• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bands by MBTI type

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
How the fuck is rush ENTJ?

That shit is so lame.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Earth, Wind & Fire: ENFJ, lol!!!:rofl1:

earth-wind-and-fire-3.jpg
ewf.jpg

Electrical flOw

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Linkin Park:
Chester Bennington: ENFP type 7
Mike Shinoda :ENFJ
Joe Hahn: INFP

System of a Down:
Serj Tankian: ENTP
Daron Vartan Malakian:ESTP

Rise Against:
Tim McIlrath: ENFP type 7
Zach Blair: ESTP

Green Day:
Billie Joe Armstrong - ENFP type 4

Hollywood Undead:
Johnny 3 Tears: ENFP type 7
Deuce: ISFP or INFP
Charlie Scene: ISFP

Bullet for My Valentine:
Matthew Tuck: ENTP or ESTP

Escape The Fate:
Craig Mabbitt:ESFP or ESTP or ENFP type 2 or 4

Tatu:
Yulia Volkova: ENTP
Lena Katina: INFJ

Breaking Benjamin:
Benjamin Burnley: INFJ

Amy lee: INFJ

Skillet:
John Cooper: ENFP or INFJ
Korey Cooper: ISTP

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Disturbed: NFP vibe

Linkin Park:
Chester Bennington: ENFP type 7
Mike Shinoda :ENFJ
Joe Hahn: INFP

I think Chester is introverted. I had ISFP but I could see INFP. FP for sure.
Shinoda might be ENFP.
How are you typing non-lyricists (Hahn)?

Amy lee: INFJ

ESFP- watch "Anywhere But Home" behind the scenes on YouTube if there is any doubt. I thought she might be NF but I think she Se dominant after watching that. (Lyrics are also pretty Fi/Se, but she's very extraverted imo)

That said. Evanescence as a whole gives off an IxFP vibe imo.

Electrical flOw

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Chester is an ENFP type 7, his lyrics, the way he sing and his live performance all suggest that he is. I am sure about those guys who I typed them as an ENFP type 7, because I relate so much to their lyrics and the way they sing. They usually sing in an aggressive, rebellious and emotional way, they shift to emotional calm or happy way in other songs (ENFP ups and downs) I checked their interviews and it suggest the same.

YouTube - Linkin Park - Faint
YouTube - Rise Against - Prayer Of The Refugee
YouTube - Hollywood Undead - Young

P.S: Not all ENFPs are cheerful bears.

Shinoda is an ENFJ, he has constant mood lyrics, chill out guy and calm. He understand Chester.

Amy Lee is an ESFP?! This women is so NF, she is complex and abstract, she use a a lot of Ni.

I have known INFP songs are usually peaceful and calm ones, INFPs usually hide their negative emotions, and express the opposite.

Disturbed: Not sure. Heavy metal is usually by NTs or ESTPs.
NFPs usually Indie, alternative and punk rock.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What would you type the Chemical Brothers as?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Amy Lee is an ESFP?! This women is so NF, she is complex and abstract, she use a a lot of Ni.
Where? Can you give me some examples- interviews, lyrics, etc? I really don't see it!
Here's the Anywhere But Home behind the scenes, part 1: YouTube - Evanescence - Behind the scenes - PART 1 and a thread about her and others: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...2458-evanescence-disturbed-emilie-autumn.html
Soooo dom Se.
Also, if she is abstract, so am I.

I'll have to take your word on the others, or just disagree (which I do).

Disturbed: Not sure. Heavy metal is usually by NTs or ESTPs.
NFPs usually Indie, alternative and punk rock.

Interesting that you think Disturbed is heavy metal LOLOLOLOLOL.

Electrical flOw

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
:laugh:Do you think INFJ, will sit all the time alone and imagine. Every type have their chilling moment, I don't know how to explain it to you but I can see her clearly through my intuition. I think everyone would agree that she is an NF.

Interesting that you think Disturbed is heavy metal LOLOLOLOLOL.

Disturbed (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Though, I said before I am not sure about them.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
:laugh:Do you think INFJ, will sit all the time alone and imagine. Every type have their chilling moment, I don't know how to explain it to you but I can see her clearly through my intuition. I think everyone would agree that she is an NF.
She sits around alone and imagines? She longs for writing partners and threw people out of the band because they wouldn't/couldn't write with her and forced her to write alone. She really hates being alone. Well, who is everyone? Did you watch the ABH think I linked? Read that thread? Because everyone doesn't agree with you (read the thread and you'll see it).
P.S. If you have some kind of anti ESFP bias, let it go. I don't think she's stupid. She's pretty smart, and how often do you find someone with that kind of vocal range in rock. She's awesome, but she's also not an NF.

