• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fantastic Beasts MBTI?

madhats42

MBTI Type
XNFX
Enneagram
2w3
Saw that last night and was absolutely blown out of the water. So good! What do you think the characters' MBTIs would be? I'm not super good at this but here are some thoughts:

Newt: IXFP ((Eddie Redmayne plays a lot of IXFPs, dang))

Tina: IXFJ?

Queenie: ESFX? Leaning towards ESFJ

Jacob: ENFP? Mayyybe INFP but he seemed pretty extroverted so I doubt it.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ugh I want to see this so bad. Probably will wait until I get home though in a few days so I can go with someone else. But it was good? Thats excellent to hear!

And if I go see it I will probably be back. But love that this thread exists

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It was a fantastic film. I liked it. Makes me want to re-watch the entire Harry Potter series all over again. :D

Newt definitely seems like an INFP, in my opinion. I am not completely confident about this, but he seems to fit the type well. He seems very independent but yet he believes in standing up for his own friends and getting them out of trouble, something I seem to find in Fi-doms a lot of the time. His Te, despite it being his inferior function, seems developed, knowing how to fix an issue when they arise.

Tina is a very serious INFJ woman; she is keen of when something doesn't feel right (Ni) and cares very deeply for people around her (Fe). Her lack of attention to details and inappropriate spurs of action has led her into trouble, which says that her Si and Se isn't very good, though she is very intelligent and just wants to do a good job in her superior's eyes. Poor girl.

With Queenie, I'm stuck between ESFJ or ENFJ for her. She is most definitely a Fe-dom, charming the pants off of any person she comes across, and her attractive looks certainly helps her more in that department. Evidence suggests, though, that she uses Fe-Ni since she had a strange knowing that something happened to her sister Tina, without a lot of concrete evidence, though then again, she has the superpower of reading other people's minds, so I'm stumped.

Jacob. H'boy. I can't be too sure where to put him. I'll have to think about this some more, so please forgive me. For now, I'll put him down as ExFx until further notice.

madhats42

MBTI Type
XNFX
Enneagram
2w3
Ooh--I didn't think of Queenie's dominant function but now that you mention it, Fe-dom makes so much sense. Yeah, definitely EXFJ then... maybe ENFJ just because she does seem to rely on intuition? But you're right, that could be because of her power.

As far as Jacob goes, he is surprisingly tough and the more I think about it, the less I'm sure. Aggh.

Why INFP for Newt? Fi-dom for sure but I can't tell whether he uses N or S. Sometimes it seems like he uses tertiary Ni (that's what it's called right) because he trusts his instincts a lot, and I think I see some Se in him because he can be a bit reckless (like when he tells Tina to jump when they're in the extermination place) so I think I might lean towards ISFP for him, but then again, he also seems to have some NF traits. What's your reasoning?

Metallikittycat

I agree that Tina is definitely INFJ, or at least, is a very close resemblance of my very close INFJ friend ^_^ I think it's hard to tell what Jacob's personality is...I wanna say he's at least Sensing and Feeling.... As for newt, this may be because I myself am INFP, but I definitely got the feeling from like everything he did and said that he was INFP because he was pretty awkward in some situations and it felt like he had a hard time maintaining eye contact, but even though he was quiet and very reserved he definitely had his head focused on his one major ideal. What really struck me to lean toward him being more INFP was how blunt he seemed at one moment and then emotional in the next. I don't really know about the other characters, but I love the variety of personality types in this film and how it wasn't the same formula as the HP films ^_^

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Newt - ISFP, but INFP would be my second guess.
Tina - ISTJ, I see very strong Te in her.
Queen - ESF*, She is definitely is ruled by her emotions and others. I think (hope) the 2nd film gives us more insight on her. She and Jacob are my favorites. Speaking of which....
Jacob - ESFJ, ISFJ is my second choice. He has very high Si and Fe.
Credence - INFP :'(
His foster mother from hell - E*TJ
Graves - ENTJ or ENFJ. Strong Ni either way.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just finished watching it a few minutes ago.

Newt - Fi dom
Tina - ISxJ
Queenie - ESFP (i'm surprised a lot of the people said Fe dom when she seems like the quintessential flirty ESFP)
Jacob - extrovert
Colin Farrell - Te dom

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I definitely think that Newt is an INFP. You see the Fi dominant in how he makes decisions: most of his choices are based off of his value of protecting magical creatures. The Ne auxiliary comes through in how he sees possibilities others don't, such as that magical creatures aren't dangerous, and should be protected. Also his "rebellion" style is very INFP-like: pretending to go with the flow, but then as soon as he's alone, he goes off and does his own thing.

I agree that Tina is an INFJ, though I could see ISFJ as well.

Jacob is an ENFP. He's really charming and sweet like your stereotypical ENFP, and he tends to think a bit outside of the box, and follows his free-spirited dreams, which suggests a Ne dominant.

Queenie is an ESFJ. You clearly see the Fe dominant directing her decisions, and she's very ESFJ-like in how she likes to take care of people (the food and cocoa is so stereotypical xD ), as well as nose into their lives and give advice/take care of them some more. Plus, the stereotypical ESFJ like cute outfits. uwu

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I absolutely loved this movie, much darker than I expected. I haven't read the book, which I should.

Wanted to bump this.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i misread this as "fantastic breasts" and had to do a double take...

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Newt Scamander- INTP
TIna Goldstein- ISTJ
Queenie Goldstein- ESFP
Jacob- ENFP

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Newt 9w1 INFP sx/sp
Queenie is a 2w3 ESFP sx/so hence why so many people think she's a Fe dom. She just craves for someone to love her.
Jacob 6w7 ESFJ so/sp
is Porpentina a 1w9 or a 1w2? sp/so