• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Fighting Game Characters (It is possible)

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just wanted to give a shot to trying to type fighting game characters. So, here I go.

Starting with Street Fighter

Street Fighter II

Ryu - INFJ
Ken - ESTP
Akuma - INTJ
Bison - ENTJ
Vega - ISTP
Chun Li - ENFJ
Sagat - ISTJ
Blanka - ISFP
Dhalsim - INTP
E. Honda - ESTJ
T. Hawk - ISTJ
Fei Long - INFP
Cammy -ISTJ
DeeJay - iSFP
Balrog - ISTP
Zangief - ESFJ

Street Fighter Alpha series

Rose - INFJ
Sakura - ESFP
Guy - ISTJ
Cody - ESTP
Charlie - ESFJ
Adon - ESTP
Rolento - ISTP
Sodom - INTJ
Gen - INTJ
Dan - ExFJ
R.Mika - ESFJ
Karin - ESTJ
Birdie - ISTJ

Street Fighter III

Alex - ESTP
Dudley - ESTJ
Elena - INFP
Ibuki - ESFP
Yun - ESTP
Yang - ISTJ
Oro - INFJ
Urien- ENTJ
Hugo - ISFJ
Remy - INTJ
Necro - ISTP
Q - IxTJ
Gill - ENTJ

Street Fighter VI

Crimson Viper: INTJ
Seth: ENFJ
Juri: ESTP
Poison: ESFP
Hakan:xxxP
Gouken: xxxJ
Abel: No idea
Rufus: ENFP

Last edited:

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wouldn't necro be intp?

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is nice. Have you ever played the soul calibur or king of fighters series?

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is nice. Have you ever played the soul calibur or king of fighters series?
Yes, I have. I've been trying to figure out the King Of Fighters series as far as MBTI goes. Specifically, I am trying to figure out what Kyo and Iori are. Part of me wants to call Kyo an ENFP, considering he is always inventing new moves, and wearing different styles of clothing. (Ne) Is motivated by his own values and feelings (Fi) but I am having trouble with seeing if he has any (Te) but I know he does not care for traditions yet still has a sense of duty, so a low amount of Si. Iori is a mystery to me, and Terry Bogard I believe is more of an ESTP instead of a ESFP.

Edit: As for Soul Calibur, I could try out a few, would you mind?

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I have. I've been trying to figure out the King Of Fighters series as far as MBTI goes. Specifically, I am trying to figure out what Kyo and Iori are. Part of me wants to call Kyo an ENFP, considering he is always inventing new moves, and wearing different styles of clothing. (Ne) Is motivated by his own values and feelings (Fi) but I am having trouble with seeing if he has any (Te) but I know he does not care for traditions yet still has a sense of duty, so a low amount of Si. Iori is a mystery to me, and Terry Bogard I believe is more of an ESTP instead of a ESFP.

Meh, I know for sure what they are in socionics, but in MBTI I can only guess. Those two are my main interest too. Kyo is a SEE-Se, which I would translate in this case to ENFP like you say (or maybe ENTP), and Iori is socionics SLE-Ti, which could be in this case ENTJ. Terry is ESTP like you say. Chizuru is INFJ, Leona ENFJ, Goro ESTJ, Mai ESFJ, Ash (although I'm not too familiar with the newest characters) probably INFP, and Benimaru I'm not sure (maybe ISFP?).

Edit: As for Soul Calibur, I could try out a few, would you mind?

Sure, I have a couple of guesses myself: Siegfried/Nightmare - ENTJ, Cervantes - ISTP.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On a side note, if you don't mind I would like to take a moment to reminisce KOF, one of my all time favourite games. Nothing beat a 1 on 1 Iori vs Kyo, on the Esaka stage (to this awesome music). Red and purple flames all over the place (I used to know how to perform all of their moves). Man those were the times.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not too familiar with Street Fighter lore, but I would think Sakura is an ESFP and Chun Li an ISTJ.

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Meh, I know for sure what they are in socionics, but in MBTI I can only guess. Those two are my main interest too. Kyo is a SEE-Se, which I would translate in this case to ENFP like you say (or maybe ENTP), and Iori is socionics SLE-Ti, which could be in this case ENTJ. Terry is ESTP like you say. Chizuru is INFJ, Leona ENFJ, Goro ESTJ, Mai ESFJ, Ash (although I'm not too familiar with the newest characters) probably INFP, and Benimaru I'm not sure (maybe ISFP?).

Sure, I have a couple of guesses myself: Siegfried/Nightmare - ENTJ, Cervantes - ISTP.

Yeah! That's what I thought about with Kyo! I was stuck between ENFP or ENTP with a slight leaning more on the latter than the former. Iori as an ENTJ? I can't argue it, but I can say his Fi rarely is on display. Leona as an ENFJ? I would probably say ISTJ from how she acts and interacts with Clark or Ralf. She seems all about "the mission". Unless it is KOF 13-14, where she may have developed a bit more. Goro, I can agree with. Mai I definitely agree about. Benimaru is a difficult one for me specifically. Part of me believe Kula Diamond is a good example of an ISFP. I'm not sure I can see Benimaru as an Introvert. Especially with how much he is described as being outspoken, and a ladies man. ESFP maybe?

On a side note, if you don't mind I would like to take a moment to reminisce KOF, one of my all time favourite games. Nothing beat a 1 on 1 Iori vs Kyo, on the Esaka stage (to this awesome music). Red and purple flames all over the place (I used to know how to perform all of their moves). Man those were the times.

Oh wow.. This takes me back. Yes indeed, I've always been more of a Guilty Gear player, but KOF constantly is in a race with it as one of my favorites. Kyo's themes being some of my favorite tracks. Especially Tears, I love it.

Also I want to add some more.

Yuri Sakazaki-ESFP

Ryo Sakazaki-ESTJ

Kula Diamond-ISFP

Athena Asamiya-ENFJ

Kim Kaphawn-ESTJ

Soul Calibur (Keep in mind, some of these are shots in the dark.)
Taki-ISTJ
Sophitia-INFJ
Cassandra-ESTP
Kilik-INFP
Xianghua-ESFP
Mitsurugi-ISTP
Talim-INFP
Ivy-INTJ
Tira:????

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not too familiar with Street Fighter lore, but I would think Sakura is an ESFP and Chun Li an ISTJ.
Chun Li as an ISTJ is highly probably to me. I've seen a case for her being a ENFJ, though I'm pretty sure it came from some of her portrayals in the anime where she is constantly working with others rather than going through things by herself. Chun Li I can see as an ISTJ at least, but Sakura as an ESFP, may I ask why, out of a bit of curiousity?

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Chun Li as an ISTJ is highly probably to me. I've seen a case for her being a ENFJ, though I'm pretty sure it came from some of her portrayals in the anime where she is constantly working with others rather than going through things by herself. Chun Li I can see as an ISTJ at least, but Sakura as an ESFP, may I ask why, out of a bit of curiousity?

If I'm not mistaken, she's a plucky young girl with ambitions to be as great of a fighter as Ryu (who she is related to?) Her character doesn't seem to have inferior Si but I've seen traces of inferior Ni. She has a "From now until then" type of thing going for her.

Again, not familiar with SF, so I could be stereotyping and/or misinterpreting.

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If I'm not mistaken, she's a plucky young girl with ambitions to be as great of a fighter as Ryu (who she is related to?) Her character doesn't seem to have inferior Si but I've seen traces of inferior Ni. She has a "From now until then" type of thing going for her.

Again, not familiar with SF, so I could be stereotyping and/or misinterpreting.

Well, the only time I really see Sakura like this, and not being rude in anyway, is in the Street Fighter Alpha movie. She's a fangirl who became more serious after being inspired by Ryu to become a martial artist. Really, her moves are different variations from Ryu's, and she's constantly showing examples of Ne ("I wish I could teleport like that when I'm running late for school!"-Vs Dhalsim) in the games to me, personally. She isn't as present detail focused as Yuri is, an ESFP from KOF, and constantly plays with what if scenarios. I don't really see any Ni in her, so I can give you that, but I also don't see as much Ti though. My point is, it possible for either one, ESFP or ENFP, but I lean a bit more on ENFP.

Edit: Thinking about it, Sakura actually does show signs of Inferior Si in the Alpha movie, so I was actually wrong there as well. Her ankle gets broken and she spends her entire time closed off, and alone, focusing on answering the question of, "Why do martial artists fight?"

X-01

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
More Soul Calibur Tries

Siegfried-INFJ

Hilde-ISTJ

Setsuka-ISTP

Voldo-ISTJ