I don't really give two shits what wiki says, I still think it's hilarious. But I guess now, that's also hilarious, and so is everyone else who says they are heavy metal. haha.

EDIT: David Draiman is a blatant NFP, mostly obvious on the album Ten Thousand Fists.

Electrical flOw

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
She sits around alone and imagines? She longs for writing partners and threw people out of the band because they wouldn't/couldn't write with her and forced her to write alone. She really hates being alone. Well, who is everyone? Did you watch the ABH think I linked? Read that thread? Because everyone doesn't agree with you (read the thread and you'll see it).
P.S. If you have some kind of anti ESFP bias, let it go. I don't think she's stupid. She's pretty smart, and how often do you find someone with that kind of vocal range in rock. She's awesome, but she's also not an NF.

I don't really give two shits what wiki says, I still think it's hilarious. But I guess now, that's also hilarious, and so is everyone else who says they are heavy metal. haha.

EDIT: David Draiman is a blatant NFP, mostly obvious on the album Ten Thousand Fists.

Calm down man :laugh: , I am not anti ESFP or anything :laugh: . everyone has his own way to precive, it could be both of us wrong.

Your second point, I said I am not sure about them before. I didn't see much about them nor listened to them. I could agree with you.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Calm down man :laugh: , I am not anti ESFP or anything :laugh: . everyone has his own way to precive, it could be both of us wrong.

Your second point, I said I am not sure about them before. I didn't see much about them nor listened to them. I could agree with you.

I am quite calm, thanks. You seem to be so bent on her being an NF, that if she is not, your world view will be shattered. Did you read the thread? I bet not. So you keep saying "I don't have any evidence but I just FEEL she is an NF" and when I provide evidence, you ignore it. Clearly, you are not interested in actually typing her, just maintaining your illusion that she is an NF. (I could be wrong about ESFP, but she is not an N. ISFP is possible, but she's an attention whore, so that seems pretty E. Also, very loud person.)

Your second point: Is this an N thing to speculate about bands you haven't listened to? They are my favourite of all time, maybe I'm in a better position to type them having actually listened to all their songs. :headphne: But David Draiman is definitely not a T of any kind, so I just found it odd you said he was ESTP or NT.

lucibelle

MBTI Type
I__P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I am quite calm, thanks. You seem to be so bent on her being an NF, that if she is not, your world view will be shattered. Did you read the thread? I bet not. So you keep saying "I don't have any evidence but I just FEEL she is an NF" and when I provide evidence, you ignore it. Clearly, you are not interested in actually typing her, just maintaining your illusion that she is an NF. (I could be wrong about ESFP, but she is not an N. ISFP is possible, but she's an attention whore, so that seems pretty E. Also, very loud person.)

Yup, I also think of her as ESFP.

himynameisdead

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
If I could understand what they were singing, typing might be easier. I suppose they do give off a poetic-ness.

animal collective-ISFP
telepopmusik-ISFP
mum-ISFP
air-ISFP
mogwai-ISFP
bat for lashes-ISFP
grizzly bear-ISFP
moby-ISFP

m.i.a.-ISFP/ESFP

the arcade fire-ISFP/INFP
the beta band-ISFP/INFP
the cardigans-ISFP/INFP
the cranberries-ISFP/INFP
dashboard confessional-ISFP/INFP
devendra banhart-ISFP/INFP
elliot smith-ISFP/INFP
joanna newsom-ISFP/INFP
menomena-ISFP/INFP
wow. i suppose even i have a hard time distinguishing the two.

akron/family-INFP
broken social scene-INFP
the postal service-INFP
frou frou-INFP
jose gonzalez-INFP
neutral milk hotel-INFP
nirvana-INFP
pinback-INFP

bjork-INTP
andrew bird-INTP
modest mouse-INTP

kimya dawson-INFJ

tool-INTJ/ENTJ
at the drive-in-INTJ??

the flaming lips-ENTP?? had a hard time with this one.

dj shadow-ENTJ

marilyn manson-ESTJ

he is legend-ENFP/ESFP

how about the beatles, guys? john lennon is definitely INFP. but what about their overall music?
has anyone here heard of the books? how might you type them?
or bush?

Frou Frou/Imogen Heap=iNfj. Introverted intuition is dripping from her lyrics. "If love is surrender, than whose war is it, anyway?"
"If you knew what was good for me, why would I be leaving you?"

"I know what you're thinking, but darling, you're not thinking straight. Sadly things just happen we can't... explain." You can't get more Ni than that.

"I'm losing you, I'm losing you
Trust me on this one
I've got a bad feeling,
Trust me on this one
You're gonna throw it all away
With no hesitation" This is all about foresight... All Ni.

