• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ms. Peregrine's Home of Peculiar Children

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've only read the first book and watched the movie, but none else has made a thread like this. At least i don't think so.

All I know is that Ms. Peregrine is an ISTJ, but no other types really jumped out with he other characters. I will say that I don't think Jacob has a type. I think he's just some boring, vague character that is meant to be as relatable as possible. He doesn't have much of a personality.

So yeah does anyone have any ideas for the other characters.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I actually read the books and saw the movie. My 12 year old cousin wanted to borrow my copy of the first one that Ive had... forever- or at least a few years I suppose... and so I was looking for it one day over the summer and thought huh- I never actually read this- so I read it and it was fairly good. Anyways- that boring and yeah probably unnecessary story over ok...

Peregrine. IXTJ 1w2 Very big on duty and setting particular moral standards for her wards- perhaps 1w9. Cant completely decide but her morality seems a bit more externally focused so makes me think 1w2 over 1w9. Calm and protective of her charges, kind, but not exactly overly warm. Not sure whether Ni or Si- the creation of a loop might point Si- but if it were the legitimate only way... well no. No. Even when she was talking of her brothers and their experimentation she seemed to hold the thought of it very much in contempt- both in a morally outraged way and in a 'I dont understand why they would want to mess with things they are very much good how they are why are they stirring the pot messing with 'the system' and putting everything we know in potential jeopardy' kind of way. So yeah.

ISTJ 1w2

Jacob ISFP 9... 9wWHAT is the question. I dont see a lot of 8 or 1 from him. But considering the way he seems to idealize and thrive to be as strong and powerful as his grandfather was... very much views himself as a weakling and seems on the verge of wanting to externalize some of his own strength- sort of ROAR in his own way... ISFP 9w8. Which is a fairly typical type for a protagonist really.

Emma INTJ perhaps. Hard to get a read on... and its been a while since I read the books. Person the group looks towards for guidance. eNTJ perhaps. Very much willing to put her feelings for Jacob aside to do what she thinks is best in a situation- thogh she is stilted and awkward when she has to do so- they are there but she very much knows and feels she has to fight them.

Millard INTP: the scolar and expert on all things.

Bronwyn: SFJ. Mother figure. Thinking eSFJ. Its hard to determine extraverion or introversion in this book because they are just about always in the same set social situation- their little group- so you just cant see much variation.

Anyways thats all I can remember though- and thats after seeing the movie too so that helped bring things to the front of my mind a bit more- though I did try to type by my impressions of the book characters and not the movie ones.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I though that Ms. Peregrine was an INFJ 4w5
Jake - I'd say ENFP pobic 6
Barron - INTJ cp6
Emma - STJ perhaps?