers act according to X (a suit of armour), and I am a soldier, then I must act according to X.
  • Ne: Si doms don't usually make life changes easily, but when pushed to the edge, it is usually a complete and utter change, and an alternative way of doing things since it requires everything that Si knows to be refuted completely. (S13 e19, my fave
)

Agree with Church (I know way too many INTJs and they all relate to him, plus, he's a lot like them), but I think Caboose is more of an iNtuitive. Just not a conventionally "smart" one (...I actually also disagree with conventional ideas of intelligence.)

Caboose:
  • likely an Fe-Ni-Se-Ti. Where he comes to shine is really his treatment of machines, which is entirely subjective and nowhere based off concrete observation (eg: the book where he talks about dogs having wifi and cats don't, and in an oddly symbollic way it makes some very strange sense.) He wants everyone to be happy and to be friends - Fe dom.

Other things I haven't bothered to proof:
North: ESFJ (Fe dom)
Grif: INFP (Fi dom, literally doesn't give a shit unless it's something he cares about, then he kicks into gear and starts doing things with alternative methods).
Simmons: Unhealthy ESFJ (This one I remember the rationale for and agree with it, but typing it out would take too long.)

Donut: I don't think he's a prominent Si user.
Doc: I realise it's a comedy, but he's got some weird ways of seeing the world that's not very concrete. One thing that comes to mind is a reason for not killing people: "Don't know, uhhh karma?" He does offer suggestions that would work, and stereotypes of how he is useless is, frankly, nothing but stereotypes, but I do think he has Fi-Te in his stack, and in this precise order. IxFp is my likely guess, with Ne or Se. I'd venture to say Ne, because he's good at thinking of different ways of doing things.

Can't comment on enneagrams.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
More PFL things (I haven't really paid attention to the plotline because it was incredibly convulated, but here's what I remember):
South
  • Se-Fi-Te-Ni, probably. ESFP.
  • Mostly just a guess from impulsivity (Se dom), Fi (believes her way is the right way with no Fe in sight), Te (does what it takes to get something she wants done as tert). Shows little to no sign of long term planning.

York
  • XNTP (though my friend says INTP)
  • Ti: Lockpicking, dealing with internal logic, is assigned with Delta
  • Ne: One of the first to think of the possibility that they're not the good guys.
  • Inferior Fe: "everytime you open your mouth, you make things worse"

Tex: ROBO
  • Original tex is up to anybody's guess. Too many conflicting portrayals of Tex to be able to accurately say which one is the real Tex, and all of them are remembered from various Church's perspectives, to boot.
  • But I'm guessing, mostly, from how she acts towards Church ("Not killing you is doing youa favour" it's probably ISTP (High Ti with low Fe), or ESTJ (High Te with low Fi).

I came here to post something else, but I forgot what it is. Scratches head...

PalebloodHunter

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So... there are no ENTPs on RvB. I get it. The lack of smart characters is what adds to the charming humour in the show.

/jk

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Grif: INFP (Fi dom, literally doesn't give a shit unless it's something he cares about, then he kicks into gear and starts doing things with alternative methods).

I agree with everything except this one. I'm pretty sure Grif is on the Ti/Fe axis. He's constantly using his ability to read the room to not do anything, raised his little sister, and is generally supportive. Granted that might be a little headcanon-y. Don't have any proof because I don't have the stamina to rewatch the series right now (season 15 confirmed though, so I'll get to it eventually).

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, I also disagree with Simmons being an ESFJ. He's definitely unhealthy but I think that's an enneagram thing, not an MBTI thing.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I agree with everything except this one. I'm pretty sure Grif is on the Ti/Fe axis. He's constantly using his ability to read the room to not do anything, raised his little sister, and is generally supportive. Granted that might be a little headcanon-y. Don't have any proof because I don't have the stamina to rewatch the series right now (season 15 confirmed though, so I'll get to it eventually).

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, I also disagree with Simmons being an ESFJ. He's definitely unhealthy but I think that's an enneagram thing, not an MBTI thing.

I think Fi-Te. Don't care about something -> don't do anything -> work hard at not doing anything that he doesn't care about.
Fi dom is very stubborn with a drive to do what he thinks is right. He puts his efforts to helping his sister because he cares abt her. Fi-Te is demonstrative when it comes to things that can be done- though weaker abt emotional support in that Fe way, which is warmer.

I'm actually not very emotionally invested in these two, so I can't really comment on Simmons.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A few typings from me

Sarge: ESTJ
Grif: ESTP
Simmons: ISTJ
Donut: ESFP
Lopez: for some reason I have trouble typing characters when it's between INTJ and ISTP

Church: Again with the INTJ/ISTP problem I have. I'm inclined to say INTJ because Te
Tucker: ESFP
Caboose: ENFP

Tex: ESTP
Doc: ESFJ

I'd have to rewatch the project freelancer arc before typing the freelancers. Though I think wash is an ISTJ.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
A few typings from me Sarge: ESTJ Grif: ESTP Simmons: ISTJ Donut: ESFP Lopez: for some reason I have trouble typing characters when it's between INTJ and ISTP Church: Again with the INTJ/ISTP problem I have. I'm inclined to say INTJ because Te Tucker: ESFP Caboose: ENFP Tex: ESTP Doc: ESFJ I'd have to rewatch the project freelancer arc before typing the freelancers. Though I think wash is an ISTJ.
Do watch the pfl bits. Wash lectures north and even the director at some point abt protocols. Its actually quite amusing and pretty much tert fi and aux te in action. (intj does that too, but in a less rules oriented, less concrete way). Cant really see the case for istp church - epsilon and alpha both. It would be more conducive for discussion with examining why.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Apparently, I'm bored enough to do this.

I've a hypothesis (that I know proof for is generally ... not that strong) that Sharkface is ISTP, mainly from the position that Se seems to occupy in his stacks.

"You're very efficient at administrating pain, Carolina, but pain is something I've learnt to live with."

Sharkface's shoulder is dislocated... Then he just twists it and fucking puts it back in place.

That was the part where I thought, "this guy has to be Se aux."

How'd I come to the conclusion where he's probably a T type?

It's the delivery of his voice in situations that aren't emotionally charged (because all thinking types have feelings too, yknow. It's just the preferences that are used in less ... ... emotionally... charged... situations...) "Is he always like that."

And of course, the part where he completely disregards the wind direction and zings himself.

Probably has learnt to shut off Se and go into looping mode.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
I stopped somewhere at season 10. Here's my list:

Red Vs Blue
Grif – ENTP
Simmon – xSFJ
Sarge – ESTJ
Lopez – ISTP
Church – ISTJ