Origa is iNfj:
"please give me the strength to be the truth pray myself we don't forget
lies, betrayed and the oppressed
please give me the strength to be the truth
people facing the fire together
if we don't, we'll lose all we have found" -foresight and poetic justice.

"..Endless run...
While I'm alive, I can try not to fall while flying,
Not to forget how to dream... how to love
...Endless run...
Calling Calling, For the place of knowing
There's more that what can be linked"- talking about intuition...

And Yuki Kajiura is iNfj.
"Because we invite the peace and tranquility from afar,
It looks like we will have to travel a bit further
Only holding your hand, we cross the freezing night.

Because we met when you were hurt with your head hung low,
And if the pain can go away, you can let go;
Because on the dirtied water, there is a beautiful reflection of the moon

That is the story told by pain
Still hesitant to call it love"- using intuition and understanding processes and using foresight.

Emery is iNfj or iNtj.
"I know you wanna be here so you just let go, and no one's ever gonna tell you no, but I want to, 'cause I know you... I know. But you party on."

"Drugs you use as a place to hide, this will end bad if you don't get this right." "I got this, I got this, I don't need you."

yeah, I'm just doing Ni-related lyrics, because I can most clearly identify those by identifying with their meaning.

KDude

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPOfn74MN0g]ESFP[/youtube]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxVBUWadFkg]ISTP[/youtube]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvKjpGP6P5Y&feature=related]ISFP[/youtube]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FosYw1w9x8]INFP[/youtube]

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nightwish members - anybody could tell their types?

i would say smth liek this but i cant tell well

Tuomas - ISxJ
Tarja - xSxx
Marco -dont know

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
Radiohead - INFP

please please please agree on INTPness...:cheese:

the moment i saw this thread, my first thought was: "Radiohead - IN(something)P". wouldn't be able to tell whether it is INFP or INTP, though.

they are among my most favorite bands, or possibly THE most favorite. they can be difficult to listen to, because the response their music provokes is too strong and they tend to take me to territories i may not want to go to, but they are also more catharthic than most other bands i like.

Dead Can Dance - INFJ

why not INFP? can one even tell, considering that most of their later songs have no lyrics one could go by.

i wonder what one might say about the Cocteau Twins. INFx?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ

9820_N.W.A-wallpaper.jpg

ESFJ

destinys-child.jpg

ESFJ

3682_En-Vogue.jpg

ISFJ

shangri_las_remember.jpg

ISFJ

The%20Supremes-1226224083.jpg

ISFP

yyy21.jpg

ESFP

Culture+Club.jpg

ESFP

ramones1.jpg

ESTP

vanhalenband.jpg

ESTP

t-shirt-aerosmith.jpg

ESTP

Salt-n-Pepa_l.jpg

ESTP

AC-DC.jpg

ESTP

guns_n_roses.jpg

ISTP

Beastie-Boys-album-Solid-Gold-hits.jpg

ENFJ

earth_wind_fire_1286623644.jpg

ENFP

queen-1226999819-61381.jpg

ENFP

913_RAGE_AGAINST_THE_MACHINE__RATM__www.moshpit.ru.jpg

INFP

nirvana-1.jpg

ESTJ

metallica_signed_photo2.jpg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nightwish members - anybody could tell their types?

i would say smth liek this but i cant tell well

Tuomas - ISxJ
Tarja - xSxx
Marco -dont know

Tuomas - INfJ
a lot of imaginitive storytelling lyrics, seems Ni dominant, could be T, but inclination is toward F

Marco - InTJ
In the few interviews I've seen of him, he seems like an introverted thinker, but many of the lyrics from his other band (Tarot which he writes lyrics for) seem to have a strong Te/Fi component to me (very judgemental/critical of others - When Fi supports Te, that is a common result, but other function combinations may give the same/similar result), but my inclination is that its Fi in a non-primary function, so my stab in the dark here is INTJ.

Tarja - InFp
She definately seems to have an intorverted and feeling preference, but beyond that its a lot harder to pin anything down. There are a couple songs of hers (Underneath and Naiad) that seem very INFPish to me, but 2 songs is not enough to make a judgement on and the rest of her music is very diverse (that could be an indication of Ne). I do recall hearing an interview where she talked about cover songs and songs that she did not write, and she talked about feeling a need to signficantly change the songs to personalize them and make them her own which is the same way I approach artistic endeavors in general, so my inclination is INFP, but I could easily be persuaded otherwise.

Someoen better at typing others may be able to come up with some more persuasive argements to either support of refute my guesses, and I'm curious to what types these artists actually are, so that would be welcome.