• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Axl Rose

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
View attachment 17795

View attachment 17796

I've gotten into Guns N' Roses again and so that brings me to wonder about Axl Rose's personality type. There's few print interviews out there because he hates talking to the press, but I was able to dig up a few things. The same goes for any personable video interviews, but there are some "making of" videos of the Don't Cry/November Rain/Estranged music videos, which give great insight to the filming and behind the scenes.

I found the introduction Axl wrote to The Language of Fear and, again, spoiler cut, I've put some of it here. The intro was dated 1993.

And excerpts from a 2012 interview of his I found:

I read somewhere that typed him as INTP, which, I don't know.. I could agree with on the introversion part, I don't know, only based on his reclusion/dislike of doing press (because apparently whenever he speaks out, he's gotten sh*t for it.)
There's a 1992 Rolling Stone interview he did which is very eye-opening. I don't really want to go into details about One In A Million, regardless of how Axl means the song (I interpret it as something sarcastic), the slurs he used in the song, regardless that it was written so long ago, I just.. :dont:

In my personal opinion, I feel like the ball was always in Axl's court because he was a bit of a dictator with the band and everything, his ego definitely got in the way. I wouldn't really call it ego, but moreso his perfectionism. I'd almost put him at an enneagram type 1, with his itch for perfection... but he doesn't listen to anyone's clock except his own, being notoriously late for a lot of gigs and stuff. And Chinese Democracy took a long time to come out, but again, perfectionism. I've got some quotes on that/related to Chinese Democracy:

In 2003, DJ Eddie Trunk spoke about the demo of "I.R.S.", which was leaked on his radio show by New York Mets catcher Mike Piazza, stating "It reminded me of Use Your Illusion-era stuff, with some modern flairs to it. The song had a loop track in the beginning, but then, when it kicked in, it was that same dramatic Guns N' Roses hard rock."[61] During the launch party for Korn's 2006 tour, Rose conducted an interview with Rolling Stone and told the magazine:

It's a very complex record, I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses.' But you'll like at least a few songs on there.
[53]

(Here he doesn't sound that egotistical. Really, he's just a big perfectionist. I get that.)

"This I Love" is a song dating back to 1992 that Rose called "the heaviest thing I've written".[92] The song is a piano ballad with Rose singing to a former lover.[84] "Prostitute" is another orchestral lined power ballad that features the lyrics "Ask yourself, Why I would choose, To prostitute myself, To live with fortune and shame".[72][84] According to early producer Youth, Rose 'labored' over the song due to past successes weighing heavily on him.[93]

I don't really have any other things to type up or what else to say, and frankly writing all of this has kind of mentally exhausted me. :sleeping:

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He always struck me as xSTP, leaning toward ISTP.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would guess either ISFP or ISTP. 4w3 sx/sp.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
After reading more about MBTI, I would say he's INTP.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No, probably ISTP, my final guess.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm not sure if he's an introspective Eight or an aggressive Four.

raskol

Eminem is ESI-Se 6w5 sx/sp.
In other words, your system leads you to the conclusion that Eminem is an ESI/ISFj "guardian" (Хранитель), the conservatively oriented stoic that embraces the core values of society. Fi lead and Ne PoLR. A type that most of all prefers stability and continuity.

At this point I can't tell whether you're keeping up an elaborate comedy act or the base antics of a used-car salesman.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Not every cool celebrity is a Six. Six is over-typed.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Aside from the "volatile self-protective" qualities, how exactly is he a Six? No book or test I've ever seen would suggest that. (I was obsessed with him when I was younger, so I feel I would know this.)