• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Was T.E Lawrence an INFJ?

Elegiac

Wandering & Wondering
MBTI Type
INFP
Can someone please help me (preferably someone interested in history/historical people) figure out the MBTI of T.E Lawrence... (AKA. Ned, Lawrence of Arabia, TE Shaw). I'm thinking he was probably INFJ, but I'd like another opinion. I've read lots about him for the past 4-5 years.

View attachment 17797

(The real TE Lawrence by the way, not Peter O'Toole's portrayal). (Sorry movie buffs).

This was one of the very last pictures taken of Ned, circa February 1935, 4 months before he died.
View attachment 17803

This website contains quite a number of his letters to friends, family etc. It also contains the whole of, 'The Seven Pillars of Wisdom', 'The Mint' (my favourite), and a few others.

A few things I should note:
An enneagram website has listed him under type 4.
He was a masochist..
Had depression (and probably PTSD)
Highly intelligent from a young age.
Possibly asexual? Don't guarantee me on this though..

So of course, this would affect one's behaviour.
(May not fit into one type because of this?)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry I posted to tell you I am not a historical person but that I posted here to tell yes, I care for your thread, that I responded to it.

Never feel alone. :heart:

Elegiac

Wandering & Wondering
MBTI Type
INFP
Sorry I posted to tell you I am not a historical person but that I posted here to tell yes, I care for your thread, that I responded to it.

Never feel alone. :heart:

Hahaha thanks. Oh I meant people interested in historical people. Hahahaha.
But no seriously, if he was alive today he'd be an interesting friend to have. I've always wanted to meet an INFJ.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha thanks. Oh I meant people interested in historical people. Hahahaha.
But no seriously, if he was alive today he'd be an interesting friend to have. I've always wanted to meet an INFJ.

:whistling: Look no further. :newwink:

*looks off to the distance in a remotely awesome way*