User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 52

  1. #1
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,543

    Default The Conflict over Anakin's Personality Type Ends Here and Now


  2. #2
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    20,750

    Default

    What exactly is your payoff for posting utter crap?
    Who, if not you. When, if not now.


    Likes Psyclepath, Abendrot, Tater liked this post

  3. #3
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,543

    Default

    ^I don't talk to you.

    Also, the member who tried to claim that Anakin is an 8 because he acts 8 in the "parallel universe" also claimed the Lucas was deeply involved in that "parallel universe." According to Lucas's own words (above), he was lying. Of course he was, considering who said it. My argument was that the "parallel universe" Anakin doesn't count because it isn't Lucas's baby. Of course I was right.

  4. #4
    Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    16,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Also, the member who tried to claim that Anakin is an 8 because he acts 8 in the "parallel universe" also claimed the Lucas was deeply involved in that "parallel universe." According to Lucas's own words (above), he was lying. Of course he was, considering who said it. My argument was that the "parallel universe" Anakin doesn't count because it isn't Lucas's baby. Of course I was right.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi


    Likes Tater liked this post

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    Are you talking about @Elfboy? I think Elfboy is the only person in the history of the universe that has ever typed Anakin Skywalker as an 8...which he did because he personally wanted to be Anakin Skywalker as well as an 8 (he saw himself as a badass). <-There was maybe 4 guys total that thought Elfboy understood typology.


    ^^If this is what you are reacting to...you are currently making Elfboy look like an enneagram expert by comparison.

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Are you talking about @Elfboy? I think Elfboy is the only person in the history of the universe that has ever typed Anakin Skywalker as an 8...which he did because he personally wanted to be Anakin Skywalker as well as an 8 (he saw himself as a badass). <-There was maybe 4 guys total that thought Elfboy understood typology.


    ^^If this is what you are reacting to...you are currently making Elfboy look like an enneagram expert by comparison.
    It wasn't Elfboy, it was........... a friend of his. I'll remember his forum name eventually. So anyway, yeah, I was there so I would know.

    I typed Anakin as a 6. His counter move was to claim that Anakin is an 8 because of the cartoon and comic book versions of Star Wars which - he claimed - Lucas was involved in developing. But the OP quote shows that Lucas was not involved in that, even calling it a "parallel universe" and not his own Star Wars universe.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Psyclepath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    541 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Nobody understands the way Ti-doms reason. Trust me, I am one.
    I am exploiting others as guinea pigs to further my understanding of typology.

    I'm a Ti-Ne. My MBTI is listed as ENTJ because from dichotomies alone, that's my best fit.
    Likes uumlau liked this post

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It wasn't Elfboy, it was........... a friend of his. I'll remember his forum name eventually. So anyway, yeah, I was there so I would know.

    I typed Anakin as a 6. His counter move was to claim that Anakin is an 8 because of the cartoon and comic book versions of Star Wars which - he claimed - Lucas was involved in developing. But the OP quote shows that Lucas was not involved in that, even calling it a "parallel universe" and not his own Star Wars universe.
    Anakin is about as 6 as they come... its weird to me that people would think about that other shit.

  9. #9
    Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    16,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It wasn't Elfboy, it was........... a friend of his. I'll remember his forum name eventually. So anyway, yeah, I was there so I would know.

    I typed Anakin as a 6. His counter move was to claim that Anakin is an 8 because of the cartoon and comic book versions of Star Wars which - he claimed - Lucas was involved in developing. But the OP quote shows that Lucas was not involved in that, even calling it a "parallel universe" and not his own Star Wars universe.
    Ok, I wouldn't have been snarky if you gave me a little more information to go off. But if you don't remember, that's something entirely. You started the thread as though everyone would know what you were talking about, so it just came off as random. I suppose I'm guilty of the same of thing on occasion. My apologies.

    Personally I felt they did a better job with characterizing him in the Clone Wars series. They showed how he could go bad while also having him do heroic things. In the movies, it's like he's only good when he's a little kid, and by the time we see him next, he's already kinda started to go bad. I feel like the cartoon did a better job at connecting the dots with the kid Anakin and Vader. And that cartoon series is one of the few things other than the films that's canon from before the Disney era. So it's as relevant as anything.

    Although.... 6 does make a lot of sense for him, so that point is moot.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  10. #10
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Ok, I wouldn't have been snarky if you gave me a little more information to go off. But if you don't remember, that's something entirely. You started the thread as though everyone would know what you were talking about, so it just came off as random. I suppose I'm guilty of the same of thing on occasion. My apologies.

    Personally I felt they did a better job with characterizing him in the Clone Wars series. They showed how he could go bad while also having him do heroic things. In the movies, it's like he's only good when he's a little kid, and by the time we see him next, he's already kinda started to go bad. I feel like the cartoon did a better job at connecting the dots with the kid Anakin and Vader. And that cartoon series is one of the few things other than the films that's canon from before the Disney era. So it's as relevant as anything.

    Although.... 6 does make a lot of sense for him, so that point is moot.
    It's relevant for comparing how different writers develop the same character different ways, such as the two Kirks, the first from the Original Series and the second from the Star Trek movies, especially the last three. Kirk was very serious in the Original Series, but 20 years later he was more relaxed as if his enneagram wings had flipped.

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] Personality type, Brain Function, and Perception
    By INTJ123 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 08:38 PM
  2. Same Personality Types Rub Each Other The Wrong Way?
    By NashK in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 12:49 AM
  3. "The Real Personality Types Made Relevant" - Xeromag
    By Mikesen in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 07:20 AM
  4. Not living in the here and now?
    By Jeffster in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 08:11 PM
  5. The Novelty of Personality Types
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO