• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bands by MBTI type

Redj32

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
I love Deerhoof. They strike me as ISFP or ESFP, but the intimacy and childlikeness of the lead vocals (as well as the lack of definite/literal verbal expression) strike me as particularly ISFP.

Definitely ISFP

Aerosmith - ISFP in the 70s, ESFP after the 70s
REM - ENFP
Frank Zappa - As ENTP as it gets
Misfits - ENTJ perhaps
Elvis Presley - ESFP

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think almost 90% of bands I listen to could be classified into xNTP, INFP, or INTJ.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are we talking about bands or artists? I guess I'll do both.

Fallout Boy- ISFJ mainly because their songs are about the past, and about other people.
Marina and The Diamonds- ENTJ I'm talking about her persona, but she's apparently an introvert.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm if I were to type my entire music library...

65% would be INTP. (Anything Chill-out, IDM, or Ambient related. Possibly a bit of Drone metal.)
15% would be ENxP. (Basically any other electronica I listen to not in the INTP category like Psy-Trance and lots of Anime/Video game themes.)
10% would be IxFP. (This category takes up all of the self-pitiful and depressive metal.)
9% would be INTJ. (Progressive metal, Post-Rock, and complex rock operas.)
1% would be ESFP. (A few songs from Lady Gaga :newwink:)

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
joanbaez_with_guitar_0.jpg

Joan Baez: INFP

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm if I were to type my entire music library...

65% would be INTP. (Anything Chill-out, IDM, or Ambient related. Possibly a bit of Drone metal.)
15% would be ENxP. (Basically any other electronica I listen to not in the INTP category like Psy-Trance and lots of Anime/Video game themes.)
10% would be IxFP. (This category takes up all of the self-pitiful and depressive metal.)
9% would be INTJ. (Progressive metal, Post-Rock, and complex rock operas.)
1% would be ESFP. (A few songs from Lady Gaga :newwink:)

Did you actually calculate this or are you guessing?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mary-Anne-Hobbs-2014-12-06-with-Sharon-Van-Etten-600x337.jpg

Sharon Van Etten: INFP

Sikusung

MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Doors- INFJ
Pink Floyd- INTP
Rolling Stones- ESFP
The Beatles- INFP
AC/CD- ESTP
Grateful Dead- INTP
CCR- INFJ
That's my favorite bands and my terribly wrong generalization.

jamaikai

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pink floyd - comfortably numb: song about an INTJ who lost hope and motivation for his participation to the world :happy2::huh::blush::newwink:

jamaikai

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Juicy J - ESTP
Lil Wayne - ESTP
NWA - ESTP
Nate Dogg - ESTP
Jeezy - ESTP
Soulja boy - ESTP

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pink floyd - comfortably numb: song about an INTJ who lost hope and motivation for his participation to the world :happy2::huh::blush::newwink:

Roger Waters is considered by many to be an INTJ, incidentally

justwhelmed

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haven't read through the whole thread but here are my two cents:

All Time Low- ENFP. Their lyrics are kind of clever and pretty Ne with quite a few metaphors and good use of irony. They're also way more Feeling than Thinking. They discuss emotions and Fi kind of concepts in their songs.

Fall Out Boy- Seems pretty ENTP to me. Maybe because I believe Pete Wentz, their primary lyricist, is ENTP. Their lyrics are witty and clever (Ne-Ti) and less about sensory experiences and stuff.

The Weeknd- Comes off ISFP to me. Very introverted and emotional. But also with a lot of sensory content.

Halsey- I think her music is also kind of ISFP. Seems to be about personal feelings and struggles but is very descriptive and makes you feel like you're actually experiencing it which seems kind of Se to me. Also discusses concrete things and ideas more often than ideas.

solpi

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Billie Armstrong totally seems like an ISFP type 4 with a lot of 7.

these are my quick assumptions based on the lead singers' lyrics + personality, but obviously they weren't the only people who wrote their bands' songs:

The Story so Far // Parker Cannon - ESTP
Neck Deep // Ben Barlow - ISFP
State Champs // Derek Discanio - ISTJ, possibly ISFP
Rise Against // Tim Mcllrath - ENFJ
Twenty One Pilots // Tyler Joseph - INFP
Brand New // Jesse Lacey - He's hard and I had to think on this one. I'm certain he's ISFP.
Fall Out Boy // Pete Wentz - ENFP
Skillet // John Cooper - ENFJ
Papa Roach // Jacoby Shaddix - ENTJ, maybe F?

Last edited: